Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
ANimA
1,013 Posts
A woman who can talk to me about gravitational singularity can take me home and lock the door. HA.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Right, none of those really fit. I'm not interested in and never make jokes about any of the things mentioned, I dislike Coke, and a slutty woman talking about robots is the last thing I would pay attention to.

The author seems to think INTP means "typical nerdy LOTR fan."

Dead wrong.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
Right, none of those really fit. I'm not interested in and never make jokes about any of the things mentioned, I dislike Coke, and a slutty woman talking about robots is the last thing I would pay attention to.

The author seems to think INTP means "typical nerdy LOTR fan."

Dead wrong.
Sorry to hear that it didn't fit you.
As for me, I feel like I've been exposed to the world. *groan*

I think people just need to lighten up a bit, it was obviously tongue-in-cheek. And on that basis, a lot of it broadly fit various people I know of the indicated types, enough to make me laugh. Pretty much captured the broad points of my former INFP boyfriend...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry to hear that it didn't fit you.
As for me, I feel like I've been exposed to the world. *groan*

I think people just need to lighten up a bit, it was obviously tongue-in-cheek. And on that basis, a lot of it broadly fit various people I know of the indicated types, enough to make me laugh. Pretty much captured the broad points of my former INFP boyfriend...
Well, glad to know it fits someone at least.
I have to admit the INFP one sounds pretty accurate though. I could easily see one of my INFP friends crying because of a McDonalds advertisement.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
Well, glad to know it fits someone at least.
I have to admit the INFP one sounds pretty accurate though. I could easily see one of my INFP friends crying because of a McDonalds advertisement.
reminds me of the second incarnation in Bedazzled -- the guy that kept crying about the sunset and sang impromptu songs about happy dolphins (so his girlfriend dumped him for guys who would treat her like dirt).

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
reminds me of the second incarnation in Bedazzled -- the guy that kept crying about the sunset and sang impromptu songs about happy dolphins (so his girlfriend dumped him for guys who would treat her like dirt).
Very bold move making a Bedazzled reference. I, of course got it, and now hate myself.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
My INFP bf didn't cry, but he did like looking at pictures of cute animals and calling me pet names in a baby voice.

Did this make you:
a) Throw up?
b) Secretly wish he did it more often?
c) Make you want a silent pet like a sea monkey?
d) Reply with an even more girl baby voice?

Be honest.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
Did this make you:
a) Throw up?
b) Secretly wish he did it more often?
c) Make you want a silent pet like a sea monkey?
d) Reply with an even more girl baby voice?

Be honest.
For me, I found some of the behavior endearing, and some of it like, a 'wtf, can't you get a grip?' Sometimes even both at once.

I mean, he did suck on my toes with a straight face, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had pet names for each of them that he would have whispered to himself inside while recreating tales of our love via fairy tale characters.

The Joni Mitchell reference was literal. (One should toss Indigo Girls in there too.)

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I appreciated the sentiment, I guess... He did it sometimes just because he thought it would annoy me, I think.

He had a theory that my spirit animal was a cat. I used to live in a big open space, so I'd push my bed to wherever the sunlight was coming through the window and take a nap. He got a lot of mileage out of that one.

@Jennywocky

lLOL (literal laugh out loud). Mine liked a lot of loud aggressive music and abstract electronic stuff, but he also liked shoegaze and Brit pop and all of that romantic stuff. The music he made himself was way sensitive and adoorrable.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
He called me "Pookie bear" out loud, with a straight face, in front of other people.

And he would narrate what I was doing. Like "Look Pookie is mad at me now. Meeehh. Always angry and annoyed." or "Pookie likes eating her nutritious breakfast, it makes a bear strong and healthy."

All frickin day like that.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
He called me "Pookie bear" out loud, with a straight face, in front of other people.
lol... mine called me "Jennykitty."

I'm not sure who the girl was in the relationship, to be honest. Maybe that is part of the reason we broke up. I tended to not give quite enough emotional affirmation.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
lol... mine called me "Jennykitty."

I'm not sure who the girl was in the relationship, to be honest. Maybe that is part of the reason we broke up. I tended to not give quite enough emotional affirmation.
If it hadn't been for the sex, I don't know how it would've lasted 6 years...

At least he knew better than to take me too seriously, I guess that was a plus.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
If it hadn't been for the sex, I don't know how it would've lasted 6 years... At least he knew better than to take me too seriously, I guess that was a plus.
We were kind of "Ne" lovers... we played very well together and could make each other laugh. Plus, I didn't have to always drive relational/emotional stuff, I could be more just me. Except I guess I was too much me. Meh.

definitely there weren't many boundaries or hangups there.

Reactions: nadjasix

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
We were kind of "Ne" lovers... we played very well together and could make each other laugh. Plus, I didn't have to always drive relational/emotional stuff, I could be more just me. Except I guess I was too much me. Meh.

definitely there weren't many boundaries or hangups there.
Yeah, exactly. We had a lot of aesthetic interests in common and we laughed a lot. No Ti connection whatsoever, though, and I definitely need a lot of that. It was the kind of relationship that you fall into when you're young (I was 19) and don't know who you are yet. One day you wake up and realize you're a completely different person than you were when you first met.

We're on speaking terms, wasn't a big blowout breakup or anything. I want him to find a nice girl who will appreciate his incessant suffocating cutesy affection more than I did.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.