Personality Cafe banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
IMG_0637.JPG
That's a beautiful sight: Gulf of Mexico sandwhiched between a beautiful sunny sky and a beautiful sandy beach and nobody BUT NOBODY anywhere in sight!

Reactions: Squirt

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Gotta few things I need to get caught up on and include. First tho, When you're livin in Ur Van down by The River.........

<<<<<<<<-------------------------take it frum a koon!

IMG_0581.jpg
......don't park tooo close to the water. You'ld think this should go without sayin but Humanity being what it is.........
jus sayin.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I tried a new showering technique a week or so back using my solar shower. Its a technique I've thought about that I could use sometime if conditions warranted it but had never actually applied it until a week or 2 back. The situation is when its a sunny day but temperatures are cool to cold and windy which would impede the water in the solar shower heating to an optimum comfortable shower temperature.

<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a turtle skull!

What I did was park the truck cab/windshield facing into the sun with windows closed and placing the solar shower on the center console. The inside of the cab eventually becomes very warm raising the ambient inside temperature as well as the solar shower doing its own thing as well as eliminating any heat carry off by the wind. It worked out very well as even tho the air temperature was about 58 degrees with a brisk 15 mph wind I was able to take a nice comfortable hot shower - once I located a spot that was relatively wind free. Even a hot shower can feel very cold when it's 58 degrees with a 15 mph wind blowing on you so find a spot that blocks the wind and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Time to get caught up since I'm now in Mississippi and will be, I'm thinkin, at least thru this weekend. I left Honneymoon Island north of Clearwater, Florida some weex back and traveled inland abit to hang with some acquaintances about 25 miles or so west of Ocala, Fl. They live in a very scenic wilderness area as they, like me , need peace of heart & mind and wilderness solitude. I stayed with them for about 4 days, i guess. Enjoyed their company & hospitality; the woods & wildlife, Real hot showers in a shower room and both he & her are very good cooks as well - been eatin my own food for maybe a lil too long. I slept in my truck, tho - its home!

<<<<<<---------------------take it frum a koon!

here's pix of their backyard:
IMG_0654.jpg
They love the wildlife and enjoy feeding the deer. They're almost like pets and do not run away even when we're sitting by the campfire laughing & jokin around.
IMG_0661.jpg

After I left there I headed toward the panhandle where I hung out at Bald Point State Park for a couple days and spent the nights in Tate's Hell State forest:
IMG_0656.jpg IMG_0655.jpg Remote wilderness sleeping and peace & tranquility at its best.

I moved on to St. George's Island where I spent I'm thinkin about 5 days & nights. Slept in the truck near the light house and then would drive every morning to the park about 3 miles or so down the road.
After, that i moved on to Panama City Beach where I spent the days at St. Andrews Park and crashed in the nearby Wal Mart parking lot then it was down the road abit to Navarre Beach. Stayed here 3 days & 2 nights if i recall. This place is about as quiet as a beach town gets and i slept in a couple beach parking lots that have no signs sayin I couldn't and so I did! More after a lil break. Thanx.

Reactions: Squirt

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Somewhere between PCB & Navarre is a place I stopped and found a really kool looking thing - a giant turtle skull!

<<<<<<---------------take it frum a koon!

IMG_0643.jpg

and yep; thaz exactly what them govt peeps did too - they took it frum me. OK I'm over it, sorta.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi @intjonn

I realise you started this thread a long time ago now, but I only just came across it while having a mosey through the INTJ section. I've only went through the first page of the thread so far, but it is a fascinating read.

I love the detail you've went into as well, especially with regard to the power requirements (I'm an electrical engineer so I always find this stuff interesting).

Got one question for you:

2 inverters:

1500 watt modified sine wave
300 watt pure sine wave
Out of interest what sort of equipment in your trailer do you power off the modified sine wave inverter, and have you come across any electrical/electronic items that really don't like it or even fail to work?

Years ago, I got a 500W modified sine wave inverter for using on a camping trip. I remember it being great for power some lights (no surprise there), but I remember some items would emit a serious buzzing sound (again no major surprise either - but did continue to work at least).

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Hi @intjonn
Out of interest what sort of equipment in your trailer do you power off the modified sine wave inverter, and have you come across any electrical/electronic items that really don't like it or even fail to work?
Thanx for your interest..........

<<<<<<--------------------take it frum a koon!

Actually, I don't run really anything with the inverter in my trailer as the trailer is equipped with a 4000 watt generator which will pretty much run anything short of a cyclotron. :wink: What I have the inverter for is to run a few items while living in my truck in particular my 120 volt water pik which I use to clean my teeth.
Water pik: IMG_0673.JPG
otherwise everything else that requires electricity is 12 volt and runs off the 12 volt batteries which in turn are charged either by the 225 amp truck alternator or the 120 volt 10amp solar panels.
Again , thanx. Jonny Koon Luzsha.

Reactions: orion83uk

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
After leaving Navarre Beach, I hung out in the Pensacola area for over a week - may be 10 days? My quasi adopted "grand daughter" is in the Navy and is stationed there and we hung out together off & on a few different days. I've known her since she was 14 as her mom & step dad are long standing beach peep vagabond friends of mine from my days at Lake Michigan.

<<<<<<<<---------------------take it frum a koon!

From a couple years back:

IMG_0585.JPG
She's the one on the right I'm in the middle - eat ur hearts out guys feelin jelly aint you?

After leaving Pensacola, I hung out on the East coast of Moibile Bay for a couple days at a quiet lil park that is almost unknown by most. Then I left there and have now been in the Biloxi/Gulfport area for what will prolly be a couple more days. Then I'll be off to Louisiana- yeah its Mardi Gras in New Orleans but I'll be passin on that one - been there done that.
BYE!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Sometimes you just can't take a shower even tho you want one or you need one..............

<<<<<<--------------------take it frum a koon!

Some peeps use "baby wipes" but hey those things are for babies not adults! I use these:

IMG_0674.jpg

5ish dollars at Walmart for 96 of em. These things are made for giving baths to bed ridden adults , invalids, etc. Peeps unable to maintain hygiene by taking a basic shower. I think they work really great, too. I feel clean, etc after use. Are they as good as a good old fashioned Real Shower in a real Shower room? AHhhh no they're not but theyre ALOT better I think than taking a cold shower on a cold day in the wilderness or not having one at all.
Also, a tip when storing: Store them upside down so the cleaning solution that the cloths are saturated with doesn't all settle to the bottom or when you want to use a couple they'll be abit on the dry side.
Heres to keeping the Dark Side of the Moon clean & feelin sunny!
Jonny Koon Luzsha

Reactions: VinnieBob

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Last week I hung out at both Rutherford Beach and Holly Beach in Loozyanna. Lookin for shells and enjoyed the remoteness, peace & solitude. Outside of some mosquitos I pretty much had both places all to myself.

<<<<<----------------take it frum a koon!

IMG_0681.JPG
Sunrise at Holly Beach.

IMG_0682.jpg
........and Sunset

IMG_0678.jpg
I love walking on the beach when exposed by low tide. I call it the sea's fingerprints. It reminds me of gigantic fingerprints and with each tide they are unique.
IMG_0684.JPG And found these 2 scotch bonnet shells.:sun-smiley:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
OK...... Intjonn Social Fix Time.
I left Holly Beach some time ago - maybe 2 weex now? Motored into Texas where I spent a few days at Magnolia Beach then moved onto North Padre Island National Park where I spent another couple days & nights. Left a little bit sooner than I really wanted to tho but the following days weather was calling for windy conditions and well, sitting in the truck all day vs. getting sand blasted by 25mph winds wasn't my idea of a good day at a beach so I moved on to South Padre Island and have now been here for almost a week.

<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a koon!

South Padre Island, Texas (known as SPI) during March is one of the few places I give myself a "Social Fix". March is SPRING BREAK for the university/college peeps and SPI is THEEE main party hell raising place in Texas for "Texas Week" (the week the University of Texas has spring break) and I totally let my hair down and raise total hell with all the Spring Breakers! Many from all across Murahka, not just Texas.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE YOUNG PEOPLE! They're a complete fuking blast! I love them telling me what they're studying, their plans for their educations & lives, where they're from; thier visions, dreams & goals for their lives and the World they live in! They' are such a pleasure for me to be around and interact with. I party with them mainly at the 6 hour long afternoon beach Party held at Clayton's - The Largest beach bar iin Texas:

https://claytonsbeachbar.com/

but sometimes some of them are able to talk me into attending one of the nightly Beach bash concerts........
I've been doing this now in March for some years now and "The Breakers" refer to me as The Beach Bash Legend". Haha, I'll be here yet thru this weekend , prolly leave Tuesday, but maybe Wednesday......... will elaborate more & post some pix here or in the INTJ Photo thread; oh wtf prolly BOTH!
INTJonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
Monday I left SPI. It was my tenth day on the island and karma was in "its time to go" mode. So I did.

<<<<<<------------------take it frum a koon!

Washed the dried salt spray off my truck, filled up the tank and away I went. Got on the Interstate and didn't stop till I was out of Texas. Bunked up Monday night at the I-10 Louisiana welcome center. Woke up Tuesday morn and decided to just continue driving on the Interstate (I normally drive the back roads) thru Louisiana and into Mississippi which is where I'm at now. Parked on the beach near Gulfport, Ms. Will be here for at least a couple days then I'm thinkin I'll go back into the Florida Panhandle; spend some time at Pensacola, Opal Beach & Navarre Beach and then head across North Florida via Tallahassee unto Jacksonville........... maybe? Idk;

Eventually, I'll turn North to Folly Beach, South Carolina and hopefully be able to spend some time with my daughter but the way the covid pandemic has turned that may not happen.........

Because of "covid"; After what I saw yesterday in the grocery store, this morning I decided to completely top off my fuel tank and then I found a place where I could use a water faucet to fill my 2 water jugs as well as my 20 gallon water tank. So I'm now full with fuel, full with food and full with water. I should be "good" in my truck for awhile.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Monday I left SPI. It was my tenth day on the island and karma was in "its time to go" mode. So I did.

Washed the dried salt spray off my truck, filled up the tank and away I went. Got on the Interstate and didn't stop till I was out of Texas. Bunked up Monday night at the I-10 Louisiana welcome center. Woke up Tuesday morn and decided to just continue driving on the Interstate (I normally drive the back roads) thru Louisiana and into Mississippi which is where I'm at now. Parked on the beach near Gulfport, Ms. Will be here for at least a couple days then I'm thinkin I'll go back into the Florida Panhandle; spend some time at Pensacola, Opal Beach & Navarre Beach and then head across North Florida via Tallahassee unto Jacksonville........... maybe? Idk;

Eventually, I'll turn North to Folly Beach, South Carolina and hopefully be able to spend some time with my daughter but the way the covid pandemic has turned that may not happen.........

Because of "covid"; After what I saw yesterday in the grocery store, this morning I decided to completely top off my fuel tank and then I found a place where I could use a water faucet to fill my 2 water jugs as well as my 20 gallon water tank. So I'm now full with fuel, full with food and full with water. I should be "good" in my truck for awhile.
What places tend to have easily accessible faucets with clean drinking water? I skipped over quite a few entries, so I'm interested in mobile food preparation while you're with your truck only; I would appreciate if you could reiterate those.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
What places tend to have easily accessible faucets with clean drinking water? I skipped over quite a few entries, so I'm interested in mobile food preparation while you're with your truck only; I would appreciate if you could reiterate those.

<<<<<<<--------------------take it frum a koon!

you left out the key word here. FREE! Oh and anuther - Potable!
Every place in Murahka has a water faucet somewhere ain't that hard to find but you don't wanna pay for it and you gotta trust that the source ain't gunna give you sumthin worse than coronavirus ; like the never ending liquid shits. I'll elaborate in a bit but first I gotta get my solar shower and bathe while the water is still warm. Be back in a bit.
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
On water acquisition...........

I've been livin like this for awhile and I've got my water sources down pat. I know where every free potable water faucet on my loop exists. Parks are good sources, city, county, state, National but not all of them have a faucet especially the city & county parks But when you find one make a note of it. Course most state & National parks require an entrance fee so technically "not free" but I have the Old Man Lifetime cards for the National Parks and the states I care about cause well I'm fuking old...........

Gas stations sometimes have an accessible faucet - there's one I use when in certain Florida Keys. RV Parks also are spots were you can fill up but here again you might have to pay for it. Truck/ Travel stops, etc. You're buying their gas they'll give you the water. Many city beach access spots have beach showers you can get water frum. Sterilize the damn water exit point tho, you know lighter & a wipe. Let the water run for a minute or so , too. Mostly look around and make note of the spots where you put your jug in a "bird bath". Its pretty easy really. I've never had a problem getting water anywhere and the only place in Murahka where I pay for it is in the SoCal desert. Hey its the fukin desert, ya know? But the price is minimal, jus sayin.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
More on water acquisition as I prolly should add a couple more things........

<<<<<-----------------------take it frum a koon!

You want to carry your own hose made frum plastic thats safe for human potable water use; you'll find one at a an RV place like Camper's World , walmart generally has them too and other places and you can order on line. They come in different lengths, I have a 25 foot long one. I think 10' is a lil short as sometimes I can't get the truck that close to a faucet and a 50 foot length is just tooo much to deal with for storage in my truck. I have a funnel, too that I've used on occasion to fill my 20 gallon tank when I just can't get with in 25' of the faucet AND I'm basically out of water and not near another source, so absolutely need a fil up.

My 2 water jugs together hold about 10 gallons (3 gallon & 7 gallon) and my mentioned 20 gallon tank thats on top of my truck. I also have my solar shower that holds 5 gallons. So topped off completely 35 gallons. I don't need 5 gallons of water to shower so generally can get 2 showers from the solar shower - sun/warmth permitting......... Depending on how high maintenance you are and how many of you there are will determine your water needs. I'm not high maintence so I can make 35 gallons of water last quite awhile but hey if you're a couple and one or both of you just has to bathe and wash your effing hair every day complete with conditioner? Maybe you'll need to adjust your lifestyle; jus sayin...........

Using the funnel & 3 gallon jug to fill the 20 gal tank on top of my truck is a pain in the ass but hey If you gotta do it then you gotta do it. I'm looking at 7 trips up & down the ladder carrying about 25 pounds of water each trip; but the upside is its a good exercise work out and I've got all effing day to do it!
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
341 Posts
As far as the stretches of time where you have to sleep in your car, how do you maintain a low profile? How also do you eat? Do you dine at restaurants or bring easily preparable food? The koon has some survival skills!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
As far as the stretches of time where you have to sleep in your car, how do you maintain a low profile? How also do you eat? Do you dine at restaurants or bring easily preparable food? The koon has some survival skills!

<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a koon!

First off I NEVER eat in restaurants; don't trust the food, don't want the people around me when I eat and its way to expensive AND now with covid they're all basically closed anyways! Haha

Yeah I make prepare my own food generally at least reasonably healthy stuff and i have a 45qt. Refrigerator in the truck rarely cook/heat anything......... just EAT!

AS far as keeping a low profile? there's lotsa places in Murahka to get away frum it all but when you gotta be where the people are - cities/communities, etc the Philosophy is to go "STEALTH". Vehicle Stealth living is covered in this thread in a couple spots someplace and you can google it as well as tons of shit will come up about it annd lots peeps have made you tube vids on it as well.

Reactions: MonarK

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Left Mississippi several days back after hangin in the Gulfport Beach area for a couple days and drove on into Florida. Had a nice time for the first couple days but...... , covid has made me alter my Beach Hoppin Lovin Lifestyle as since my arrival back into the Florida Panhandle all the Beachs are totally shut down, completely closed and Off Limits. :sad:

<<<<<<<---------------------take it frum a koon!

Took these 2 piks near Pensacola Beach area and they are typical:

IMG_0705.jpg IMG_0704.jpg

There's not much reason to hang near the coast if I can't enjoy hangin at The Beach so I've moved inland to partake of some beautiful North Florida scenic wilderness forests, etc. and thats were I'll now "reside" for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
341 Posts
There's not much reason to hang near the coast if I can't enjoy hangin at The Beach so I've moved inland to partake of some beautiful North Florida scenic wilderness forests, etc. and thats were I'll now "reside" for the foreseeable future.
They have quite the gator and snake situation there; how will the koon manage?

81 - 100 of 112 Posts