Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...is either:
a) inferior
b) very affected by Fe-Se loop
c) not there

What do you guys think?
@hoopla, you might be interested in this
@alittlebear, your thread inspired me, all you NJs are making my head spin XD
@shinynotshiny, I know we never talked much but as a Ni dom participating in above-mentioned thread you're an important part of this.So, can bunch of NJs discussing something make ENFJs head spin?
@Oswin, just letting you know

Anyone else who knows me well enough is welcome of course :)

Btw,I think I'm gonna fill out another quick questionnaire later

EDIT: Here's the questionnaire:

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.Female, soon to be 20, currently bored, might be rushing with my answers but then again, I'm always rushing everything

1. Click on this link:*Flickr: Explore!*Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.I went through all 21 pages and couldn't find what I was looking for, don't have any idea what I was looking for, to be honest.Something that would really pull me in or really mean something or be amazingly beautiful or cute. But I obviously haven't found it.
I'm not a very visual person like that, I don't simply enjoy looking at things and nothing really reminds me of anything like some people get all "OMG a kid, that reminds me, once we were on holiday when I was 5 and..." You know what I mean
I also don't like sunsets, I can like them in some situations but the focus is on rest of the situation, you know?
Or smelling the flowers
Although I really like nice body lotions. But that's smell+beauty of how it makes me smell to others.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Just call someone to fix the car or drive us to the concert, it's important we get there, we can think about other things later.I'd probably try to calm down the people but also show them just how important it is we get to that concert,because I know some who'd definitely focus on their car's well-being more than anything which is imo wrong in this situation

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?Tbh the driver drinking would not be my concern(always surprises me how it's the first thing mentioned here), I'm not exactly a safety oriented person:laughing:
I'd definitely wanna go
But honestly...I'd be a bit not too happy about someone else wanting to go. I like to be the one giving ideas, the one persuading people :th_blush:
I don't like going to parties with people whose idea of fun is to go to parties :th_blush:
But this is probably too much info :p
So yeah,I'd definitely go and have fun and probably not even go home with my friends XD

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?I assume most talking after a party is done in not too clear state of mind? XD
Anyway,it really depends on who it is and what kind of claim it is.
If it'sjust some crap about feminism or abortion or whatever I wouldn't care much,let them live in denial for tonight because I don't want them to ruin the mood but if they personally attacked someone I'd attack them,physically if necessary, that would make for a fun story! :D
But generally I wouldn't want the night to end in people discussing any sort of beliefs

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Roll my eyes in hope the one doing it notices my disapproval (unless I can do more than that), maybe come to internet and vent or go find people on the internet doing or supporting what I saw and tell them exactly how I feel about it.I'd ofc try to understand why they did or said it but honestly the chances are I probably understand it from the start but still don't approve of it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I value:
influence,as in I pride myself in being able to influence people and I think it's a very important trait in everything anyone can do
not being envious and hateful out of envy/jealousy,being objective in such situations and not losing your dignity by dissing someone just because they're a threat to you
politeness, having good manners and not just saying whatever's on your mind all the time
just basic goodness in people, and no inflated ego and self-importance, I appreciate that
desire to improve as opposed to accept (sorry if I'm offending anyone but things like "fat acceptance" and 200 pound girls bitching about designers not making cute bikinis in their size is such a good representation of what I hate)
accepting responsibility instead of blaming others, especially "society",media,McDonald's,whatever

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?a) Someone called me an "enigma" or something similar here a while ago and I have to agree XD
I have an odd combination of traits ,maybe?
I think I just tend to see what matters and what doesn't as well as unconventional ways to reach some goals and that might confuse people about what motivates me, I think many people get stuck on thinking about how to achieve something and forget about what they're actually trying to achieve.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?I don't have those Harry Potter-esque impulsive moments some would call "hunches"
For me gut feeling is more like "I'm really convinced this person is an INFP,but I don't have good words to explain why" and things like that. Like,I'm truly certain but the reason for me being so certain lies in something that's not obvious and therefore it's hard to explain.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) eating, being around many people, conflict, music, being up after 2 am, being in a different environment from usual
b) thinking really,really hard,talking to boring people as well as most one on one conversations, waiting, college(and that's why I quit :p), too much peace and quiet

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I honestly don't know.If you asked me a year ago when I was very miserable I'd written a novel about this but now that I'm back to (my) normal I really don't know. Like,of course, I control myself, I do socially appropriate things and avoid inappropriate ones, I go out of my way to make certain people happy, I eat 1 cookie instead of 10 but that's nothing to complain about. Worth mentioning though.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I will comment to subscribe. :) I would like to truly see what your type is, @Living dead. Not sure how much I can be of a help,mbut I will be here to try to be of any help I may.

Reactions: Darkbloom

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
I haven't talked to you much, but I think it would be fun to at least type you. Since I don't know you, hopefully the others will have a more valid guess. I actually get ESFJ vibes from you, primarily because you seem to function through social norm, however, this isn't an indicator for Si sometimes. But, when you fill out the questionnaire later, I can look and see more clearly :).

Good luck.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm interested as well. :) And you've been kind enough to help with my typing as well, so it seems fair that I'd offer any assistance I can. I've seen you around too, so I'll try to think of what might relate, once you provide a bit more information and thoughts of your current doubts.

a) ESTP then?? or ESFP which would change Fe to Fi as well?

In that case, in addition to having trouble with finding Ni, can you relate to having more Ti and Se than previously thought?

Though I'm maybe not the best in finding Ni, with trouble defining what mine (tertiary) is about. Sometimes I realize where and what it is now, but then I'm completely at loss and feel like I should have stronger Ne instead of Ni. But yeah, that's probably the tertiary thing.

Edit: lol just commenting when you posted. :tongue: And I'll look through your questionnaire tomorrow (or later because I'll be away for a bit then) as it's getting late here.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Seems like either ENFJ or ESTP, I think. You seem to have a lot of Fe and Se, I'm just not sure which is winning out overall. Maybe more Se, actually, but not too much obvious Ti (it wouldn't be obvious though, as it's an introverted funtion...).

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Seems like either ENFJ or ESTP, I think. You seem to have a lot of Fe and Se, I'm just not sure which is winning out overall. Maybe more Se, actually, but not too much obvious Ti (it wouldn't be obvious though, as it's an introverted funtion...).
Considering option b I see :p

I personally feel my Se is mostly about those shameful parts of my questionnaire followed by :th_blush:
It's like, more about playing the role of some sort of energizer, being the fun person, but at the same time it would be wrong to say it's just that(part of me would like to think that,though) ,lots of Se looking things energize me
I just don't know if I feel like a Se dom. I'm very picky, very picky about what I want to experience and the way I see experiences

Edit: Also, I realize this is very stereotypical but I personally never drink to get drunk, like, as an experience or to forget about things, never.
I do, however, act drunk-ish around drunk people XD
I actually act a bit drunk often:laughing:
But I never actually drink or just do things for the sake of experience and fun,which seems non-ESxP but I could be wrong

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Honestly; I feel like you're a Fe-dom but I can't explain exactly why. Well, some things on your questionnaire seemed to point at inferior Ti...unless it was just auxiliary Ti poking out?
However, unless you do use the Si-Ne axis that would make you ENFJ and we'll have to track down some Ni.
If you're totally alone, let's say you're (peaceably) locked in a house for 3 weeks, what do you do?

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Hm.

Hmm.

Hmmm!

I'm thinking about the possibility of Se-dom, although I think Fe-dom also fits. Fe and Se:

Although I really like nice body lotions. But that's smell+beauty of how it makes me smell to others.
I know some who'd definitely focus on their car's well-being more than anything which is imo wrong in this situation
I'm not exactly a safety oriented person
I like to be the one giving ideas, the one persuading people
I'd definitely go and have fun and probably not even go home with my friends
if they personally attacked someone I'd attack them,physically if necessary, that would make for a fun story! :D
I pride myself in being able to influence people and I think it's a very important trait in everything anyone can do
eating, being around many people, conflict, music, being up after 2 am, being in a different environment from usual
I don't get a strong sense of Ni, although I hesitate to say I'm good at spotting Ni because it's one of those functions :p

I kind of lean ESTP. I wonder how strongly @alittlebear relates to your answers.

·
Registered
456 Posts
@Living dead I'm pretty settled on ISFP for now. It's good to hear you still see me as that too. What I meant is that I also have some trouble understanding and finding Ni, but maybe because it's in tertiary position, which is a bit of a weird position anyway in my opinion. I recognize it sometimes, but then am confused about it again. :laughing:

1. Click on this link:*Flickr: Explore!*Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.I went through all 21 pages and couldn't find what I was looking for, don't have any idea what I was looking for, to be honest.Something that would really pull me in or really mean something or be amazingly beautiful or cute. But I obviously haven't found it.
I'm not a very visual person like that, I don't simply enjoy looking at things and nothing really reminds me of anything like some people get all "OMG a kid, that reminds me, once we were on holiday when I was 5 and..." You know what I mean
I also don't like sunsets, I can like them in some situations but the focus is on rest of the situation, you know?
Or smelling the flowers
Lol! I loved your reply here. Most would probably have just picked any photo. The first or something, like the question says. You on the other hand pick and choose without choosing any in the end. I don't know if it's indicative of something or not. I would say it's not that indicative of intuition at least, maybe more of a judging function in the end. But I'd say a bit more Se from percieving functions, but quickly turning to judging.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?Tbh the driver drinking would not be my concern(always surprises me how it's the first thing mentioned here), I'm not exactly a safety oriented person
I'd definitely wanna go
But honestly...I'd be a bit not too happy about someone else wanting to go. I like to be the one giving ideas, the one persuading people
I don't like going to parties with people whose idea of fun is to go to parties
But this is probably too much info :p
So yeah,I'd definitely go and have fun and probably not even go home with my friends XD
Unsure about MBTI here, but I have to say that this strikes me somehow as 2w3 as some other things you're saying here. (I know you're still thinking about enneagram too. Oh and maybe 9w8 fix from the next couple of questions). But you sound here and tend to sound in general too pretty decisive. Sometimes that's something that's said about Se or Te.

I'm not going to comment on every question separately (don't have the time at the moment for one thing). I don't really know what to say about each and everyone anyway. I think you're an image type, possibly 2w3 in enneagram and that might strenghten the feel of Fe in you. But I'm not saying that you couldn't be ENFJ still. I can however also see ESTP, especially as I can see Se in your answers. But I really have trouble saying Ni or Ti. Right now I feel more ESTP tough. You have a sort of matter of fact tone in your writing often and I think that could come more from T than F too. But so far I look at dichotomies in typing that in the end I look more at the top functions as T vs F and so on than Fe vs Fi and now you're contemplating changing both of those middle letters, so I think that's quite a big change. So you should probably think about how you identified with each of the "letters" or dichotomies before and which ones have felt more unsure for longer. Can you see yourself having higher T and S functions than F and N functions. Somehow I could quite see F and S, but on the other hand I can't quite see ESFP for you.

I hope you got something out of that. :p

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly; I feel like you're a Fe-dom but I can't explain exactly why. Well, some things on your questionnaire seemed to point at inferior Ti...unless it was just auxiliary Ti poking out?
However, unless you do use the Si-Ne axis that would make you ENFJ and we'll have to track down some Ni.
If you're totally alone, let's say you're (peaceably) locked in a house for 3 weeks, what do you do?
Who am I with?
Do I have internet?
Ah,now I noticed,totally alone
So,I'd probably spend most my time on the internet,phone,etc. and just listening to music,try to sing maybe because I always wanted to be a singer and I never actually tried to sing,every time I want there's someone there.
But still,I'd just go insane because I'm kinda addicted to just going out.And I hope there's no (overly delicious) food in the house,if there is I'm gonna eat everything in first 2 days and then die.
And I guess I'd find some TV show to download and watch all of the episodes.
The problem with this situation is that I'd probably lose will to do anything at some point XD

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Who am I with?
Do I have internet?
Ah,now I noticed,totally alone
So,I'd probably spend most my time on the internet,phone,etc. and just listening to music,try to sing maybe because I always wanted to be a singer and I never actually tried to sing,every time I want there's someone there.
But still,I'd just go insane because I'm kinda addicted to just going out.And I hope there's no (overly delicious) food in the house,if there is I'm gonna eat everything in first 2 days and then die.
And I guess I'd find some TV show to download and watch all of the episodes.
The problem with this situation is that I'd probably lose will to do anything at some point XD
Hm, it's exactly what I would do...maybe it's exactly what anyone would do though) Bad question maybe) Not sure what else to ask...gosh.

Reactions: Darkbloom

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
pivot_turn said:
I'm not going to comment on every question separately (don't have the time at the moment for one thing). I don't really know what to say about each and everyone anyway. I think you're an image type, possibly 2w3 in enneagram and that might strenghten the feel of Fe in you. But I'm not saying that you couldn't be ENFJ still. I can however also see ESTP, especially as I can see Se in your answers. But I really have trouble saying Ni or Ti. Right now I feel more ESTP tough. You have a sort of matter of fact tone in your writing often and I think that could come more from T than F too. But so far I look at dichotomies in typing that in the end I look more at the top functions as T vs F and so on than Fe vs Fi and now you're contemplating changing both of those middle letters, so I think that's quite a big change. So you should probably think about how you identified with each of the "letters" or dichotomies before and which ones have felt more unsure for longer. Can you see yourself having higher T and S functions than F and N functions. Somehow I could quite see F and S, but on the other hand I can't quite see ESFP for you.*
You know,I thought about that,ESTP 2w3 is a thing,according to one person,especially self-preservation 2 which seems to be me,as strange as that sometimes sounds.

As far as letters go,I used to score xNTJ on tests which I'd mostly blame on my disintegration to 8, if that's what I have:laughing:
But looking at it more deeply I think I could be "sure" of J
I mean,not exactly sure,and I'm not exactly organized but I have this inability to improvise,to be spontaneous,to not control things,and when I look spontaneous there's 99% chance it's all been planned out before XD
A bad thing is that I tend to be a little blind to what I don't see coming and when I finally figure out it's actually happening I freak out
I used to think my N was certain(trust me,it's somewhere in there being invisible) but the more I look at it the more I see some xSFJs being quite N-ish and I'm sure some other sensors can be too
As for F and T,I really don't know,I think I T my F a lot as well as F my T,if that makes sense:laughing:
But I don't think I'm ESFP either,it's just...I don't know,can't identify what could be Te in me,things I thought could be Te are more like angry Fe :p
But I really,really feel Pi and it's killing me it's sooooo hard to show,for all I know everyone might be like that secretly

I did get something out of it,thank you :)

@shinynotshinythanks,I know it's difficult haha,it really is one of those functions,maybe even that function
Also interested in what @alittlebear thinks!

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hm, it's exactly what I would do...maybe it's exactly what anyone would do though) Bad question maybe) Not sure what else to ask...gosh.
I don't think anyone would do that,it definitely fits extroversion and possibly Fe
My INTP dad would like,just be in the house,reading,listening to music,doing some work from home(some computer crap :p).I don't think he'd need much phone and such.
My xNFP mom would be too happy to be left in peace lol,she'd mostly read and paint and all those creative things.But she'd need to talk to me :proud:
ISFJ grandma is mostly at home other than going to the store.No idea what she does when she doesn't cook and clean XD
She says she thinks a lot
ESTJ grandpa just watches lots of TV and solves puzzles.He does go a bit crazy without people.And he Ne's a lot,comes up with songs and stuff XD (but is that Ne-ing,I do it too? :unsure:)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
1. You've given an intuitive answer. You've spend a long time looking for the meaning of a picture and focused on that while finding the details of it irrelevant.

2. Being soothing is typical of FJ, yet not restricted to them, and also you seem to value the social objective (getting to the concert) higher than the individual objective (getting his car fixed) and you even look a bit down upon the "selfish" car-owner because he isn't seeing the bigger picture. I'd go FJ again here.

3. Inferior thinking... and a lot of extroversion here. Probably not Se-dom when you don't party to party. Like me you lack that skill.

4. Accepting and empathetic (feeler facets) and there is perhaps some intuition going on when you say that because others are drunk, they shouldn't be held too accountable for their words.

5. F, haha. Probably Fe dominant when you want to maintain harmony over ditching the jerk, but you still want to vent about it.

6. NF because you want to transform others.
Rational because your behaviour is so important a value.

7. NF. You have a big focus on overall values.

8. Well, if you get a lot of hunches it's probably Ni, but I can't say much from this.

9. Hm, that sounds more like inferior Ni. My ESTP brother gets a headache when he has to think too much about something important. ESPs also dislike to think too much about the future but like to do what they feel like right now, which is hard to do with the way college is structured today.
It might, however, also just be inferior thinking.

10. Cute. It just leads me to the conclusion that you're an ENFJ.

As for Ni; you do seem to look at the larger picture to figure out what brings out the best results, and that's the most distinct trait of FeNi.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
1. You've given an intuitive answer. You've spend a long time looking for the meaning of a picture and focused on that while finding the details of it irrelevant.

2. Being soothing is typical of FJ, yet not restricted to them, and also you seem to value the social objective (getting to the concert) higher than the individual objective (getting his car fixed) and you even look a bit down upon the "selfish" car-owner because he isn't seeing the bigger picture. I'd go FJ again here.

3. Inferior thinking... and a lot of extroversion here. Probably not Se-dom when you don't party to party. Like me you lack that skill.

4. Accepting and empathetic (feeler facets) and there is perhaps some intuition going on when you say that because others are drunk, they shouldn't be held too accountable for their words.

5. F, haha. Probably Fe dominant when you want to maintain harmony over ditching the jerk, but you still want to vent about it.

6. NF because you want to transform others.
Rational because your behaviour is so important a value.

7. NF. You have a big focus on overall values.

8. Well, if you get a lot of hunches it's probably Ni, but I can't say much from this.

9. Hm, that sounds more like inferior Ni. My ESTP brother gets a headache when he has to think too much about something important. ESPs also dislike to think too much about the future but like to do what they feel like right now, which is hard to do with the way college is structured today.
It might, however, also just be inferior thinking.

10. Cute. It just leads me to the conclusion that you're an ENFJ.

As for Ni; you do seem to look at the larger picture to figure out what brings out the best results, and that's the most distinct trait of FeNi.
1.Yeah,I normally just choose a picture too but...I don't know,it just feels like I'm making things up.

2.Actually I had my xNFP mother in mind when answering this one haha,she goes to xSTJ mode when stressed and is all what if this,what if that,how much it'll cost,blah,blah,blah and I'd be like "It is what it is,let's not ruin the night any further by thinking about the bad thing that already happened"

3. This is one of my big concerns with Se dom typing.Like,I "party" to be there talking to people and looking nice XD
I find dancing very unnatural too, people would think I'm unrelaxed and say "Do whatever feels natural" but for me not moving feels the most natural tbh and actually dancing is me being unrelaxed and doing what I have to do.

4.I don't know,but yeah,I always look at the whole situation like that.

5.It's not that I necessarily want to maintain harmony but just...I don't know.It really depends on a situation,I mostly keep my thoughts to myself if I know expressing them can't possibly change anything for the better and is very inappropriate at the same time,but I do need to vent.

6.,7. all clear

8.I get lots of the kind of hunches I described,like sense of "knowing"

9.Haha yeah,that's the most Se thing about me,I think,how "brainless" activities energize me the most.But it could be the loop :unsure:
I think a lot about the future though,but I just never saw college degree in my future. Like, at all.As a kid/teenager I pretended I did and for a while I was(at least could pass for) one of those stereotypical ENFJ valedictorian class president types,but I actually have zero interest in all that and I think I was a huge idiot who wasn't thinking about future when I tried to be that because I knew it was leading to nowhere (dad thought differently,still does)

Just clarification if anyone needs it :p
You mostly got it right though,so thanks!

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I haven't talked to you much, but I think it would be fun to at least type you. Since I don't know you, hopefully the others will have a more valid guess. I actually get ESFJ vibes from you, primarily because you seem to function through social norm, however, this isn't an indicator for Si sometimes. But, when you fill out the questionnaire later, I can look and see more clearly :).

Good luck.
There is no Si in this girl.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.