Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I have noticed that if i am under a lot of stress then i will frequently get skewed answers on a personality test. Actually not under a great deal of stress at the moment. I am a 20 year old male and right now i am actually in a pretty calm and relaxed state of mind.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

The Aurora Borealis picture for sure. I prefer that image because its just beautiful. The colors shifting in the sky just being beautiful and amazing. It is out of the ordinary, somthing fantastic that i could see in real life if i only had the means. it is out of reach now but still attainable at some point. Also the science behind it is awesome and makes my brain happy.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I can be kind of laid back or straight up lazy most of the time, but when something needs to get done I do it. I am very loyal. I will stick with the people I care about through even the toughest of crap. I am focused on the present and immediate future most of the time. I dont really plan for several years down the road, usually just a few months and wing it/ come up with a new plan then. I can be a bit protective, especialy with kids or really anything that I think needs protecting. This can often not be a good thing. I am honest and, depending on my mood, very blunt. If I am annoyed you can expect short, curt answers and a general need-to-be-away-from-annoying-people vibe. That being said, I am almost never in that sort of mood naturally. I can often be found hiding in my own head, as it is really fun in there. I try to keep my life calm and fun, although I am all for a good time as long as it's something I want to do, like skydiving or rock climbing or lazer tag ect.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I would like to be a bit more outspoken/assertive. I dont really care about talking to people but if I more freely spoke my mind it would have helped me in a lot of different situations. I dont want to be the kind of guy that steps all over other people to get what he wants. I have had moments where I can start to do that and I dont like it. Also I would hate to be boring and not nerdy. I like being a nerd.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I dont open up quickly at all. I test the waters a lot first and try to get a feel for certain people that catch my interest. I have heard a lot of people describe me as a loner, other than that, idk.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

The people who are close to me; family, friends and such. Who I am as a person is very important to me, i try to stay myself and not change too much for other people. Happiness. Maybe not 100% stability but definitely consistency.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I usually just roll with the punches. Just recently i moved from central New Mexico down to southern Texas on the gulf coast. It has been a rough couple months but I just keep on going. I keep in my head while in my down time and work like hell during the day. I keep myself occupied and think about when times are going to be better. I finally just moved into my own apartment and things are looking pretty good. I can relax while at home and not have to worry about other people. Just that helps LOADS.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

When I am in a stressful situation I normally throw myself into it head first and try to get it resolved as quickly as possible. I dont like being stressed and work very hard not to be. When I am stressed my temper gets a bit shorter and I don't like to be around people unless they are my friends.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I open up a lot when I am enjoying myself. i can get more playful and joke around more. As long as I am enjoying myself I try to keep the feeling going for as long as possible. I like staying in that mental state for as long as can.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

BLEGH. Normal one-on-one interaction bugs me. It is full of pointless small talk that has no deeper meaning and is full of stuff that no one really cares about. People ask you how you are doing, most of the time they dont really care at all, its just someting people do. However, one-on-one interaction with someone I know personally and am friends with is probably my favorite kind of socialization. It is usually full of things that interest both me and the one i am talking to, holds deeper meaning than "hey how about that weather", and is just a more fulfilling activity overall. Group interaction is pretty much the same as one-on-one, unless its with people i know and care about, its more draining than anything else.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

Society is full of stupid people. It is also full of amazing people who genuinely give me hope for humaity as a whole. It is a frustrating duality in which I see so much more of the former than the latter. Because of this, me and society don't really get along too well. Social norms? I act how I want to, if that lines up with what people expect, then OK. That is how I expect everyone to act as well. We are all our own people and should stay that way. "To each his own" is probably one of my favorite sayings specifically for that reason. Everyone can have their own thing, and as long as that thing doesn't interfere with others then it shouldn't be intruded upon or judged. A lot of societies values are stuck in the wrong places. There is way to much emphasis on physical looks, for one thing. I prefer brains over looks any day. I simultaneously dislike people in general but love humanity as a whole.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

Authority can be a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, it is necessary. On the other, it can be really annoying and all to easy to abuse. I usually go with the authority, but the second I feel that authority is being abused, I will raise hell and make it really hard to abuse further.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

A healthy balance of both is necessary. I need some order in my life so I can have some down time and relax a bit. I also need some chaos in my life to keep me on my toes. Chaos is always there, it is just about when it strikes. Small, measured doses keep you ready for the major, life-changing events that life will try to screw you with.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

One thing I have come to realize I fear is being lonely. I love to be alone but i dont want to be lonely. I want to have my friends and special people in my life. I also fear losing those people who are special to me. While it might not show too much on the outside, it would eat away at me on the inside for a long time. The fear of losing people I care about contributes a lot to me being over protective, and the fear of being lonely leads to me trying to hold on as strong as I can to the friends and family that I care about.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I want to have myself and the people close to me be happy. I don't need to be rich, but i want enough money to live comfortably and be free to pursue my interests. My desire to pursue my interests comes mainly from the part of me that loves to learn. It hardly matters what i'm learning about as long as it is interesting. I might not ever even use the knowledge, but I like to have it and I like the precess of obtaining it.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

A) Hanging out with my close friends or being alone and reading, playing video games, or looking up random crap. Basically any time where I can be myself without judgement. I'm gonna be how I am no matter who is around, but not having that judgement is really nice.
B) Being around people for any extended ammount of time or having to interact with a lot of people at once. I hate crowds and I hate having the attention of a lot of people even more.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I want to know my type mainly just so I know. Probably use the knowledge for a few things and then just be satisfied that I know it while I wait for an oportunity to use it again. I am pretty sure im an ISXX, other than that, no clue. The most consistent enneagram result i have tested is 9w1

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

No idea.

·
Registered
145 Posts
14. feels special

17. because ive been pushing you for months to figure it out.

in other news hi! im going with isfp

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
Well, Se is here for sure.

It's harder to figure out any judging function, but I would lean toward Fi indeed, because of this :

Society is full of stupid people. It is also full of amazing people who genuinely give me hope for humaity as a whole. It is a frustrating duality in which I see so much more of the former than the latter. Because of this, me and society don't really get along too well. Social norms? I act how I want to, if that lines up with what people expect, then OK. That is how I expect everyone to act as well. We are all our own people and should stay that way. "To each his own" is probably one of my favorite sayings specifically for that reason. Everyone can have their own thing, and as long as that thing doesn't interfere with others then it shouldn't be intruded upon or judged. A lot of societies values are stuck in the wrong places. There is way to much emphasis on physical looks, for one thing. I prefer brains over looks any day. I simultaneously dislike people in general but love humanity as a whole.
I see attraction/repulsion which is not really present in Ti-dominant types.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, Se is here for sure.

It's harder to figure out any judging function, but I would lean toward Fi indeed, because of this :

I see attraction/repulsion which is not really present in Ti-dominant types.
so my guess is probably right than. isfp? maybe a reclusive esfp? (though i dont see it in him [we are real life buddies. putting that out there])

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
so my guess is probably right than. isfp? maybe a reclusive esfp? (though i dont see it in him [we are real life buddies. putting that out there])
Those questionnaires are never enough, but from what I've seen, yeah ISFP seems definitvely like a good match.
I want to have myself and the people close to me be happy. I don't need to be rich, but i want enough money to live comfortably and be free to pursue my interests. My desire to pursue my interests comes mainly from the part of me that loves to learn. It hardly matters what i'm learning about as long as it is interesting. I might not ever even use the knowledge, but I like to have it and I like the precess of obtaining it.
I mean this is Fi. And Se is everywhere, it's a creative function, so it's normal that we see it a lot.

I would like to be a bit more outspoken/assertive. I dont really care about talking to people but if I more freely spoke my mind it would have helped me in a lot of different situations. I dont want to be the kind of guy that steps all over other people to get what he wants. I have had moments where I can start to do that and I dont like it. Also I would hate to be boring and not nerdy. I like being a nerd.
Can't be ESFP after saying this. They are assertive, Se-dom are like that. He uses probably Se as a creative function.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responses. Basically confirmed what i've been thinking and pretty much settling the F vs T.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts