Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ok technically she's not my therapist, and to be honest she didn't use the word stalk either.

I'm an INTJ who has come to the bitter realizatoin that even we need human relationships to be happy, so I'm looking to find some ENFP's in my city. Austin TX is where I'm at which is supposed to be a "weird city" so I'm hoping it's the kind of place that draws ENFP's. If anyone is familiar with this city, what kind of places are attractive to ENFP's here? If you're not familiar with this city, what kind of places in general attract ENFP's?

I checked out MeetUp.com to see if there were any MBTI groups, but there aren't. I'm not really familiar how MeetUp.com works, but I was thinking maybe starting an ENFP-INTJ MeetUp group (though I've never run that kind of thing before). Yes, I realize that mixing ENFP's with INTJ's is like mixing bleach and ammonia and I can't imagine how a roomfull of this type would react.

Thoughts / comments appreciated.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Welcome to PerC Puzzle Pirate. Perfect name btw, i'm sure you'll find the ENFP just as puzzling. You may want to read through the ENFP forum to get a better idea how and where to meet an ENFP. We're all very different, so the answers will not be black and white. When i read your line about ENFP/INTJ mixing like bleach and ammonia, it made me giggle, so true :D I'm currently in a relationship with an INTJ, the challenges are never ending, although rewarding.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Yes, I realize that mixing ENFP's with INTJ's is like mixing bleach and ammonia and I can't imagine how a roomfull of this type would react.
You'll note that around here the INTJ/ENFP attraction is actually *quite well known*, and many of us have felt its affects on at least some level... personally, I couldn't be more for it and am currently pursuing an ENFP that I know :). I suppose my point here is that you're not alone in this endeavor and that your analogy is incorrect, sir.... it's more like mixing awesome with awesome.

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
Bleach and ammonia *snicker*, we do make a deadly combination - its epic! Yes, I too am a self confessed fan of the INTJ/ENFP dynamic. :wink:
Welcome to PerC! :happy:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
You can't stalk me im a ninja. But hey welcome to PerC and ENFP section.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
I am going to slightly disagree with the above posts and say just because someone is an enfp, does -not- mean you will be compatible with them in any way whatsoever. I dislike seeing people search for a specific personality type, like that one type is all that matters. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people are more than four letters.

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
I am going to slightly disagree with the above posts and say just because someone is an enfp, does -not- mean you will be compatible with them in any way whatsoever. I dislike seeing people search for a specific personality type, like that one type is all that matters. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people are more than four letters.
Yeah, but type attraction seems to work pretty well on a general level. We can't make generalizations about everyone, but a lot of people are happy in type compatible relationships. Not to say that ENFP's will always get along with INTJ's or INFJ's. And certainly, you shouldn't exclude someone solely because of their type. You also can't deny that Ne and Ni do click very well in conversations.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
I have relationship experience with intjs, no, it was wrong on every level. I am not compatible with introverts. Or J's. :p (in a romantic context)

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
People are more than 4 letters but we are all missing some of them, no one is 8 letters. Because of this need to develop our weaker areas attraction is type related. If it weren't, you wouldn't hear of so many opposites being attracted and later repelled. There would be no pattern to it, but since there is a definite pattern attraction is most definitely type related.

The dynamic between intj and enfp is one of supervision. It's not ideal but it can make a good match.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dynamic between intj and enfp is one of supervision. It's not ideal but it can make a good match.
Is "h t t p : / / w w w . s o c i o n i c s . c o m / r e l / s p . h t m" this what you mean by a relationship "of supervision"? Reads like the ENFP is the love slave of the INTJ. How is that not ideal!? :tongue:

(I tried to put a real link in there but got a message saying "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 2 posts.")

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Is "h t t p : / / w w w . s o c i o n i c s . c o m / r e l / s p . h t m" this what you mean by a relationship "of supervision"? Reads like the ENFP is the love slave of the INTJ. How is that not ideal!? :tongue:

(I tried to put a real link in there but got a message saying "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 2 posts.")
Ha ha good for you maybe but we don't do bondage. Try to control me and you will be dropped like a hot potato.

(Whoops, don't know what happened there- it was meant to be a picture of William Wallace not a wall of text)

YOU WILL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I can imagine that we'd be a fun type to stalk. I have to say, a person stalking me would be utterly confused, going from the pool to antique shops in one fell swoop.
Anyways, I have my INTJ, and he's a joy to be around...well...we bounce off each other real well, if that makes sense, and we've already plotted the downfall of at least three civilizations. Go find an ENFP to stalk, I compel thee, go. And welcome, by the way :laughing:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Oh so this is a personal problem you have and you think everyone else will have this problem too. Well, hope things get better for you.
You might have to be a LITTLE snugglier than that to roll with ENFPs. ;)

LOL, Prescription: "Find an ENFP to shine sunshine into your cold NT heart. Doctor's orders." :D

"Administer one ENFP weekly for 4-6 weeks. Renew prescription as-needed."

"Side effects may include: karaoke, fingerpainting, excessive hugging, tickle fights, and emo-dumps."

This was very funny and made my day. : )

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
To be perfectly clear... I view it as a guideline at best... I'm not chasing someone because of their type nor am I limiting myself to a type... but every meaningful attraction I've ever had has been with an ENFP... and that's before even knowing about MBTI. It's natural. I also *don't like* every ENFP that I've met for what it's worth. I think you prescribe much more ignorance to those of us who hold stock in the INTJ/ENFP pairing than is warranted, even to some of the others. The INTJ/ENFP relationship as I percieve it, speaks to increased odds of finding compatibility. It also *obviously* doesn't apply to everyone, I've said that before and I'll say it again, relationship theories are just that... theories and guidelines... and the only thing that matters is what *you* like on the individual level.

Ugggggh, much disapproval at socionics as a theory... it's just so *the opposite* of true for me.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I don't think @Eerie was trying to discredit the INTJ/ENFP dynamic (or the other popular ones, like INFJ/ENFP or ISTP/ENFP), so there's not really a need for anyone to defend those theories, as I don't see them being under attack. I think her point was simply that these things do not necessarily hold true for everyone, and therefore, specifically searching for a girlfriend of one specific type (i.e. an INTJ specifically seeking out an ENFP purely based on the fact that she's an ENFP) might not be the greatest idea ever.

It's not a "personal problem," but rather an ENFP simply being helpful by sharing her personal experience that sheds light on the fact that these relationship theories may not apply to everyone of a specific type.

Even though I am in a fabled INFJ/ENFP relationship, it happened completely randomly. A lot of our chemistry and compatibility has nothing to do with our respective types. I'm very lucky to be able to take advantage of the awesome dynamic we have that partially stems from the theoretical compatibility of our types, but really it's just the icing on the cake and not the actual cake.

FYI, you may not be aware of this, but Myers-Briggs INTJ translates to INTp in socionics.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Even though I am in a fabled INFJ/ENFP relationship, it happened completely randomly. A lot of our chemistry and compatibility has nothing to do with our respective types. I'm very lucky to be able to take advantage of the awesome dynamic we have that partially stems from the theoretical compatibility of our types, but really it's just the icing on the cake and not the actual cake.
INFJ have cake? I want cake too.

Hah, yeah I'm plenty happy with my ESTJ and most ENFP would be just fine with all the ESTJ's being rounded up and banished to the moon. Different strokes for different folks, but INTJ's are pretty cool. Had the love of my life not been an ESTJ I may have wound up with an INTJ. It's hard to know, I've never had icing...

Reactions: viva

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
I don't think @Eerie was trying to discredit the INTJ/ENFP dynamic (or the other popular ones, like INFJ/ENFP or ISTP/ENFP), so there's not really a need for anyone to defend those theories, as I don't see them being under attack. I think her point was simply that these things do not necessarily hold true for everyone, and therefore, specifically searching for a girlfriend of one specific type (i.e. an INTJ specifically seeking out an ENFP purely based on the fact that she's an ENFP) might not be the greatest idea ever.

It's not a "personal problem," but rather an ENFP simply being helpful by sharing her personal experience that sheds light on the fact that these relationship theories may not apply to everyone of a specific type.

FYI, you may not be aware of this, but Myers-Briggs INTJ translates to INTp in socionics.
Thank you, you got my point across better than I could. :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha ha good for you maybe but we don't do bondage. Try to control me and you will be dropped like a hot potato.
That's not what I understand a "relationships of supervision" to be. It reads to me more like the INTJ is cocaine to the ENFP. The love slavery doesn't come so much from dominance, but rather from addiction.

Go find an ENFP to stalk, I compel thee, go.
Yes but how do I notice one? I'm not sure I've ever actually met a female ENFP. I think a few men I've known have been ENFP's, but no women.

You might have to be a LITTLE snugglier than that to roll with ENFPs. ;)
But... but this is part of my charm.

Prescription: "Find an ENFP to shine sunshine into your cold NT heart. Doctor's orders." :D

"Administer one ENFP weekly for 4-6 weeks. Renew prescription as-needed."

"Side effects may include: karaoke, fingerpainting, excessive hugging, tickle fights, and emo-dumps."

This was very funny and made my day. : )
I'm deathly allergic to karaoke.

The INTJ/ENFP relationship as I percieve it, speaks to increased odds of finding compatibility.
Exactly. Like the mechanical precision of my artificial heart I decided to use averages and correlational distributions to find companions.

I was not aware of that.

Her post was clearly about her personal problems with INTJ's, which you can see here,

Eerie said:
I have relationship experience with intjs, no, it was wrong on every level. I am not compatible with introverts. Or J's.
Her motivation is clearly to put her personal experience on display and not to share the trivially true knowledge that personality types hold true as generalities and may not hold true for specific people. Everyone already knew that, so there was no reason to bring it up again.

I think her point was simply that these things do not necessarily hold true for everyone, and therefore, specifically searching for a girlfriend of one specific type (i.e. an INTJ specifically seeking out an ENFP purely based on the fact that she's an ENFP) might not be the greatest idea ever.
No, there's something about this method that you find personally upsetting. Does it bother you can you can be put into a box? A claustrophobic tight little box that shows you're not the snowflake you want to be? ENFP's have strong desire to be "authentic" and "free" right? So when it's pointed out that human beings are more like meat robots, that bothers you doesn't it? There's something about finding out that your actions are not free, that you are predictable, and that it is your very nature which confines you is really upsetting isn't it?

*insert evil laughter here*

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
No, there's something about this method that you find personally upsetting. Does it bother you can you can be put into a box? A claustrophobic tight little box that shows you're not the snowflake you want to be? ENFP's have strong desire to be "authentic" and "free" right? So when it's pointed out that human beings are more like meat robots, that bothers you doesn't it? There's something about finding out that your actions are not free, that you are predictable, and that it is your very nature which confines you is really upsetting isn't it?

*insert evil laughter here*
When you finally find an ENFP, try not to make her cry on the first day. ;)

1 - 20 of 122 Posts