Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..But I'm not entirely sure if he is.

I think I picked that up based on what I've read online about INFJ's and how INFJ's appear to act.

Okay here are some traits about him that I knew of many years ago:

• He likes to daydream about being a savior a lot when he's bored, he even dreams of saving his own mom (lol!) :crazy:
  • He is trustworthy and can be very reliable but those traits about him are easily overlooked because he tends to be quiet about his strongest opinions
  • Whenever he has had nightmares, he talks about them in a calm matter of fact manner but I can tell he thinks about them
  • He usually has more to say but can't find the right words
  • At times he has trouble standing up for himself, but he hates to see people he care about unfairly treated
  • He seems a bit slow but he can be very intuitive; like he can sense it quickly if I'm interested in another guy (ah!)
Does he sound INFJ?

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
..But I'm not entirely sure if he is.

I think I picked that up based on what I've read online about INFJ's and how INFJ's appear to act.

Okay here are some traits about him that I knew of many years ago:

• He likes to daydream about being a savior a lot when he's bored, he even dreams of saving his own mom (lol!) :crazy:
  • He is trustworthy and can be very reliable but those traits about him are easily overlooked because he tends to be quiet about his strongest opinions
  • Whenever he has had nightmares, he talks about them in a calm matter of fact manner but I can tell he thinks about them
  • He usually has more to say but can't find the right words
  • At times he has trouble standing up for himself, but he hates to see people he care about unfairly treated
  • He seems a bit slow but he can be very intuitive; like he can sense it quickly if I'm interested in another guy (ah!)
Does he sound INFJ?
"INFJ's appear to act"~~I love it! Said just right! :happy:

Yes, ma'm, I would say you are quite right given what you have said about your ex-boyfriend.

You are very intuitive yourself! :happy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one! I remember during the initial parts of our relationship, once I sent him a very long poem. He's not that good in writing or reading poetry like me, but somehow he was like,'' when you sent it to me, I feel that you really love me and it melts my heart.''

I also remember on our first date during the first half of the night he didn't look at my face that much :confused: At first I wondered if something was wrong, but it turns out he was shy.

Is that INFJ'ish? :crazy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are INFJ's the type who tends to get taken granted for the most? If so my ex is INFJ :sad:

He seems to be unappreciated and overlooked very easily, because although he is not expressive enough, he is often the seemingly calm rock in the middle of all the drama.

And you know us INFP's..We tend to be a lot harder on ourselves, some of our pains might be imaginary and self inflicted by insecurities, although some of our other pains are real..Aha..Can you imagine what a storm of a relationship we must've had during our very early youth?:sad:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I'm not entirely sure your ex is an INFJ...

Although having strong opinions, having a secret desire to save those in need, and being reserved are three pretty strong indicators.

He seems to have been very Ni focused. I can see why you would have been hurting in the early relationship... because to share himself, he would have to overcome his reservations and his Ni.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Are INFJ's the type who tends to get taken granted for the most? If so my ex is INFJ :sad:

He seems to be unappreciated and overlooked very easily, because although he is not expressive enough, he is often the seemingly calm rock in the middle of all the drama.

And you know us INFP's..We tend to be a lot harder on ourselves, some of our pains might be imaginary and self inflicted by insecurities, although some of our other pains are real..Aha..Can you imagine what a storm of a relationship we must've had during our very early youth?:sad:
Sounds INFJ-like but difficult to tell. "taken for granted" - INFJs are known to keep a low profile but so would other introverted feelers. ISFJs are similar to us in this respect.

That he was not expressive of his feelings in ways of writing poems etc. well you see for us INFJs our feeling function is extraverted, which means we tend to develop most feeling when we are in company with other people. INFP feeling function is introverted so you will develop most feelings when you are alone, then you can write a poem to your loved one to express your feelings. But this is not how it works for INFJ - when alone we start thinking more and feeling less, then when we are with people we feel more - hence he wasn't writing poems, but he expressed his feeling and gratitude to you when you two were together. This doesn't mean he is INFJ but he does sound like somebody who uses extraverted feeling Fe as one of his functions.

·
Registered
409 Posts
  • He usually has more to say but can't find the right words ( YES!)
Does he sound INFJ?
Yes, and the intuitive part makes me think he is INFJ as opposed to ISFJ.
Funny, my first love was an INFP, and although we dated, the feelings were only on my side:frustrating:

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
Anyone can be shy (fear of something)...even extroverts. INFJ's are introverted...so, with that said, an INFJ being introverted, as well as, shy makes for a timid, quieter and more reserved person. Age of a person can play a role in how they act, as well. With age comes experience. Then there is this to think about: some people mature quicker than others. With all this said, I still say that your ex is INFJ given the information you have thus far given.

Reactions: Raichan
1 - 10 of 10 Posts