Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People have different preferences to which lifestyles suit them. Some people are best at being extremely extroverted, extroversion gives them lively energy to be who they want to be. Some people are best at being introverted, they can feel great even when they shy away from the social spotlight.

For me, I like being reserved. I used to feel there was something wrong with me when I didn't talk much in a social gathering where there were too many people I didn't know well enough. Now, I actually like it. Not because I think I'm better (I'm not arrogant), I just like my reserved lifestyle. Simply because of one reason; it suits me.

I like the fact that I'm best at deep thinking when I'm alone and I can validate myself having fun even with an extremely reserved lifestyle I have chosen for myself :)

Does any of you feel this way?

·
Registered
431 Posts
With friends, quality over quantity, is my motto. Having a few who actually care about you is a lot better than having a whole bunch who could give a crap about how you're really doing except how high you make their status on the social latter.

I do like going out with a large groups of people though, and I like big parties... but no way I could do one every night. I need time to think things through or I really think I'll go nuts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I'm fine with being reserved even though sometimes I get pressured into being more outgoing, but I'm just not into parties and stuff. I go to a party and I just get bored. I would rather be alone or hang with a few good friends. A party can be kind a little more fun with good friends, but it would wear me out. I enjoy my alone time.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm really questioning this right now.

I used to be a loner because there was no point doing anything/meeting anyone as either my memory would be wiped again or when that stage of education finished we'd part and never see each other again, then because it was easier than trying to explain myself but right now I'd love to spend every night with a couple of people rather than alone. I'm even using MSN regularly, I was barely on it last year. And I'm on a forum about people rather than stuff...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have had pretty much the same group of extrovert friends who nag me constantly to go out, I wouldn't mind but half of it is dull life draining stuff. I know I should find better people but I know nobody else who wouldn't drive me up the wall.

So at the moment I much prefer being more reserved which most people I know find really strange, I like the films and music they have never even heard of because they're to busy meeting up with people, chatting online 24/7 or on their mobile..
I can't wait to go to college meet people with whom I can do all the things I want to do like get lost in forests, go to gigs, festivals and just hang out, talk about interesting things for once and just have fun for once. You can't imagine how amazed I was when I found this forum and found people who were just like me (both INFP's and ENFP's) :tongue:
Before then I used to just find it strange how I related so much and became so obsessed with INFP's like Kurt Cobain and Johnny Depp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts