Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all - thank you in advance. Ill try to be short and clear about this.
My mother was typed as an ISFJ and that seemed correct for her but looking more further i am not very sure about her being an Fe user or primarily feeler at all. So ill try to do this form to describe her and u will might tell me what do you think :) feel free to comment no matter what and suggest no matter what. Thank you :)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Well ISFJ uses Fe and Ti, ISTJ uses Te and Fi. My mother is pretty much rational and down to earth person, knows what she wants and sticks to her believes. She is very sure of them and likes to say how the best is to be avarage and normal. Also she likes to do things on time - solve the most important parts of the assigment and do the necessary at once.
Why i don't think she is a feeler? Feelings are not smth she understands well and often interprets wrongly the situation, often she feels attacked and doesn't read very well intentions of others. I'm an introverted feeler and she hardly understands why would i go with it and thinks of it as irrational chioce.
She often doesn't show her emotions, telling how no one knows how she feels, and she collects bad moods and can't reveal much to people about them.
She is a giving person but she doesn't seem to be very bright emotionally and has problems understanding the depth of emotions. For her even love sometimes seems to be rational chioce. Grounded decisions are what she does best.
My grandmother is an ESFJ for example and she understands me completely in emotional moments while my mother seems to not get it at all. She tries all right but fails to understands emotional decisions and reactions. whiel Grandmother is exactly the opposite. She is also common sense person but weights more on emotions then my mother.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Never had big expectations in life, for fame of smth like that. Always aware of where she stands, with two feets both firmly on teh ground, she always did the most practical. She does yearns for general correctness and doing things right, fullfilled obligations.
In general i always thinks he said she wanted and avarage life, usual things.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I think it's when she remembers past things. She has the best smiles when remembering. Music also is one of thous things that lifts her spirit up and livign ti through the moment. But she never highlights events - things often seem very "flat" with her.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I think when someone is trying to run her life for her. She is annoyed by it. Also pushy people messing with her own business.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

What weights on her the decicions is what is the most standard thing to do. The most solid option. The one that is common sense and makes sense. She is aware fo how she feels about things herself but her decisions are made based on objective facts and the most practical and reasonable option. She stands behind her attitudes firmly and that is all correct for her, firm ground.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

She wants tod o things on time, start right away to finish things so she doesn't have to worry about them. Finish the task and be in peace.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I'm sry to say this - i'm nto saying it for her life now, she was talking about he rlife before. She is not very fun oriented person. She tends to be rather serious and my father often said she always was even when younger.
Her fun is more of a process and it's oriented on some longer period of time. But there was never smth sooo thrilling, again...it all seems so flat with her.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

To memorize and hands on.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Very very very organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

she always questions things, do they make sense whould be the answer.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
making sure she follows what she believes in and to be herself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think, think, think...then speaks - nto very talkative or loud at all.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Yeah actions speak mro ethen words to her, but she is careful about what she is getting into to.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends. But she usually takes facts into consideration, why yes and why not and then decides. She wouldn't midn eather way really.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Paaanic. Snaps out, nervous - seems liek she was gathering emotions for two years and now does the hurricane.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Pretending, silly, not very down to earth, messy, random, not paying attention to rules and regulations, gossiping instead of doing their job. That's what bugs her abotu her colleges at work at least.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

she likes to talk about the most usual things actually. The common life, people around her, maybe literature. But it hink it's not abotu subject with her - it's about the person with who she is talking to.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

unrealistic.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I think no one would ever said how firm person she is and it's hardly recognizeable what she is thinking about, nto very epressive so i have no idea.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Probably walking alone in nature, read and believe it or not she would probably the most willingly decide to go and do smth about obligatiosn she has. Doesn't really lives without them (not even when younger).

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Most of your answers suggest Te-Fi, but I think you know that already

1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of your answers suggest Te-Fi, but I think you know that already
I do, but i don't wanna jump to conclusions. Many test and each she solved turned out to be ISFJ. It's might that i don't see her emotional side if she has one. But i still stand behind the what i said...i don't think she is very well in understanding how people feel, she needs a lot of training to do that and it's often a situation when i have to remind her to think with her heart for a bit. :) So she doesn't seem liek she prefers some feeling function over thinkign function.
but also it is often said that ISFJs are often judged in a wrong way and their emotionality is not that obvious :/
Don't wanna jump to conclusions but she is more of an Fi user then Fe user in general. So i figured ISTJ maybe has more sense.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
How does she react if someone hurts her feelings?

1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does she react if someone hurts her feelings?
You can't see very well on her wether she is hurt or not. She usually doesn't get strongly hurt but if her attitudes towards life are in the question she often just says "oh well, no one understands this well, let's change the subject" and stays firmly with her point of view.
If someone hurts her she often says "why no one can't see how i feel?" and that often happens when she gathers feelings through few moths and then blows up.
Often she has a line like "i am doing everything and now one can see how am i doing"
But my mother doesn't take many things personally, there are not many things that you can say that would actually hurt her.
And she is very task oriented from time to time. I cna often see for example she feels bad but all she talks about is what she has to do and not about how she feels about it. Usually because she has a very strong feeling for right and wrong and what is regular and what isn't. Also very strong instinct for rules, so that's why she usually puts obligations in front of feelings.

This will sound funny actually but when someone tells her "i feel bad, i missed my classes cuz i was feeling down" she wouldn't ask you "how does it makes you feel? are you ok?" she would ask you "will that effect your carrer?" - wrong emphasis if you ask me.
Tasks go in front of everything.
I'm not saying she is cold person, but in very rare moments you can see her emotions and that is two times a year when they gather inside of her. For the rest of the time she is closed up in her own boundries and thoughts of how life should work and sticks to her rules and guidelines in life.
You can't really say she gets hurt very often or at least it is nto smth you can easily see on her since she rarely expresses it.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Yes, I would still go with Te-Fi

Reactions: JungyesMBTIno
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I would still go with Te-Fi
most thankful for your opinion - i hope i really did described everything how i see it but also how it really is :)
guess my mum is ISTJ after all

Reactions: Kynx
1 - 7 of 7 Posts