Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone :happy:

I'm looking to tap into the vast wealth of MBTI knowledge that everyone on this forum except me seems to have :tongue:

I'm trying to figure out what type my sister is, because I honestly have no idea. Sometimes she seems like an introvert, and at other times an extrovert. She's really fiery, she is extremely outspoken and doesn't really seem to care whether you want to hear her opinion or not, you're going to get it. She is very reclusive from her family (other than her daughter/partner whom she lives with), but is very social with friends. She makes jewelry. She is an oldest sibling if that helps (i have no idea i'm just throwing out all the facts I can think of to help). Sometimes I wonder if she is an ISTJ because she can be not dissimilar to my fiance (he would kill me if he knew that i said that :tongue:) but then at times she is nothing like him. I'm really confused? Also she doesn't really seem to respond very well to my feelery-ness. She is very stubborn but can also be very kind. She isn't very reasonable and is quite one sided. She is a great mother, her daughter adores her. I think she is just about one of the only people she is soft with.

I really want to figure out what type she is without actually asking her to take the test. She doesn't really seem interested in this sort of thing so she probably wouldn't do it.

She's also a scorpio if that helps...I don't know if star sign and MBTI usually coincide.

Also obviously I'm an INFJ - I think my mum is an INFP (they do not get along mostly), my Dad seems to be an INFJ/ISTJ (she doesnt talk to him at all) and I think my middle sister is also an INFJ. I don't know if our types would coincide but the information is there if it's needed :cool:

Your fellow INFJ needs help! :shocked: Any ideas?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well, for a start, she sounds very much like an Extravert.

Other than that, not enough information.

Making jewellery sounds more like a creative (therefore, Feeler) endeavour, but that's not an absolute.

Think of how she was when she was younger; also her hobbies, interests (esp. her reading habits, what kind of movies and shows she likes etc.); what she was like at school (eg. what subjects was she good at / drawn to); whats her job and how much does she like it; why is she out of contact with your family; ambitions, if any.....

Anything else you can think of.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, for a start, she sounds very much like an Extravert.

Other than that, not enough information.

Making jewellery sounds more like a creative (therefore, Feeler) endeavour, but that's not an absolute.

Think of how she was when she was younger; also her hobbies, interests (esp. her reading habits, what kind of movies and shows she likes etc.); what she was like at school (eg. what subjects was she good at / drawn to); whats her job and how much does she like it; why is she out of contact with your family; ambitions, if any.....

Anything else you can think of.
@masamune1

When she was younger she used to be interested in performing arts, she loves music, she was very social with her friends always going out etc. She got bullied at school like me, she had a very selective group of friends like me (which does sometimes make me wonder if she's an introvert). She was bad at maths (but all of us are) she only seemed interested in performing arts.

She does read a lot of books, she usually likes some of the same books that I do.
She works at the local supermarket stacking the shelves, and also has her jewelry making buisness. She hates working at the supermarket. To be honest I think her ambition is to just work at her jewelry buisness, and just have a happy life really.
She doesn't have much contact with us because she had huge arguments with our mum and dad and doesn't really care about them much now. There's no problems between her and my other sister and I but she still holds us at arms length.

We don't see eye to eye very much. At times she is very similar to us, and at others completely different. It's almost like she speaks a different language to all of us which makes me wonder now whether she is an extravert (i suspect me and all the others except my oldest sister to be introverts). I always describe her as an enigma because I just cant figure her out. She just seems to be on a different frequency to us all together in terms of personality.

She is really smart, she is passionate about the things that interest her. She can be really very kind, but then be very moody too. She is very reclusive from us as I mentioned, and although i'm sure she misses us she seems perfectly ok with it if we don't see her for long stretches of time. She loves yoga, clothes, vintage jewelry, she's very interested in family history. Which is ironic because her family here with her now don't seem to interest her very much. She likes to read about times before her for example the 40's and 50's. She loves animals and birds, she has 3 cats at home - which are kind of like her other children to be honest.
Is there anything else that might help? :happy:

I'm not trying to find her type so I can put a label on her or pretend to know her inside and out or anything. I just thought if I could get some good theories about what type she could be, I could get to know her better and try to have a better quality relationship with her.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sounds very ENF to me.

Probably ENFP.

If she's reclusive from your family, but not reclusive in general- if she's generally outgoing- that doesn't sound very Introverted. She might even find it annoying that she is the only Extravert.

An interest in performing arts and liking to care for animals and kids is usually a sign of NF; most of her interests strike me as Extraverted NF.

And Perceiver because she doesn't seem to think before she acts, if she speaks her mind without caring whether you want to hear it or not, that sounds pretty P.

Turbulent ENFP, if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@masamune1 Thanks for your help! :) I will look into the type. That makes sense, what you said about her being annoyed because she is the only Extravert. I hope you're right, it would be much better for the relationship with my sister and me and my sister and my whole family if maybe I could make sense of her a bit more. I don't want her to feel like no one understands her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts