Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, ive taken a look at this site, and it seemes interesting. Yea, you get all the boring crap at the top, antiques, video games, computers,etc... But then at the bottom categories you get "metaphysical, Odd, Weird, Supernatural".

So im thinking about exploiting these categories because i can think of some pretty cool shit, like weird scary shrouded in mystery vincent price shit. PLUS i live near the woods....shrouded in darkness, vague looking symbols and shadows, strange noises......Im really good at all that creepy pasta shit lol, but im not really into it at all, im just fuckin good at coming up with really eerie and strange things.

And of course, im going ANTIQUE HUNTING with my grandma tomorrow haha salvation army, garage sales, and 10000s of other local thrift shops. I honestly dont mind it though, there are some interesting things to be found in some of these places.

Or maybe i could invest in nostalgia, maybe combine some artistic type works together and create an old piece, radiating nostalgia. ...because i know people just fuckin like nostalgia.

Itd be cool to start a business like that....screw scrap books, i could create some kind of statue of nostalgic triggers or something like that. Maybe a sculpture of your childhood memories, using the objects you had them with. Or i could create candles that smell like freshly mown grass. Maybe the scent of a certain building could be kept in a small bottle on your a shelf, and when you go near it, you are remembered of the great times spent there.

Could remind us to chill out, and remember that life is meant to be enjoyed and lived in the moment, filled with love and peace...tranquility of mind.

You think i could go for that on ebay? people love old shit. And new shit too, thats why im goin out with my grandma tomorrow haha...find cheap shit, sell it for 500% of what you bought it for.

Orrrrr maybe i could do something along these lines

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soul-of-a-y...628?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a74594524

·
Registered
272 Posts
You think i could go for that on ebay? people love old shit. And new shit too, thats why im goin out with my grandma tomorrow haha...find cheap shit, sell it for 500% of what you bought it for.
Orrrrr maybe i could do something along these lines
Soul of a young colleague | eBay
yes it could be great.
In europe, a lot of people make money with old things, and some of them, a lot of money.

anyway, if you want to make money with other things too. i have got something for you:
buy gold and silver, (this could be old stuff too. for exemple old coins) because the dollars is going down, and of course commodities are exploding.
1 once of gold will certainly rise to 5000$, and it cost 1555$ today.
you probably will make 400% just waiting.
this is what i'm doing

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it could be great.
In europe, a lot of people make money with old things, and some of them, a lot of money.

anyway, if you want to make money with other things too. i have got something for you:
buy gold and silver, (this could be old stuff too. for exemple old coins) because the dollars is going down, and of course commodities are exploding.
1 once of gold will certainly rise to 5000$, and it cost 1555$ today.
you probably will make 400% just waiting.
this is what i'm doing
Your exactly right haha, i had completely forgotten about golds price now. Ill be on the lookout for ANYTHING with gold in it. I know i could find some old ass electronic or toy with something gold in it....and obviously old ass jewlry sittin in the, "jewelry 25 cents" box/

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You could make alot of cash on metaphysical goods. It just takes some research into the occult community to know the lingo to use, get references from reputable occultists, and boom. You can sell a $5 broach for $500. Just attach it to an "Archon Servitor that projects a chaos shield around the bearer, and directs other servitors in the owner's possession in programmed tasks." or something.

Reactions: Ambiguous

·
Registered
56 Posts
You could make alot of cash on metaphysical goods. It just takes some research into the occult community to know the lingo to use, get references from reputable occultists, and boom. You can sell a $5 broach for $500. Just attach it to an "Archon Servitor that projects a chaos shield around the bearer, and directs other servitors in the owner's possession in programmed tasks." or something.
These kind of jokes don't mix well with the internet. You can never know how many low-lives there are who'd actually listen to this kind of advice.

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha ya, i plan to do something like that. maybe burn a pentagram into a piece of toast, or sell magiacal amulets which increase strength +10

·
Registered
651 Posts
In case you didn't know there is an Ebay app - you can search for crap on the fly and know if it's going to be worth anything while you're shopping around in the stores.

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In case you didn't know there is an Ebay app - you can search for crap on the fly and know if it's going to be worth anything while you're shopping around in the stores.
thanks ill check it out. Ive already got practice with supply and demand with world of warcraft haha, i need to eventually take control of an item on ebay, and just buy and sell....I wonder if its that easy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ebay will work. To make better use of your time, define your ideal customer and research the buyer/seller community to determine the best keywords to use. And, like Jabberbroccoli suggested, you'll want to know how to make your item's description most appealing to those consumers. It will also help to have in place an organized system and routine for shipping merchandise; being prompt will be incentive to all review junkies.

If you get bored of exploiting vampires and LARPers, end up focusing more on creating your own products, then ditch Ebay. Create a website---or pay a decent designer to develop one, if you're not into it---to showcase, describe and sell your merchandise, as well as represent your identity. Then get involved with sites like Esty or CafePress. If you're selling goods you personally designed and/or crafted, without a name, Ebay will underpay you for your work. I suggested the latter so you can ensure better pay, while simultaneously building a reputation with a more refined audience.

It will be a matter of continuous learning and refinement. If you're really into it, it should be a lot of fun. I only warn that it will probably take a disappointing length of time to see any gratifying amount of money. It's the process of getting there that counts.

·
Registered
283 Posts
LOL, that's so awesomely evil, but hey, if we ENTPs got such gift of being a rationals why not exploit people who lack that and make ton of cash of it?

My research-marathon starts now!

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, that's so awesomely evil, but hey, if we ENTPs got such gift of being a rationals why not exploit people who lack that and make ton of cash of it?

My research-marathon starts now!
exactly! I'm doing a service to the world taking stupid people/ out of the gene pool!

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ebay will work. To make better use of your time, define your ideal customer and research the buyer/seller community to determine the best keywords to use. And, like Jabberbroccoli suggested, you'll want to know how to make your item's description most appealing to those consumers. It will also help to have in place an organized system and routine for shipping merchandise; being prompt will be incentive to all review junkies.

If you get bored of exploiting vampires and LARPers, end up focusing more on creating your own products, then ditch Ebay. Create a website---or pay a decent designer to develop one, if you're not into it---to showcase, describe and sell your merchandise, as well as represent your identity. Then get involved with sites like Esty or CafePress. If you're selling goods you personally designed and/or crafted, without a name, Ebay will underpay you for your work. I suggested the latter so you can ensure better pay, while simultaneously building a reputation with a more refined audience.

It will be a matter of continuous learning and refinement. If you're really into it, it should be a lot of fun. I only warn that it will probably take a disappointing length of time to see any gratifying amount of money. It's the process of getting there that counts.
Good ideas. I should create some kind of art or craft. You can literally make art out of anything too, including garbage. And if i get really into it, i could create, like you said, an identity related to some kind of product.

And vampires....that reminds me of the obnoxious amount of little emo vampire people running around all hyped up on glitter and twilight. I see some exploitation there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Even a pseudo identity. Invent a warlock, or whatever, and initiate web gossip and speculation around this guy. Maybe drawings, stories, and photos of him are laced throughout history. Products made by a "real life" immortal warlock/vampire hunter/artisan are probably worth more.

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even a pseudo identity. Invent a warlock, or whatever, and initiate web gossip and speculation around this guy. Maybe drawings, stories, and photos of him are laced throughout history. Products made by a "real life" immortal warlock/vampire hunter/artisan are probably worth more.
of course. I could even potentially start a blair witch kinda thing. Somethin like, the blair withs apprentice.....but not the blair witch of course.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I don't have a moral problem selling metaphysical products. I just don't see the point, since it's a smallish market of mostly stupid people, and the general trend is that stupid people tend to not have money to spend.

There are tons of stupid easy businesses to start that'll probably make more money than this anyways.

If you're into this to make a quick buck then I can sympathize, but if it's to build a long-term business then it's best to find something you're passionate about.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
My summer plan is to ENJOY myself to the fullest extent possible. Fuck $$ man. Just go out and have fun. The most fun I ever had in my life was when I was living under the pier with no $$ whatsoever. You're young ... go have fun. Find ways to enjoy life. Have a few adventures.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts