Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I could use some help here.

I took 3 different free tests, and here's the results plus an answered questionnaire. (And I tried to carefully follow all the instructions for each test and answer them as honestly as possible):

Test 1: INFJ

Test 2: ISTP or possibly ISTJ

Test 3: INFP or possibly ENFP, or possibly ESTJ

Then, I proceeded to read through all 16 "self-portrait" descriptions by Linda Berens and Dario Nardi, and
when I read ISTP I was sure that what I was, but when I got to the ENTJ one, I could have
written it myself, almost to the word.

Should I trust the "self-portrait" method?

I just have SUCH a hard time answering these personality questions, because it's always "it depends!", or "all of the above!", or "I don't know!" Maybe my age has something to do with it? I'm 46. I'm also a stay at home mother of 5, with 3 still at home, so I can't answer anything that pertains to a work environment, as I haven't had a job for some years now.

I'm sure that my enneagram is either a 5 or an 8 (or a 5 that through personal growth is becoming a "healthy" 8), if that helps any.

Here's my questionnaire. I'm answering the questions that I can. Some are just too hard.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I'm with someone who is very knowledgeable about an extensive amount of things/topics.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I consider the pros and cons, I do as much research as possible, and I consider how it will affect everyone involved to make the right decision.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I don't know, I don't think about it much. Probably having meaningful conversations with just a few people in a really relaxed situation, like around a campfire or something. I don't specifically remember one particular time, and my memories of many things get very vague sometimes. I didn't even remember much of my wedding day, just bits and pieces of it, until the moment my new husband and I were finally away from all the 200+ people and alone in our motel room and I could finally relax. I remember a decent amount of details from our week long honeymoon, though, a camping trip to Jacksonhole, Wyoming and Yellowstone. (We're still very happily married after 20 years, but it's been an ongoing joke for all these years that I don't remember my wedding day.)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'd say I have very good organizational skills, but I only apply them to select things/situations or at certain times in my life. For instance, my desk has perfectly labeled, logically organized files, little cubbies for items, and neat storage baskets for specific things, (although I allow one drawer for all my frequently used items to just be thrown into, and I don't want it organized). When everything is put away, it looks nice, pretty, and spatially balanced. BUT, when I get too busy jumping from one project to the duties of family life, and then to another project, after the last one was barely finished, I don't always take the time to maintain that organization, so it gets very, very messy. I will come back and restore order at a later time, but sometimes it's quite a while later.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Again, another question that I find very difficult to answer, but I'll give it a shot.

Scenario 1, a fictional current events type thing that I had never heard of people doing before: I would say I try to understand the principles behind it, like why this is going on, what are they trying to do here, what are the facts and statistics that support (or not) this practice, how will/could it affect people, and are there any moral issues to consider.

Scenario 2, I hear of a new concept concerning the study of the universe (I have a degree in physics so I like this stuff): I would say I would research to see if I could find more info on the ideas behind it, and how they've come to this conclusion. I would consider how it fits in with previous theories and facts to see if there would be any inconsistencies or contradictions. I would also consider if there seems to be any form of ulterior motives or personal agendas, like someone is just trying to twist it to make it support or disprove the existence of God.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The latter; I gotta be good before I can help anyone else out there in the world be good (although I always make sure my immediate family is doing fine/belonging/etc.)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Part a: I know I don't usually find myself in a situation thinking "why did I say that?" unless I had a one to many drinks--but isn't that true for pretty much everyone? Plus, if I do regret saying something, chances are, the other person didn't even notice, and I think it's a bigger deal than it was. I'm pretty socially graceful and can pretty easily talk to people/join in on conversations and such. My mommie raised me right. But do I think before speaking? Not really--I mean not unless it was a thought provoking question, otherwise there's no time to; the words just come.

Part b:No preference either way. I can even speak in front of fairly good sized groups with no problems to speak of (although I wouldn't consider myself an eloquent speaker by no means).

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Part a: Both??? I often jump into action right away, but I know pretty precisely where I'm jumping to.

Part b: It entirely depends on the situation. Both can be true.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and a good movie is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Unless I really feel I owe them, or it's been a long time, I'd stay home in a heartbeat. It's so much work to get my makeup on, fix my hair, find nice clothes, put the dog out, find my glasses (I lose them often), etc. to go. It will/could be a very enjoyable evening, but it's so exhausting keeping my composure all night, dealing with all the "fluff" conversations scattered between the few "good/true/meaningful" ones and I bet that movie is really good--I saw the previews and I love the main actor.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I generally find the variety of people's personalities kind of interesting, but if I were to pick a couple types I don't particularly care for, it would probably be the bragging types, the whiny/complainy types or those with significant shallowness. Also, I hate lying--no, I despise lying.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Easy going/friendly/nice???
I don't know--nothing?
I really don't know--I probably wouldn't be described as having a bubbly personality.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Projects--1 or many, it doesn't matter. Physically active or sedentary, it doesn't matter. Researching, planning, tweaking, and doing. And projects NOT ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF DOING PROJECTS (I hate busywork), but to fix a situation/thing, improve life, or solve an ongoing problem, etc. Plus, I usually have a few unfinished projects that I could work on trying to get finished up.

Extra tidbit of info that might be helpful: Ever since my early teen years, I have naturally taken on leadership roles, not because I necessarily want to, but either because no one else was going to step in and get 'r done, or because people turned to me, knowing I'd probably know what to do to get things moving.

Thank you, ahead of time, for taking the time to read and/or respond. I've read a fair amount here and am quite interested in getting involved in some discussions, but I feel I need it to say something other than "unknown" by my avatar first!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Just FYI, the type descriptions are heavily biased towards intuitive types, which causes most sensers to mistype themselves.

Probably having meaningful conversations with just a few people in a really relaxed situation, like around a campfire or something.
Sounds like you prefer Fe because you prefer a warm, relaxing and comfortable emotional atmosphere to open up. Fi types don't seek to open up.

Again, another question that I find very difficult to answer, but I'll give it a shot.
Are you struggling with the ambiguous questions? If so, that is a heavy hint towards ISTP. Ambiguous questions are really difficult for ISTPs because they lack Ne.

Projects--1 or many, it doesn't matter. Physically active or sedentary, it doesn't matter. Researching, planning, tweaking, and doing. And projects NOT ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF DOING PROJECTS (I hate busywork), but to fix a situation/thing, improve life, or solve an ongoing problem, etc. Plus, I usually have a few unfinished projects that I could work on trying to get finished up.
Ok yeah, you definitely do not like Ne. Ne types like to explore ideas without solving problems. Se types think it's a waste of time to avoid solving problems. You also finish projects, which isn't a Ne trait.

I would say ISTP, possible ESTP.

·
Registered
187 Posts
@KayBee Your OP is quite strongly Ti-Fe so you're either TP or FJ. There were some hints at which perceiving axis you use but nothing much.

Would you mind arranging the paragraphs found here in order of how well they relate to you?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@KayBee Your OP is quite strongly Ti-Fe so you're either TP or FJ. There were some hints at which perceiving axis you use but nothing much.

Would you mind arranging the paragraphs found here personalitycafe dot com/whats-my-personality-type/500250-help-me-find-my-type-2 dot html post15981586 in order of how well they relate to you?

Thanks.
B is most me, then C, then D, and A is least me:

b) The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this type focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.

c) The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this type focus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.

d) The theme is getting things accomplished through people. People of this type are focused on results, often taking action quickly. They often have a driving energy with an intention to lead a group to the goal. They make decisions quickly to keep themselves and others on task, on target, and on time. They hate wasting time and having to back track. Mentoring, executing actions, supervising, and mobilizing resources are all ways they get things accomplished. They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected.

a) The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They get things going with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.

Edited to add: I'm least sure about whether b comes before c or vice versa, though.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
One important consideration about ISTP: the proportion of male ISTPs is a lot higher than female ISTPs, which means the type descriptions tend to cue gender as much as cognition. I do think ISTP is right, and I think the superficial nature of the type description may be a huge turnoff.

Of course, the best way to test it is to apply it. Take a real-world scenario in which you want advice (career, relationship, parenting, etc) and compare the advice given to each type. One will "resonate" stronger with you than the other. Perhaps even one is so different from your internal struggle that you get to the point of "this really can't be me". This helped me solidify my suspicion that even though I tested INTJ, I was really INTP (before I knew of cognitive functions)--INTP advice was exactly what I needed to hear and helpful, while INTJ advice included things that were 180 degrees removed from who I am.

·
Registered
159 Posts
KayBee please answer the following question.

If you are feeling drained which would you prefer as a way to rejuvenate yourself?
  • Spending time doing something that you enjoy with other people.
  • Spending time by yourself, doing something that you enjoy.

Please elaborate in your answer. In either case lets assume that you don't have to worry about makeup, clothes, dog etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you struggling with the ambiguous questions? If so, that is a heavy hint towards ISTP. Ambiguous questions are really difficult for ISTPs because they lack Ne.
I have a hard time with questions that can be interpreted more than one way. Also, I have a hard time answering questions that make me pick out one or the other when both are equally or sometimes true. I'd say the hardest thing, though, about answering questions on these tests is because they are about me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One important consideration about ISTP: the proportion of male ISTPs is a lot higher than female ISTPs, which means the type descriptions tend to cue gender as much as cognition. I do think ISTP is right, and I think the superficial nature of the type description may be a huge turnoff.

Of course, the best way to test it is to apply it. Take a real-world scenario in which you want advice (career, relationship, parenting, etc) and compare the advice given to each type. One will "resonate" stronger with you than the other. Perhaps even one is so different from your internal struggle that you get to the point of "this really can't be me". This helped me solidify my suspicion that even though I tested INTJ, I was really INTP (before I knew of cognitive functions)--INTP advice was exactly what I needed to hear and helpful, while INTJ advice included things that were 180 degrees removed from who I am.
Regarding the first part, I definitely have never met another female like me, and over the years most of my really meaningful conversations have probably been with males.

As far as the second part, I will do this, it sounds like good advice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KayBee please answer the following question.

If you are feeling drained which would you prefer as a way to rejuvenate yourself?
  • Spending time doing something that you enjoy with other people.
  • Spending time by yourself, doing something that you enjoy.

Please elaborate in your answer. In either case lets assume that you don't have to worry about makeup, clothes, dog etc.
Most definitely the second. Although I enjoy being with people (the better I know them the more I enjoy it), it does drain me and I typically recharge by casually working on a project like planning this year's flower gardens or finding my personality type, for instance. The project would need to be one that doesn't have a deadline, of course, or else that would not be too relaxing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks.
B is most me, then C, then D, and A is least me:
Edited to add: I'm least sure about whether b comes before c or vice versa, though.
That's very normal. I've found that introverts often have a tough time choosing between b) and c) so I often look at the positions of a) and d) to figure out which one you probably prefer. Also, your OP implies you have a preference for c) so I only really asked to confirm that you'd choose it.

Moving on, I'm tempted to use some of my own questions to clarify your type but I predict a lot of hostility from other users as the questions are largely based on my own somewhat baseless theories. Instead, I'll ask you to do the test found here and then the one here and post the results.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here's my assessment of your type.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I consider the pros and cons, I do as much research as possible, and I consider how it will affect everyone involved to make the right decision.
Seems like F.

I don't know, I don't think about it much. Probably having meaningful conversations with just a few people in a really relaxed situation, like around a campfire or something. I don't specifically remember one particular time, and my memories of many things get very vague sometimes. I didn't even remember much of my wedding day, just bits and pieces of it, until the moment my new husband and I were finally away from all the 200+ people and alone in our motel room and I could finally relax. I remember a decent amount of details from our week long honeymoon, though, a camping trip to Jacksonhole, Wyoming and Yellowstone. (We're still very happily married after 20 years, but it's been an ongoing joke for all these years that I don't remember my wedding day.)
Seems like N and Fe.

I'd say I have very good organizational skills, but I only apply them to select things/situations or at certain times in my life. For instance, my desk has perfectly labeled, logically organized files, little cubbies for items, and neat storage baskets for specific things, (although I allow one drawer for all my frequently used items to just be thrown into, and I don't want it organized). When everything is put away, it looks nice, pretty, and spatially balanced. BUT, when I get too busy jumping from one project to the duties of family life, and then to another project, after the last one was barely finished, I don't always take the time to maintain that organization, so it gets very, very messy. I will come back and restore order at a later time, but sometimes it's quite a while later.
Seems like J, and Fe.

Scenario 1, a fictional current events type thing that I had never heard of people doing before: I would say I try to understand the principles behind it, like why this is going on, what are they trying to do here, what are the facts and statistics that support (or not) this practice, how will/could it affect people, and are there any moral issues to consider.
Seems like N and F.

Scenario 2, I hear of a new concept concerning the study of the universe (I have a degree in physics so I like this stuff): I would say I would research to see if I could find more info on the ideas behind it, and how they've come to this conclusion. I would consider how it fits in with previous theories and facts to see if there would be any inconsistencies or contradictions. I would also consider if there seems to be any form of ulterior motives or personal agendas, like someone is just trying to twist it to make it support or disprove the existence of God.
Very N.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The latter; I gotta be good before I can help anyone else out there in the world be good (although I always make sure my immediate family is doing fine/belonging/etc.)
Seems like good common sense.

Part a: I know I don't usually find myself in a situation thinking "why did I say that?" unless I had a one to many drinks--but isn't that true for pretty much everyone? Plus, if I do regret saying something, chances are, the other person didn't even notice, and I think it's a bigger deal than it was. I'm pretty socially graceful and can pretty easily talk to people/join in on conversations and such. My mommie raised me right. But do I think before speaking? Not really--I mean not unless it was a thought provoking question, otherwise there's no time to; the words just come.
Seems like E.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and a good movie is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Unless I really feel I owe them, or it's been a long time, I'd stay home in a heartbeat. It's so much work to get my makeup on, fix my hair, find nice clothes, put the dog out, find my glasses (I lose them often), etc. to go. It will/could be a very enjoyable evening, but it's so exhausting keeping my composure all night, dealing with all the "fluff" conversations scattered between the few "good/true/meaningful" ones and I bet that movie is really good--I saw the previews and I love the main actor.
Seems like N.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I don't know--nothing?
I really don't know--I probably wouldn't be described as having a bubbly personality.
Seems like Fe.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Very J.

Extra tidbit of info that might be helpful: Ever since my early teen years, I have naturally taken on leadership roles, not because I necessarily want to, but either because no one else was going to step in and get 'r done, or because people turned to me, knowing I'd probably know what to do to get things moving.
Seems like J.

Most definitely the second. Although I enjoy being with people (the better I know them the more I enjoy it), it does drain me and I typically recharge by casually working on a project like planning this year's flower gardens or finding my personality type, for instance. The project would need to be one that doesn't have a deadline, of course, or else that would not be too relaxing.
Definitely I.

I believe your type is INFJ.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
@robert666

1) Not everyone who likes Physics is an N.

2) "I try to understand the principles behind it" is Ti. It's not N.

3) There is a lot more Ti than Fe in the OP.

4) Typing people by J/P is not a good idea. There are very few people who are clearly Js or clearly Ps. Introverts make this even worse, because Ti and Fi are judging functions, and Si and Ni are perceiving functions, which means that all introverted Js actually do more perceiving than judging, and all introverted Ps do more judging than perceiving.

·
Registered
159 Posts
1) Not everyone who likes Physics is an N.
I consider this a preference for N not because of liking physics but because it is about liking 'new concept concerning the study of the universe', which I see as being an abstract topic.

2) "I try to understand the principles behind it" is Ti. It's not N.
Agreed. I was thinking in terms of abstract topics, but I see now she was referring to current events.

3) There is a lot more Ti than Fe in the OP.
Perhaps you could ask her some questions to confirm that.

4) Typing people by J/P is not a good idea.
I disagree with this. I think it's a lot easier to go by the letters instead of only by the functions.

What's your assessment of KayBee's type. If you don't agree with the INFJ then perhaps you could ask her more questions and give your opinion. It would give her more confirmation or disconfirmation for the INFJ.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's very normal. I've found that introverts often have a tough time choosing between b) and c) so I often look at the positions of a) and d) to figure out which one you probably prefer. Also, your OP implies you have a preference for c) so I only really asked to confirm that you'd choose it.

Moving on, I'm tempted to use some of my own questions to clarify your type but I predict a lot of hostility from other users as the questions are largely based on my own somewhat baseless theories. Instead, I'll ask you to do the test found here (link) and then the one here (link) and post the results.
On the first test at Personality Junkie:
I was positive Si and Ne were at rock bottom.
The ones that seemed to be in the middle somewhere were Ni, Ti, and Fe.
And I think the top three, in order are:Fi, Te, Se.

So, loosely: Fi, Te, Se, Ni, Ti, Fe, Si, Ne

On the second test here at Pers. Cafe:
I was positive Ti and Ne were at the bottom.
The ones that seemed to be in the middle, and probably in order: Fe, Ni, Si
I think the first three would be, in order: Fi, Se, Te

So, loosely: Fi, Se, Te, Fe, Ni, Si, Ti, Ne

These tests are hard for me because in my daily life, I don't spend much time reflecting and thinking about myself per se, because I'm sure about me (or at least I thought so, till I had to analyze myself with all these questions!) It's much easier to think about everyone and everything else!

Here's a little more about me if it might be helpful to anyone interested in figuring me out--things that might be relevant to personality typing:

I'm a 46yo female. I'm happily married to my husband for 20 years (he may be an ESTJ???). We don't, and never have spoken tons of mushy words to each other, we either talk about our days, news, the kids, or joke around. We express most of our feelings for each other through actions. Our whole family isn't much of a "group hug" type. Family is very important to me and we socialize with extended family quite often. I think others see me as friendly and fairly outgoing, but by the traditional definition, I'm pretty sure I'm and invert--maybe an ambievert??? I (ecclecticaly, but effectively) homeschooled 5 kids for 16 years, but I always found enough time for myself with various projects. Some examples of what I have tried/usually mastered or still do: gardening, cooking from scratch, bargain shopping, a multitude of crafts (I'm very creative and pretty artistic), coaching the kids to play musical instruments (I've mastered several myself, but only play one rarely for enjoyment), conquering the filing of our taxes every year on my own (learning about new credits, etc.), and keeping the budget to the penny with a spreadsheet that I created from scratch years ago. I can concentrate pretty well even with lots of activity going on around me, but I always know where every kid is at all times and am always ready to hear anything they want to share at any time. I enjoy camping with the family. I don't have many close friends outside my family--most are just friendly acquaintances, but I do enjoy spending time with people. I prefer my home time, but I know I need and enjoy my social time.

I took a 4th test, the Celebrity Types test and got ISJT, with 36E/64I, 82S/18N, 82T/18F, 27P/73J

So now, my 4 test results are:
INFJ, ISTP, INFP, ISTJ.

At face value, I think I am more of an S than an N, as I've always been a little jealous of people who are intuitive, as I don't feel very much so.

I read few more descriptions, and now, with closer consideration, I'm feeling ISFP matches me pretty well--so let's throw in a 5th type to complicate it even more!

Don't know if this helps, but if anyone is reading--give it your best shot.

I'll probably research this to death over the weekend.

·
Registered
941 Posts
did you try the 16personalities.com one yet? you don't have to agonize between answer choices because it has the slider options, and you could leave it neutral. but i agree it's hard to stay focused and be really really honest

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
This is a very unpopular thing to say, but it is the truth; MBTI tests and cognitive functions tests don't work. The majority of companies have abandoned MBTI as a tool because of it.

If you want to be accurately typed, you need to talk to people with enough experience to type you. Tests are not going to lead you in the right direction.

Reactions: KayBee

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all. I could use some help here.

I took 3 different free tests, and here's the results plus an answered questionnaire. (And I tried to carefully follow all the instructions for each test and answer them as honestly as possible):

Test 1: INFJ

Test 2: ISTP or possibly ISTJ

Test 3: INFP or possibly ENFP, or possibly ESTJ

Then, I proceeded to read through all 16 "self-portrait" descriptions by Linda Berens and Dario Nardi, and
when I read ISTP I was sure that what I was, but when I got to the ENTJ one, I could have
written it myself, almost to the word.

Should I trust the "self-portrait" method?

I just have SUCH a hard time answering these personality questions, because it's always "it depends!", or "all of the above!", or "I don't know!" Maybe my age has something to do with it? I'm 46. I'm also a stay at home mother of 5, with 3 still at home, so I can't answer anything that pertains to a work environment, as I haven't had a job for some years now.

I'm sure that my enneagram is either a 5 or an 8 (or a 5 that through personal growth is becoming a "healthy" 8), if that helps any.

Here's my questionnaire. I'm answering the questions that I can. Some are just too hard.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I'm with someone who is very knowledgeable about an extensive amount of things/topics.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Part b:No preference either way. I can even speak in front of fairly good sized groups with no problems to speak of (although I wouldn't consider myself an eloquent speaker by no means).

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Part a: Both??? I often jump into action right away, but I know pretty precisely where I'm jumping to.

Part b: It entirely depends on the situation. Both can be true.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I generally find the variety of people's personalities kind of interesting, but if I were to pick a couple types I don't particularly care for, it would probably be the bragging types, the whiny/complainy types or those with significant shallowness. Also, I hate lying--no, I despise lying.

I don't know--nothing?

Thank you, ahead of time, for taking the time to read and/or respond. I've read a fair amount here and am quite interested in getting involved in some discussions, but I feel I need it to say something other than "unknown" by my avatar first!
I'd say ISTP

·
Registered
187 Posts
On the first test at Personality Junkie:
I was positive Si and Ne were at rock bottom.
The ones that seemed to be in the middle somewhere were Ni, Ti, and Fe.
And I think the top three, in order are:Fi, Te, Se.

So, loosely: Fi, Te, Se, Ni, Ti, Fe, Si, Ne

On the second test here at Pers. Cafe:
I was positive Ti and Ne were at the bottom.
The ones that seemed to be in the middle, and probably in order: Fe, Ni, Si
I think the first three would be, in order: Fi, Se, Te

So, loosely: Fi, Se, Te, Fe, Ni, Si, Ti, Ne

Those results indicate an ISFP preferenace...not too sure it worked

These tests are hard for me because in my daily life, I don't spend much time reflecting and thinking about myself per se, because I'm sure about me (or at least I thought so, till I had to analyze myself with all these questions!) It's much easier to think about everyone and everything else!

Here's a little more about me if it might be helpful to anyone interested in figuring me out--things that might be relevant to personality typing:

I'm a 46yo female. I'm happily married to my husband for 20 years (he may be an ESTJ???). We don't, and never have spoken tons of mushy words to each other, we either talk about our days, news, the kids, or joke around. We express most of our feelings for each other through actions. Our whole family isn't much of a "group hug" type. Family is very important to me and we socialize with extended family quite often. I think others see me as friendly and fairly outgoing, but by the traditional definition, I'm pretty sure I'm and invert--maybe an ambievert??? I (ecclecticaly, but effectively) homeschooled 5 kids for 16 years, but I always found enough time for myself with various projects. Some examples of what I have tried/usually mastered or still do: gardening, cooking from scratch, bargain shopping, a multitude of crafts (I'm very creative and pretty artistic), coaching the kids to play musical instruments (I've mastered several myself, but only play one rarely for enjoyment), conquering the filing of our taxes every year on my own (learning about new credits, etc.), and keeping the budget to the penny with a spreadsheet that I created from scratch years ago. I can concentrate pretty well even with lots of activity going on around me, but I always know where every kid is at all times and am always ready to hear anything they want to share at any time. I enjoy camping with the family. I don't have many close friends outside my family--most are just friendly acquaintances, but I do enjoy spending time with people. I prefer my home time, but I know I need and enjoy my social time.

I took a 4th test, the Celebrity Types test and got ISJT, with 36E/64I, 82S/18N, 82T/18F, 27P/73J

So now, my 4 test results are:
INFJ, ISTP, INFP, ISTJ.

At face value, I think I am more of an S than an N, as I've always been a little jealous of people who are intuitive, as I don't feel very much so.

I read few more descriptions, and now, with closer consideration, I'm feeling ISFP matches me pretty well--so let's throw in a 5th type to complicate it even more!

Don't know if this helps, but if anyone is reading--give it your best shot.

I'll probably research this to death over the weekend.
Your results certainly indicate an ISFP preference but it's strange because your OP had a fair amount of Ti.

If you want to do more research then I suggest checking out the YouTube channel here and also doing some research into the inferior functions in order to help you figure out the nature of the functions you think you use.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I researched, tested, read, analyzed, and self-reflected over the weekend and nailed it on ISTP.

I sincerely appreciate all your input, as much of it gave me some leads, and some was very helpful!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.