Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mentioned my twin INTJ sister plenty of times, but I've never brought up my older sister. I think she is for sure an IxxJ.

*She loves shopping and indulging herself - compulsive buyer, but not super materialistic.
*She's easily offended and doesn't always pick up on sarcasm.
*My INTJ sister gets frustrated w/ her easily, but she still seeks out the approval of my INTJ sister.
*When I offer to help her she mostly just ignores me and asks for my INTJ sister's help even though she never offered to give help or advice in the first place.
*She worries a lot - about grades, hair, and how other people perceive her.
*She never really asks for my opinion and ignores me a lot.
*She's very, very childish as well as naive in conversation.
*She's concerned about conforming to societal norms, being normal, and will accept anything as truth in order to meet other's standards.
*Although she's not as committed to it as my mother, she does feel obligated to share a belief in God & heaven. She expressed concern when my sister and I told her about us being atheists "Really? Why? reeeaally?"

edit: sorry gotta go somewhere I'll edit this w/ more

·
Registered
28 Posts
*She loves shopping and indulging herself - compulsive buyer, but not super materialistic.
This could be a lot of things, but it could be a manifestation of Se or Ne. You said she's not compulsive, so maybe Ne?

*She's easily offended and doesn't always pick up on sarcasm.
So a feeler, then, if this is correct. I know a lot of varying types that can't pick up sarcasm, so that means little to me right now.

*My INTJ sister gets frustrated w/ her easily, but she still seeks out the approval of my INTJ sister.
Fe, then? Your sister getting frustrated could be a lot of things, being lazy, being annoying, etc.

*When I offer to help her she mostly just ignores me and asks for my INTJ sister's help even though she never offered to give help or advice in the first place.
I know that feeling, sorry. She seems overly attached to your sister, so that could be Si.

*She worries a lot - about grades, hair, and how other people perceive her.
Fe, then.

*She never really asks for my opinion and ignores me a lot.
I'm not sure what this could be, motivations are important.

*She's very, very childish as well as naive in conversation.
Usually indicative of a bad, bad NF type, especially Fi, but could still be a lot of things.

*She's concerned about conforming to societal norms, being normal, and will accept anything as truth in order to meet other's standards.
Again, Fe.

*Although she's not as committed to it as my mother, she does feel obligated to share a belief in God & heaven. She expressed concern when my sister and I told her about us being atheists "Really? Why? reeeaally?"
Seems Fe.

My educated guess would be Fe dom, EXFJ, but I could almost see her as a Fi dom, IXFP, as well. Is she more concerned with ideas or is she rather focused on the past, or doing stuff she wants NOW, etc? EXFP. Is certainly a possibility as well.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Definitely a Fe user. I don't think there were any I vs E examples that you mentioned, but xNFJ is highly likely. A lot of those traits reminded me of myself. Second guess would be xSFJ.

·
Registered
202 Posts
An INTJ wouldn't get easily frustrated with another NJ.

If she really annoys your INTJ sister, I say she's gotta have some high S function.

Given the Fe, she's an xSFJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts