Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had trouble fitting into any type tbh. Though I relate to the needing to be alone of INTPs, I also get energy from people. Some weirdos too obsessed with their type and type stereotypes, said INTPs yield, and that my not backing down made me seem not very INTP, whatever the hell that means. Someone else said I seem very ENTP, and an ex of mine said I'm like a less insane version of The Joker sometimes, though I think she meant when I'm in a really good mood and so have a lot of energy and was only referring to that aspect of my personality. I find typology useful, but, I don't live by it as such. I think it's one piece of the puzzle, but I don't think it has all the answers, and I think people are a lot more fluid than that. I mean, the fact that people are fluid is one reason that Plato's totalitarian city-state, as described in "The Republic" probably couldn't exist. People can't be stuck in jars and then have a label stuck on them, it's not right, and most of you would rebel and even take up weapons to fight against it if such labels were used against you. Revolution and all that. Divergence, ever see that film? It'd be like that.

Either way, I spent longer on a test last night, and answered some more of the questions, but taking a few minutes on each and really thinking about it, and it said I have a slight preference for Judging over Perceiving, and that I'm INTJ, when before it was moderate Perceiving over Judging. Thing is, I actually think I'm more of a Perceiver, I always think over multiple options, and then put them into a type of elimination mode in my mind based on all the pros and cons, until I am left with the best option, which I think is similar to how an INTP would make decisions.

Lately, I'm also doubting whether I am a Thinker. People describe me as a Thinker, definitely, but I sometimes get overly passionate and even angry when defending a point. If I see people being dickheads, I get angry and act on that impulse. In my day to day life, I do make decisions based on logic, but, I also sometimes react to my emotions. I've been quick to give into strong emotions at times, and have assaulted people in the past with a deadly weapon as well as my own fists. I've also been described as passionate by people that know me, especially by those I've been in a sexual/romantic relationship with. But, at my calmest, I tend to think rationally. Yet I am willing to risk going to prison by doing things such as punching someone for hitting a child or abusing an animal.

When answering questions on self tests, I'm mostly left feeling uncertain. The tests I've found might have been crappy, Idk. I've seen questions like "do you like going to a party?", which is a no, because I like going out, but not around drunk and high people, because I've had problems with drugs and alcohol in the past. Now, as I said in an earlier paragraph, I am not sure if I'm an Introvert or not. I enjoy being alone, but at the same time, I sometimes get a buzz from being around people, and definitely from having sex with people. I'm not shy, but, I won't always talk to random people because I think it makes a person look like a weirdo. Talking in college is okay. In a sports club. At the gym. In yoga if you're interested in that. But, I won't talk to anyone just anywhere out of the blue. Is that Introversion or good manners? I remember avoiding other kids at school sometimes, because they said nothing of interest, but that was until Pokémon became popular, then I became known as someone who would always talk to everyone and started hanging out with other kids back then.

Yet, even to this day, I enjoy time alone to think over what I've absorbed from my day...like I'm processing it in my mind, and coming up with conclusions about every event. I'm usually not good with people, unless I "turn on" the charm, but sometimes I'm feeling too stressed out to even try, or my mind is otherwise occupied. That is when I become aloof and short tempered with people. The problem is, as stated by someone I've known years "you just don't seem to give a damn, and people sometimes notice and leave you be, it's called empathy." Honestly, is it possible some people can't be typed, or are too lacking in self awareness to really test themselves? I notice I drink in vibes about other people, but at the same time, I don't feel all that there with myself. I have thoughts and ideas about the surrounding world, but less about myself. I took shrooms in the past, had a really bad trip once, and when it kicked in and I started noticing myself a bit more and thought back on a lot of the heartless things I've done, I felt terrified. It was like being woken up from being half asleep. I was like "ah shit other people have emotions too!!!!!????? it cannot be!!!!!! D:" And I wanted to fucking escape from the universe at that point. I wanted the first wormhole out of here, or a rabbit hole to get through the looking glass, if that makes sense. I can drink in what others go through, in a detached way, but I sometimes don't feel them nor myself. This makes me wonder if I can actually accurately type myself.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/42375-whats-my-type-form.html

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@Cinnamon83 I still plan on doing the thread for fun at some point I just forgot about it, but it would be amusing at the very least :p

ISFJ? I looked into that, I can see a few things in common, but, the use of functions doesn't seem familiar. I DID consider INFJ after researching your mention of ISFJ in the other thread. I'm not certain if I'm a Sensor, I'm kind of absent minded about my environment tbh, but always remember how things played out in a fuzzy way. At the same time, I do have some Sensor qualities, such as being able to link places or objects to past memories. I think I'll only know for certain if I learn to be more introspective, something I lack at times. Or, self evaluation might be the better word. I view my emotions and those of others very plainly. This has caused me to seem insensitive, because, apparently other people don't get over things after a few hours or a day and need time to not feel sore, though I have had trouble with relationships for losing control of myself and trying to demand the other person just gets over the problem and stops sulking when life is there to be enjoyed. I can brood over problems, but, in a detached "meh" way, like...seeing my past as some boring memory of a memory. At the same time If I see an innocent creature that seems lost or is being tortured, I'd still jump into the fray as a self appointed protector no matter what happens to me, because, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I stood by doing nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts