Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a typing video for people to type me off of and I had the sudden thought after thinking about a plethora of things. WHY DON'T I PUT IT HERE!
It's long... but HEY who knows what people will see!

I sometimes feel finding my type is a group effort... but of course not one that doesn't involve my input LOL

So this was a video where I was supposed to answer questions so people could find out my type. I got ISFJ... I still don't connect with it... I have no internal YES! When reading the report. I forced myself to look at the 16 personalities example and another site but I still don't feel a connection. My ISFJ friend says she doesn't see it either. Not said to put down who typed me of course! I am just stating information.
I think I am INFP still... but I am open to other thoughts and ideas. I definitely don't want to lie to myself.

They really put me on the spot with what I value...
Cause I wasn't going to unauthentic. I wasn't going to lie.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
1,097 Posts
I think it might take me quite a bit of time to go through this (you were talking about this video on the other thread right?). Unfortunately, my attention span simply isn't long enough, I find my mind is drifting :x I'll need to come back to this to finish... there's also not really a way to skim a video as there aren't timestamps so that I can skip around. I think at around 20:36 you get stuck answering the trolley question, but off of that I do not believe you use any sort of Fe. It was all about how you would feel in their situation and being paralyzed and unable to choose. Pretty clear Fi-Te so you're not an ISFJ. I wonder who exactly that typing company was, I'm sure they weren't very helpful.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks so much for acknowledging my feelings. Your answer about Fi Te gave me tremendous relief. I am VERY interested to see more of what you say.

The trolley question was hard! Wait for the jail one lol... there they thought I used Fe because of caring about the other person?

Yeah its long... thanks so much for caring.
Yeah its hard for ME to stay focused that long also... so no worries!
I sent this to attic also!

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah this IS the video I sent to the company I felt pretty sure I'd get Infp
I jumped through so many ideas with the time era question.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
1,097 Posts
Heh you should be the one helping me with typology. You're the one studying the brain as a subject. x.x

·
Registered
157 Posts
I sometimes feel finding my type is a group effort
Not Fi at all. I even would go so far, that I would say your extraverted judging function is higher than your introverted judging. Now I present my opinion:

1.)Starting off with a simple type theory principle. Introverted Feeling is the connection to one's own feelings and values. It creats an internal value system. Basically it's judging things according to one's preference. "Like it / don't like it". It judges in this form, because feelings are about what you LIKE or DISLIKE e.g: How you feel yourself about things. Obviously, if something feels bad, you don't like it. This is the system FI creates. So, naturally, Fi dominants are very aware of their identity. In fact, this is their base point of everything. Their identity. A Fi dominant has the greatest potential to judge how accurate is something for them. Now what we see from your post and struggle, is that you don't have good self knowledge. As if you don't know yourself well. You can't decide your type on your own, which is very unlikely for someone whose base point should be their own identity. Since Ti do the same, just with internal logical systems, we can say, that you do not fit well with introverted judging functions. Which indicates that you either have it but in a lower level (tertiary or inferior) or you don't have it in your stack. But because you are clearly a feeler, you can't have tert. or inf. Fi. That would be a high Te user. But you are not one. So this way, we reached our second point:

2.)This leaves us to high Fe. Fe users usally don't have too much self knowledge, because their emotional and identitional focus is not introverted, but extraverted. They have much more knowledge about outward emotional ,identical workings. So they generally struggle with correct type assessment. The above quote is supporting this even more, since you don't detach yourself to find answer within yourself (introverted functions), but you extravert your problem and open yourself to other people, e.g: the outside world.(extraverted functions). Fe is about sharing and connecting. Considering how much you connected to others just because of this case, you should not have any doubt that you are a high Fe user. Now, we have a problem from here. Introverted individuals with high extraverted feelings can come across as extraverted individuals. So because your Fe is so high, we cannot decide with just this much information that are you a dominant Fe user or an Auxiliary Fe user. Now you mention that your S function is pretty developed or higher. Intuitives are more detached from Sensing than Sensing is detached from intuition. So if you would be an N, then it would be highly unlikely to feel some kind of closeness with S matters. Because from N's view, the difference is incredibly big. While S people often mistype themselves as N's because they are realistic, but since they are humans, they are capable of some level of abstract thinking.

3.)This brings us to the final point: There are evidences of high Fe, there are evidences of high S functions. So we left with two types: ESFJ or ISFJ. I don't know enough info of you to finalize one of the two, but considering how many people said that you are ISFJ, there is a high statistical chance that you are indeed an ISFJ.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know... i do know myself well... but I also got lost in the research and that made it frustrating... I do care about doing the right thing but that's because I value honesty even with this.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I connect when stressed but that's after having thought about things for myself... I cannot say I dont know myself or how I feel. That wouldn't make sense with who I am.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I say idk in the video its probably because of all the ideas coming to my head. I dont need people to know what I like or not like I dont usually follow what everyone else is doing and when someone is talking to me I'm always checking in with myself.

I appreciate your effort though :)

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MBTI is hard not because I don't know how I feel about things but because its a completely different system to understand myself in.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a group effort cause I get lost in the information.
If someone said ok Adrienne let's find out who you are (in a general sense) cause you don't know... I'd get deeply offended.
I know you are trying to help and I thank you for that I am just letting you know my response so you know... me.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re reading your sentence. Yes I care about going off my identity of who I believe I am that's why I got upset I got ISFJ cause the majority doesn't feel it fits ( I'm not hounding on you just stating a fact). MBTI is pretty confusing and I also come across INFPs that get confused because they aren't enough this or that. Putting this video up is me saying dang... im stressed may people can help me.

But I'm still going to check in after the response.
Separate note
If a majority says something is OK but it doesn't fit with what I like or dislike im not going to do it... unless I find a way its good with my value system.

Like im not going to watch Harry Potter with my friends even if the whole house had a cinema thing because.. well it doesn't line up with what I feel and think.

I would pick up all the brooms in a job even though people leave them all over the place because my value is doing the right thing.

I am constantly figuring out what I like or don't like.

And I dont like being misunderstood 😅 But I am not firing at you. I just want you to know my side of things. I dont like conflict but I also dont like being misunderstood.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also only the company said I was ISFJ and I think one person did my report there is another on this site that says I use Fi a lot.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think the main question you should ask is why you're asking others you don't know to tell you about yourself. You're giving away a lot of your own free will when you let others decide for yourself (even if by asking what your traits are) who you are

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm trying not to sound like a jerk here.. i do value your time and effort...
And I hope I don't upset you because well... i care about people at large. My faith values others but so do I.

I just.. uh.. reading about what you said about Fi I think I am more that.
Fear asks the questions what if your wrong to me

But I can't agree that I have to go to others to know how I feel about something. I know way before I talk to someone.

Again not trying to sound like a jerk her just explaining.

I dont want you to feel like ugh! Why did I help her in the first place. That's because I would feel that reaction to if hounded my all this messages. I would choose that as a response to chooseto define me... but I'd have it.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the main question you should ask is why you're asking others you don't know to tell you about yourself. You're giving away a lot of your own free will when you let others decide for yourself (even if by asking what your traits are) who you are
I guess Im just super stressed... i always feel I haven't research hard enough. I dont want to make a mistake. Cause I value honesty with myself and others.

I hope i don't seem like a tornado on here I definitly don't want to stir things up negatively.

I was hoping someone would say things where things clicked... im just so tired I've been researching this for days... and never feel peace because of what ifs.
I'm not clueless just exhausted. And when exhausted I reach out. Before I posted the video I thought. I'm getting to my wits end.

But of course even if I get an answer ill can it to see if its true to me.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I feel bad I feel i put a lot of pressure on you guys... because I was stressed. Please forgive me.

I am still curious what people have to say...
But I also feel very bad.

I tend to... upset the group by doing what I feel i need sometimes... definitly did it in highschool.

Ugh i feel so embarrassed 😶

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sigh you definitly right about giving up free will. I definitly am one to not like to do that.
At all. If I was in a society where I had to follow the rules of what I can and cannot do and I couldn't choose my own way of life... that would be a nightmare.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
people have gone. You asked for my advice! And I think its not like I follow advice blindly...i have to check in.

If anything I think the person on this thread who typed me as ISFJ ESFJ really helped me! Haha! Because I am putting up a lot of resistance to the Fe idea.

🤣

Happy they said something!
I'm going berserk! 🤣

1 - 20 of 23 Posts