Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, answered this questionnaire in order to get a more precise idea of my MBTI type. I hope this will help.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingfast/37924368676/in/explore-2017-10-28/
Well, it's just a duck. And it's flying.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/chienvert/26207664389/in/explore-2017-10-28/
Now it's a bird. On a tree branch.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wanman1952/37954772752/in/explore-2017-10-28/
It's a mushroom. Seriously, what am I supposed to say? What am I supposed to feel?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Mental reaction : I WANT TO WATCH THE WORLD BURN
Actual reaction : *sigh* "well, I suggest we try to get information about this place : are we REALLY in the middle of nowhere? can we contact someone? can someone else help?". Maybe I'd not say anything at all.
I'd also love to know what is wrong with the car, in order to avoid such problems in the future (also because it can be funny or interesting)

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
"yea, whatever"
I'd probably go to the party but stay alone or with people I know. I'd not keep a close eye on my friend : he made a promise, promises are important and are not supposed to be broken. Plus I'm not his f*cking babysitter. If he's drunk, I'd be pissed off and take the wheel.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
A grimace of disgust, maybe, but I would not take part of the discussion unless he really tells some bullshit (in other words, lies). I don't think I'm a very talkative person, anyway, unless I feel accepted by the group, I'm in the mood or I judge the topic of conversation is interesting.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
That's extremely vague. For example ? Someone doing something that goes against my beliefs ? Political ideology ? Vision of good and wrong ? I'd probably do nothing, unless, I don't know, some people beat up a random person, I'd probably do my best to help this person (plus, I'd probably be the next person on the list if I just stay there doing nothing)
Now, if my habits are changed, it would really piss me off but I'd adapt, especially if I can't do otherwise. What am I supposed to do? Whine and cry like a baby?

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I don't really have values. I think I should never lie but I sometimes lie, I think I should never be rude and mean to other people but I'm sometimes rude and mean to other people etc... Now, the only things I'd never do? Killing, raping, maybe 1 or 2 decisions related to politics (don't want to talk about it right now)...that's about it.

7.a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?
I don't know. Some people say I'm unique, weird and creepy. I think I know why (some strong opinions, weird hobbies, points of view etc...). They also say I'm very intelligent, I have a good memory and I can be extremely mature but in the end, I'm just a human being.
b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I think I could (and should) be more sociable, kind and generous. And I could also be less stubborn : sometimes, when I think an idea is a good idea, I don't simply think it's a good idea, I think it's THE good idea and I can feel like people who don't think like me are stupid. And sometimes, when in a debate, I 'refuse' other people facts (even though I store them in my mind) in a very childish way. But when I do such things, shortly afterwards, I'm really ashamed and I realize it's not the good approach : facts are important, I should not ignore them simply because they go against my ideas.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I don't really pay attention to such things. But I'm sure I follow them without even realizing it. I think that's the point, heh. I'm sorry but I don't know what to say about the second question.

9. a) What activities energize you most?
Sport, even though I'm not a sporty person. Also, when I learn things. I love that, even when it will not be of any use to me. When I just GET the information, idea, make links between ideas, know something happens because of this, how it affected, affects and maybe will affect us. When I deduce something, instantly understand something, I feel like I'm the boss of the room.
b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Not sure about that. Doing something for a long time, perhaps. I really hated school because of this. When I have to do that, I just want to sleep, to move or at least do something else.

Maybe I should have talked about social activities, being around people, talking to 'friends' and other people...it's really 'random' : when in the mood, it will energize me but sometimes it will just drain me.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I know people see me as a boring, bookworm (actually, I'm not even a bookworm), a nonchalant weirdo who just doesn't give two f*cks, therefore I try to be more 'present', 'funny', 'friendly' and I avoid political discussions, mainly because other people seem to dislike this kind of discussion but also because we can go far because of this.

That's it. Thank you for your attention and potential answers.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't want to insist but...any other idea?

I also realized I can be very prone to anger when alone (I'm more 'calm' when around other people) and easily give up when confronted to problems I don't understand (a typical example : homework).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts