Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

When I'm around an Extraverts, I usually don't say anything at all, but I talk alot around Introverts. The reason is because I feel that there need to be a "balance" between a talker and a listener.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To understand humans and their behavior as individual and also as a whole. I want to understand the factors that will result in someone becoming who they are, like their views on life, mentality, decision making, behavior, and their most common mood like are they most of the time happy or always hotheaded.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you
feel that way.

I feel that way when everything in life seem to be going good and everyone is happy and at peace.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When there's something I should know or do, but can't. Also when people expect more from me than I really can give them. In other words: when I'm not accepted for who I am.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

A combination between how I and others feel. I take others opinions and put it with mines to come up with the more desirable solution.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

No: part of the excitement is not knowing the outcome until the very end.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have fun doing new things with my wife. I remember the comments she would make about them. I like playing and joking with my wife, but sometimes I can be too much to the point she gets irritated.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Hands on 100%, I must touch it to the point I can taste it with my fingers. I can even hear colors.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Organized enough.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I accept almost all new ideas because it's not like I can prove it false. Besides, who am I to tell them its wrong to think that way? I believe anything is possible.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find it when everyones happy while I can still be myself. I love knowing that others are happy and at peace also.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Sometimes one-on-one, sometimes group discussions. There's really no preference, because I like to listen to what people have to say. I can be really talkative when I'm with someone who I connect with emotionally.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I jump just to see where I would land.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends: where's the "night out" at??

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Angry, I don't see any reason to hide it. The sooner it is known, the faster we can resolved it, rather than holding it in and nothing is solved. I confront the person because I would love to talk it out with them and come to an conclusion. I want to know their feelings about it also, not just mines.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Judgemental, cocky, cold hearted, mean, etc. It makes me feel uncomfortable being around them to the point I distance myself from them.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I love getting to know people and their life.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Negativity (I try to run as quickly as possible away from it). I'm so optimistic to the point negative people irritates me, I only want to be in stress-free environment.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My wife (which is my only friend) sees me as someone who's nice or generous and likes to give more than take. she would say I don't have leadership skills but I am a great adviser and know what to do when someone is feeling sad. There's nothing wrong with what she thinks about me. I think my wife would never say that I would do something cold hearted or intentionally mean.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I like to play video games and spend time with my wife. I would spend 24/7 with her if I could.

Other things I think should be known is that it takes me 5 minutes to determine how a person is inside out. I pay attention to how they talk, face reactions, vocab words, body language and combine them with my "gut feeling". I can sometimes even tell how they life was in the past and tell how their life will be in the future (if they stay the same).
There are also times when I feel like there's a "beast" inside of me locked in a cage, trying to get out. But when I let it out finally, I feel a rush of energy in me to the point I can become over-hyper.

Please tell me what you think my type is and also function and please tell me why you think I'm that type or have that function.

Thank you

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Seem like an ISFP. Definitely strong Se type.

You also seem to have a preference for Ni (gut feelings) but you aren't necessarily as suspicious of these gut instincts (or dont come across that way) so that makes me lean away from ESTP or ESFP. I'm thinking you have some inferior-Te going on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts