Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Mature Sage
6,203 Posts
Surprised to not see more sages tbh. INTP and sage seem to go hand in hand.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
939 Posts
Warrior
Overcomes obstacles. Wants to win.

When everything seems lost the Warrior rides over the hill and saves the day. Tough and courageous, this archetype helps us set and achieve goals, overcome obstacles, and persist in difficult times, although it also tends to see others as enemies and to think in either/or terms. The Warrior is relatively simple in their thought patterns, seeking simply to win whatever confronts them, including the dragons that live inside the mind and their underlying fear of weakness. Their challenge is to bring meaning to what they do, perhaps choosing their battles wisely, which they do using courage and the warrior's discipline.

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
16,577 Posts
The Creator archetype fosters all imaginative endeavors, from the highest art to the smallest innovation in lifestyle or work. Adverse to stasis, it can cause us to overload our lives with constant new projects; yet, properly channeled, it helps us express ourselves in beautiful ways. Creators, fearing that all is an illusion, seek to prove reality outside of their minds. A critical part of their quest is in finding and accepting themselves, discovering their true identity in relation to the external world.

Seems to me that my scores were similarly high for Sage and Seeker with many others close behind.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
6,008 Posts
Sage
Seeks the truth.

The Sage archetype seeks the truths that will set us free. Especially if the Sage overcomes the temptation of dogma, it can help us become wise, to see the world and ourselves objectively, and to course-correct based on objective analyses of the results of our actions and choices. The Sage is a seeker after truth and enlightenment and journeys far in search of the next golden nugget of knowledge. The danger for the sage and their deep fear is that their hard-won wisdom is built on the sand of falsehood. Their best hope is that they play from a position of objective honesty and learn to see with a clarity that knows truth and untruth.

·
Registered
8w9 sp/sx
30 Posts
Warrior.

Maybe don't take this test right after working out lol

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Registered
Mature Sage
6,203 Posts
I don't remember what it put me the first time around, but this time, I tested as Magician. Interesting.
The Magician archetype searches out the fundamental laws of science and/or metaphysics to understand how to transform situations, influence people, and make visions into realities. If the Magician can overcome the temptation to use power manipulatively, it galvanizes energies for good. The Magician's quest is not to 'do magic' but to transform or change something or someone in some way. The Magician has significant power and as such may be feared. They may also fear themselves and their potential to do harm. Perhaps their ultimate goal is to transform themselves, achieving a higher plane of existence.
So the tally of the top 5 are:
Magician --29
Creator --26
Sage --26
Seeker --26
King --25

·
Registered
24,372 Posts
The submit button never showed for me so I guess... the inept?? ._.

Reactions: cellarheat

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sage at 27
The Sage archetype seeks the truths that will set us free. Especially if the Sage overcomes the temptation of dogma, it can help us become wise, to see the world and ourselves objectively, and to course-correct based on objective analyses of the results of our actions and choices. The Sage is a seeker after truth and enlightenment and journeys far in search of the next golden nugget of knowledge. The danger for the sage and their deep fear is that their hard-won wisdom is built on the sand of falsehood. Their best hope is that they play from a position of objective honesty and learn to see with a clarity that knows truth and untruth.
I feel comfortable with that, and somewhat how my brain seems to work and spend most of its leisure time on.

Second was Caregiver at 22
Which surprises me. Don't think anyone I know would label me that lol. But I guess staying away from people often feels like it's the best I can do for them. Which is caregiving in thought I guess in circumstances/worldview a bit skewed from the normal, but not very caregiving in practice.

3rd is Seeker, Magician, and Fool at 19.

My lowest was Innocent, and Lover at 14.

The statistics for INTP's:

Most personalities top at caregiver with 10 personalities having that as top archetype, followed by seeker with 3 personalities, third is king with 2 personalities, and entp is alone at topping with fool.
No other are arechetypes top any personalitytype.

·
Registered
33 Posts
king, seeker

·
Premium Member
15,283 Posts
The Innocent

Every era has myths of a golden age or of a promised land where life has been or will be perfect. The promise of the Innocent is that life need not be hard. Within each of us, the Innocent is the spontaneous, trusting child that, while a bit dependent, has the optimism to take the journey. The Innocent, fearing abandonment, seeks safety. Their greatest strength is the trust and optimism that endears them to others and so gain help and support on their quest. Their main danger is that they may be blind to their obvious weaknesses or perhaps deny them. They can also become dependent on others to fulfill their heroic tasks.

·
Registered
ISFJ
5,197 Posts
Lover
Follows his bliss.

The Lover archetype governs all kinds of love—from parental love, to friendship, to spiritual love—but we know it best in romance. Although it can bring all sorts of heartache and drama, it helps us experience pleasure, achieve intimacy, make commitments, and follow our bliss. The Lover seeks the bliss of true love and the syzygy of the divine couple. They often show the passion that they seek in a relationship in their energy and commitment to gaining the reciprocal love of another. They fear both being alone and losing the love that they have gained, driving them to constantly sustain their love relationships.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts