Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious whether any of you have personal heroes; historical, fictional, living this very moment... anything goes.

As a whole I'm never all that impressed with peoples' achievements/ inspiring thoughts/what-have-you, so I only have two real life heroes, Michael Collins (not the astronaut, lawl) and Oscar Wilde. And Jean Valjean is my fictional hero. xD

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Oscar Wilde seems cool (Encyclopedia Dramatica has the most god awful crush on him), but other than that...maybe V from V for Vendetta. And Keira Knightly, because I've adopted her as a sort of vague goal point marker to gauge my level of success. (Weird to explain.) Also, I think she's rather beautiful.

I was expecting something very different from the title. I actually cringed reading it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The only heroes that I have are people who stood up for themselves and single-handedly started a revolution.

These include Albert Einstien, Gandhi, and many others.

Lesser heroes are people who don't give a tweet about what other people think and go on to live what they want. And yes, this probably means being independent.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Fuck. This is going to sound cliche, but I really respect Siddhartha Gautama. As far as INTP problem solving goes, he sat down and solved arguably the most vexing question facing humanity and found a simple way to formulate its solution so that the greatest number of people could understand it... and then his followers went and turned the teachings into another damned "ism." Regardless of what you think of the dude, he went at it alone and came up with his own understanding. That, to me, is amazing.

·
Registered
826 Posts
now that i think of it, i don't really have many heroes or people i admire. i admire some ideas or actions, but never the people who had them. i'm curious about them, and i like them, but nothing more(for instance i like learning on the privazy on some people i admire, like hp lovecraft, but that is mostly to find out his genius). i suppose it got something to do with identity, i just can't have heroes. it makes me uncomfortable to list people i like in such a general way(i can on the other hand list writers, scientists, musicians etc that i like easily)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
People like Albert Einstein, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, mother Theresa, Florence Nightingale.
Even if none of them was without flaws, these people are closest to the ideal human advocated by Jesus Christ and the Buddha.

I suppose my reasons come down to asking myself what kind of people would I want to be most influential in a better world.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Albert Einstein, Buddha, Carl Jung, HP Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, my cousin (she introduced me to this site).

Fictional heroes?

L from Death Note, House, and Sherlock Holmes.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Heroes...no not really. I really respect people who stand up for their principles, and stick by them, whether I agree with their ideals/politics or not. Jamie Oliver, Ann Widdecombe, Reginald Mitchell (designed the Spitfire)...I may think of few more and post later.

I dislike most so-called "intellectuals" actually. I just find most of them are too far up their backsides.

Reactions: Fiddler and Thu

·
Registered
826 Posts
People like Albert Einstein, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, mother Theresa, Florence Nightingale.
Even if none of them was without flaws, these people are closest to the ideal human advocated by Jesus Christ and the Buddha.

I suppose my reasons come down to asking myself what kind of people would I want to be most influential in a better world.
ideal human? fuck that, and fuck all of them. a better world? i don't even understand what that means. in fact i take back what i said about heroes and say that my hero is henry chinaski just to counter these crazy heroes

·
Registered
82 Posts
Noel Gallagher - ISTP

When writing music, I wish I had the kind of creativity and attention to detail of an ISTP - but I wouldn't want to lose my intuition as a substitute. *sigh*

167 Posts
Hmmm people like Joe Darby or the Subway NYC hero guy, or just any ordinary people who do extraordinary moral deeds (when others remain passive) in certain situations. To me people like Gandhi, Mother Theresa etc are more of exceptions than they are heroes, because they organised their whole lives around it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ozasis reminded me of another. Mike Skinner (The Streets). There's a poet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
And Jean Valjean is my fictional hero. xD
*enters thread*
"OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO SAY MY HERO'S INSPECTOR JAVERT-"
*sees this*

LOLirony.

Anyways,
-Inspector Javert
Why?
He's awesome.

-Prince Humperdinck
Why? He's awesome, for many reasons. It can be explained in a quote of his:

"Look, Ty," he said finally. "I'm just thrilled you smoothed all the bugs out of the Machine; I never for a
minute doubted you'd get it right eventually. And I'm really anxious as can be to see it working. But how
can I put this? I can't keep my head above water one minute to the next: it's not just the parties and the
goo-gooing with what's-her-name, I've got to decide how long the Five Hundredth Anniversary Parade is
going to be and where does it start and when does it start and which nobleman gets to march in front of
which other nobleman so that everyone's still speaking to me at the end of it, plus I've got a wife to
murder and a country to frame for it, plus I've got to get the war going once that's all happened, and all
this is stuff I've got to do myself."

Reactions: Fiddler
1 - 20 of 24 Posts