Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I first took one of these personality tests at, I think, 19, and my first result was INTJ, and as I was kind of more sociable around 20 it ended up as ENTJ, because I honestly found myself having different reactions to the questions. Now, I cut contact with a large number of people at 21, and I remember being shocked, having retried 5 times to check if it is accurate, that my result is apparently INTP. I took the test a few times around 22 and recently at 23, and yes, it is still INTP but now apparently with less of an inclination towards either P or J. This has caused me to wonder, if our personalities and reactions to things change as we grow older, and if maybe my personality is still developing over time. Even so, I noticed one constant among these variables, and that is NT. NT has remained constant and I find myself amused by that, but I don't know what this says about me, as in, am I always going to be an NT even as other things seem to change? Have any of you noticed variables such as this in tests you have taken over months or years?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well I heard that your personality type still developes till you're around 14. You are probably just in a different environment setting where you need to be more extroverted than usual causing you to think you were an entj because your mind set is more extroverted thinking at the time, the same goes for thinking you are an intj, if you were in university or collage at the time you would need to hand stuff in on time and use more of your judging function because of your environment leading you to believe you were intj. Of course I'm no expert so i can't say for sure, but it's probably due to the environment at the time that lead you to believe you were intj and entj.

·
Charge'n Thru The Night
14,832 Posts
when you are young, your personality are developing, also your do you lack the ability to truly grasp who you are as a person. a lot of things you think is part of your personality are just societal expectations. this one reason some P type test as J types because in structured environments, like school, work, people expect to be timely and orderly. the can be said for females testing for F over T, because they are expected to be more sensitive than male.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
It's got more to do with teenagers not being to accurately distinguish between their normal states and their stress/shadow states. Your posts came across as intp right away, I'm somewhat used to that vibe. I've always tested INTJ but my Fi registers off the charts now and my Te is weaker. It's because I've worked with people for the past decade and have had to adapt to that. If I still worked in my first career I would be a different flavour of INTJ.

So I think your introversion and dominant function never change. But your development of your tertiary and inferior do over time depending on what you're experiencing in life.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@InSolitude Maybe. Personality is still being studied. I say that until everything is known about the brain, we can't say anything with certainty. Thinking about it, it is odd right? We're basically our brains using these bodies like machines, and all we see is just an image being formed in the brain. Reality as we know it is all in our head.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
When I first took one of these MBTI-like tests 8 years ago, I came out ENFJ. Then 3 years ago, I took more of these tests and came out INTJ. Then I tried looking at 2 columns of sets of descriptions of every 4 of the dichotomies. That's when I came out as INTP, between that and the general descriptions I was sure out of the 16 available types that that was it. No other type fit me at all.

However... I've been going through an early midlife change. It's been a fun roller coaster ride! Now my focus is on what's "practical." Have I turned into a sensor, and not an intuitive anymore? Now am I a feeler, and not a thinker anymore? Because now I find myself wanting to volunteer my time to help others and have been becoming more and more family-oriented.

I think it's more sensible, at least in this theoretical framework of the functional stack (Ti-Ne-Si-Fe respective to the INTP), to see it in a lifespan, growth & development sort of way. Everything else in nature is seen in that light too, as per the sciences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.