Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola personalitycafe. I have a pretty twisted story, feel free to read and interject, I could really use it...

To cut a never ending story short, I give you my present day situation.
I'm 19 (INTJ) living with my grandparents for about 15 years (both ENTJ/EN),
and I'm about to go crazy.

Next fall will be my second year at a local University. No major plans yet, I'm just doing a lot of pre- stuff to get ready for my transfer to state university.
I don't have many friends at the moment, but I'm really a loner either. I like smaller groups of close friends better (intj), but they all end up leaving or moving away somehow, and I always have to start back from scratch. Right now my best friend is my girlfriend of one year, who is two+ years younger than me, and twice as mature. (lol)

Besides my arrogant asshole uncle, I'm the only one in my family to go to college for a degree. Did I mention I'm going to school 100% from financial aid? I think if you combine my parents and my grandparents yearly income, it would be close to 25,000. That should give a little insight on ow fucked my family is.

Anyway, I'm just really bored, pretty lonely, and a little depressed, and would like to discuss things with people to make sure I'm not actually crazy here.

So, how's it goin' aye? :bored:

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Steve and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Steve. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
Allow the warm fuzzy feeling that is PerC to permeate your INTJ body. :happy:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huh?

i have this feeling... that i can do anything i want in life. like being an astronaut is still an option. i have this feeling that with the computer revolution, there will be a massive social and economic shift, and i don't think many people notice it. i have this feeling that if i play the game smart, i can get out where i want to, and not have to live the same meaningless life the rest of my family has. but i need help...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think I may have started on the wrong foot. What do you guys talk about here?
I like the foot you started on! Much more open then mine was.

That's so exciting that your going to college! Have you found any areas that you think you might want to major in yet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the foot you started on! Much more open then mine was.

That's so exciting that your going to college! Have you found any areas that you think you might want to major in yet?
I'm interested in a lot of areas, but I feel my mind pulling me towards psychology. I really have no idea. :/

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm interested in a lot of areas, but I feel my mind pulling me towards psychology. I really have no idea. :/
Psychology would be pretty cool to study. And I suppose joining a forum dedicated to personality types is a pretty good indicator that you enjoyed the subject of human behavior :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Psychology would be pretty cool to study. And I suppose joining a forum dedicated to personality types is a pretty good indicator that you enjoyed the subject of human behavior :)
Right, well like I said my childhood has been pretty complicated. I've made it a simple responsibility of mine to figure out what the hell is actually going on around me. I've come to find that I may have rather not known the truth. But It's made me strong on the inside and the outside. Plus, I've grown up around lots of old people.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Interesting story indeed! Hopefully you will find some more stable relationships here to counteract any depression :happy:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting story indeed! Hopefully you will find some more stable relationships here to counteract any depression :happy:
Story? That wasn't a story... that was a prologue, the inside flap of a book. I have a relationship now with a girl and it's working fantastically. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Welcome Steve!
Intriguing prologue. All I can say is life is life.. Whatever happens to you just happens, but what you choose to take from it, is who you become.
It's all about outlook. If you have a positive outlook, you will attract positive things, and vice versa!
(I've been in similar situations and worse.. just so you know I'm not speaking out of my a** here)

Welcome again! :happy:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome Steve!
Intriguing prologue. All I can say is life is life.. Whatever happens to you just happens, but what you choose to take from it, is who you become.
It's all about outlook. If you have a positive outlook, you will attract positive things, and vice versa!
(I've been in similar situations and worse.. just so you know I'm not speaking out of my a** here)

Welcome again! :happy:
Thank you broseph, appreciated. But really, what do you guys talk about on here? I've noticed a lot of threads about what pissed INTJ off, what music ENTJ likes, stuff like that. But where's the meaty stuff my friends? we have a collaboration of arguably the spectrum's smartest minds, what do you guys discuss that's important to our world?

Also, my outlook from an inside point of view is rather negative. It seems this valley that I've spent my childhood days in has cast a shadow of remorse over me, however my outlook of the future is very promising. I just.. need.. to get out... :frustrating:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts