Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i found this article written by @MBTI Enthusiast, and i couldn't find anything about MBTI types in our countries. Or maybe i just don't know how to use the search yet :tongue: but nevertheless, i thought it would be a good idea to start a discussion on this.

There aren't that many theories on the Internet over personality types in modern countries, but i did find one from whichmbtitype.com, here. Because i understand that some of you may be a little too lazy to click the link above (i can be quite lazy too, you're not alone :p), here's the list the admin of the site made:

Canada- ESFJ
England- ISTJ
USA- ENTJ
Australia- ESTP
Germany- ISTJ
Italy- ESFP
Ireland- ESTP
France- INFP
Germany- INTJ
New Zealand- ESFP
Spain- ESFP
Wales- ISFJ
South Africa- ESTP
Japan- INFP
China- ESTJ
Singapore- ISTP
Sweden- INFJ
Brazil- ESFP
India- INTP
Netherlands- ENFP
Phillipines- ESFP
Finland- INFP
Norway- INFJ
Peru- ENTP
Poland- ISFJ
Czech Republic- ISFJ
Lithuania- ESTP
Indonesia- ENFP
Romania- INFJ
Belgium- ISFP
Hungary- ISTP
Malaysia- ESTP
Switzerland- INFJ
Turkey- ESFJ
Denmark- INFJ
Republic of Korea- INFP
Slovakia- ISTJ
Croatia- ISTP
Mexico- ESFP
Greece- ENFJ
Austria- ISTP
Serbia- ISTP
Russia- ESTJ
Israel- ENTP

Any thoughts? Discuss below!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
INFJs always seem like a hard type for me to get along with, but the INFJ countries on the list all seem to be ones I'd like living in. Perhaps INFJs are worth putting up with. Typism aside, where would Denmark be on this list? INFX? I knew some people from there, but have never visited it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
United States is definitely not ENTJ. It is a Te machine, but it's ESTJ, not ENTJ. Traditional (Si) but with a strong innovative bent (Ne) but not very transformative aside from those sparks of innovation, and isn't based in the future or long term plans like an NJ. "Global Warming might be a problem? Who cares, that would be 80 years from now".

Of course, regional cultures will differ (Southern culture is very xSFJ mixed with xSTP).

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hmm here's what I would say

USA- ESTJ - Likes to assert power and dominance, likes to control and manage all other countries and have influence everywhere, makes rash decisions sometimes, heavily traditional

England- ISTJ - Traditional and hardworking, not really exciting but entices a lot of people due to stability and strength in times of crisis, just don't let it be anywhere near the stove!

Germany- ENTJ - Seems introverted to everyone but actually runs on Te. Chooses to assert its power financially rather than with war, also has lots of scientists and can be kinda cruel sometimes

France- INFP - Radiates quirky zaniness, very Fi based, famous for pastries and cuisine, unique culture

Mexico- ISTP - Has a lot of heavy rock/metal bands, full of adrenaline seeking activities and insanely spicy food, likes really macabre things like Dia de los Muertos

Canada- ENFJ - America's much calmer cousin; a good boy who tries to do everything right and hide the fact that it's actually really quirky on the inside

Brazil- ESFP - Fun-loving country full of spontaneity. Famous for beach bodies and warm weather, really good at football so obviously a sensor

Argentina- ESFJ - Super loud and emotional, family oriented, does stupid things on impulse when faced with conflict

Japan- INFJ - Quirky but insanely organized, polite, true to its inner self, even if it freaks other people out

Uruguay- ISFP - Bleeding heart hippie who wished he could just separate himself from the rest of South America and be where he TRULY belongs; Scandinavia

Colombia- ESFJ - Hyper polite, loves dancing and different forms of music, sometimes flies off the rails Britney Spears-style, untypically disorganized for ESFJ but would be really stable if it could hold itself together better

Peru- ENFP - A seemingly traditional, unexciting country who is actually secretly a nerd obsessed with k-pop, surfing, cooking, and architecture

India- INTP - Stereotypical nerd who studies all day and is very quiet and reserved

China- INTJ - Similar to India except a lot better organized

Spain- ESTP - Exciting, unpredictable, fiery, but also has a habit of making stupid rash decisions and then regretting the consequences for long periods of time

Italy- ESFJ - Family oriented, very loud, hugely popular, excels in sports

Netherlands- INFP - Quirky bohemian artist who spends all his days in..."cafes"

Ethiopia- INFJ - Quirky eccentric emotional type who is famous for wearing interesting costumes and has a cult following

Thailand- ENFP - Smiles all the time, high energy, very contradictory since in some ways it's extremely traditional but in other ways it loves wild parties and insanely spicy food

Bhutan- INFP - They rate their country by the "Gross Happiness Index", that's literally the most INFP thing ever

Cuba- ENTP - Insanely loud, argues about politics all the time, always disagreeing with the crowd even when it's surrounded

Israel- ENTP - Essentially the same as Cuba, except a lot more controversial

Turkey- ESTJ - Traditional, asserts its power status by bullying small countries around it, not afraid to use force when someone disagrees

Russia- INTJ - Cold and unfriendly, measures its moves out and can be really cruel to countries it doesnt like

Paraguay- ISFP - Very mysterious, tiny country with a really really sad history, but despite that it tries to keep its head up high

Sweden- INFP - Super liberal and unconventional, famous for ABBA and Eurodance groups

Jamaica- ISFP - Musical, high all the time, quirky, has a personality cult

Vietnam- ISTJ - Hardworking, traditional, quiet and reserved

Finland- INTP - Reserved and quiet, liberal, peaceful, famous for computer games

Norway- INTP - Super liberal, quiet, a bit cold, but has its shit in order

Dominican Republic- ESFP - Loud, good-looking, great sense of rhythm, knows more dances than you can count on your fingers, warm

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Canada, and i used to think we were pure ESFJ, but then i re-thought it (i really don't like to re-think things now, so this means that something seriously changed in my environment, such as getting people i know to take the test and knowing that most of them got NF types...) and decided on ENFJ. We are traditional, but more J traditional than S traditional. We follow rules carefully, but we are also really focused on innovation and such. It's hard to explain. But it turns out that my ISFJ friend who decided that Canada is mostly ENFJ was right -_- now i gotta let her win lol.
@JacksonHeights wow cool list! I love how you phrased it haha. and i especially agree with Brazil being ESFP, except for the fact that you don't have to be a Sensor to be goot at football or any sport. If you're an N type, all you need is to be good at switching to using your Sensing skills. And games can get really complicated, too; Sensors have to switch on their iNtuitive side a lot to beat defenders, spot various ways the attacker could pass or dribble, and then use their Sensing to act on those instincts. But yeah, Brazil is still ESFP, and i can see how Argentina is ESFJ.

·
Registered
812 Posts
India INTP? Based on what, the nerds of South Asian origin you see in your western countries? I'm guessing most of you haven't even watched a documentary on India, let alone visited it lol. It's one of the most extroverted, passionate countries on earth. ENFP or ESFP definitely. I wouldn't pick Canada as extroverted either, they seem kinda friendly but reserved, I'd say ISFJ since they tend to like harmony. My own country of Australia would be ESTJ or ESTP.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
India INTP? Based on what, the nerds of South Asian origin you see in your western countries? I'm guessing most of you haven't even watched a documentary on India, let alone visited it lol. It's one of the most extroverted, passionate countries on earth. ENFP or ESFP definitely. I wouldn't pick Canada as extroverted either, they seem kinda friendly but reserved, I'd say ISFJ since they tend to like harmony. My own country of Australia would be ESTJ or ESTP.
I agree on India being E, although i don't know what else, because i don't know much about it. Oh, and since i do know at least a little more about Canada seeing as i live there rn, i think we're slightly more extraverted. There are some kind, reserved introverts that seem INFJ or ISFJ, but there are more outgoing, enthusiastic ExFJs. And what's surprising is how balanced out the N/S scale is - it's probably something like 50.5% N and 49.5% S.

·
Registered
ENTJ 3w2-5w6-9w8 so/sp
1,184 Posts
ISTP for Austria seems pretty close but I'd rather go for ISFP

The stereotypical Austrian can argue for a long time about his morals that other people don't really understand, doesn't really like to try anything foreign or new and keeps more to himself.
There's also the cliche that Austrians take very long to complete anything.

^ This is only the stereotype but there are really a lot of ISFPs here. Ps in general. And I also think that there are a few more feelers than thinkers.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking that China might be xSTJ. It's hard to say whether there are more introverts or extraverts there. I've only been to the urban areas, and that's a lot different from the rural, so i can't decide on this one yet.

America is definitely ESTJ, and the second type should be ENTJ, or maybe ESFJ. (Social expectations - all males are expected to be ESTJ and all females are expected to be ESFJ, and this can be really hurtful sometimes, but it's true.)

·
Registered
812 Posts
I agree on India being E, although i don't know what else, because i don't know much about it. Oh, and since i do know at least a little more about Canada seeing as i live there rn, i think we're slightly more extraverted. There are some kind, reserved introverts that seem INFJ or ISFJ, but there are more outgoing, enthusiastic ExFJs. And what's surprising is how balanced out the N/S scale is - it's probably something like 50.5% N and 49.5% S.
Yeah, Indians can be really friendly, talk to strangers.etc. I've actually never been, but I know a lot of Indians, and I've been to Sri Lanka which is one of the friendliest countries I've been to. Compared to most first world countries I find people in Asia are more communal, social (then again I was a tourist) than those in wealthy, mostly western countries. I've met many friendly Canadians, but I guess them being more individualistic and private makes them seem introverted, when it might just be the way the society is set up.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, Indians can be really friendly, talk to strangers.etc. I've actually never been, but I know a lot of Indians, and I've been to Sri Lanka which is one of the friendliest countries I've been to. Compared to most first world countries I find people in Asia are more communal, social (then again I was a tourist) than those in wealthy, mostly western countries. I've met many friendly Canadians, but I guess them being more individualistic and private makes them seem introverted, when it might just be the way the society is set up.
I see what you mean. In elementary school, they teach us to be individualistic and to find our own identity, which sounds really NF, i know. But maybe because most of us are NF. And yes, a lot of us are very private with sharing our lives with others. It's like our Introversion/Extraversion is pretty balanced, as well. I tried conducting an MBTI survey on people in my grade earlier (before realizing it's never going to be that accurate without the functions and the functions are too complicated to explain to people uninterested in psychology), and SO MANY of them picked INFJ. It's not as reliable as using the functions, but it's more reliable than me picking out types for them. A lot of people got ENFJ and INFP and ENFP as well. Sooo many more Idealists than i'd first thought.

I've never been to Sri Lanka either, but it's like these Asian/Middle East countries are all seen as somewhat aloof by the rest of the world while they're actually really fun and outgoing. It's kind of strange, don't you think?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm thinking that China might be xSTJ. It's hard to say whether there are more introverts or extraverts there. I've only been to the urban areas, and that's a lot different from the rural, so i can't decide on this one yet.

America is definitely ESTJ, and the second type should be ENTJ, or maybe ESFJ. (Social expectations - all males are expected to be ESTJ and all females are expected to be ESFJ, and this can be really hurtful sometimes, but it's true.)
Ugh I know :/ everyone here always assumes Im gay because I am very emotional and care about people's feelings and actually take care of my appearance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Australia as ESTP works well, but from my experience she's really strong on the T and the P.

When I think of stereotypical Australia I can almost split her into two strands (possibly from my experience in academia and the arts), but Thinking and Perceiving are still present (and strong).

Possibly because of the culture of "she'll be right" and the idea of speaking our minds/being rather brash?

·
Registered
812 Posts
I see what you mean. In elementary school, they teach us to be individualistic and to find our own identity, which sounds really NF, i know. But maybe because most of us are NF. And yes, a lot of us are very private with sharing our lives with others. It's like our Introversion/Extraversion is pretty balanced, as well. I tried conducting an MBTI survey on people in my grade earlier (before realizing it's never going to be that accurate without the functions and the functions are too complicated to explain to people uninterested in psychology), and SO MANY of them picked INFJ. It's not as reliable as using the functions, but it's more reliable than me picking out types for them. A lot of people got ENFJ and INFP and ENFP as well. Sooo many more Idealists than i'd first thought.

I've never been to Sri Lanka either, but it's like these Asian/Middle East countries are all seen as somewhat aloof by the rest of the world while they're actually really fun and outgoing. It's kind of strange, don't you think?
Most of whom are NFs, your peers? I'd doubt that, since NFs are a small minority. I think a lot of people are tested wrongly, anyway, it's easy to test as an intuitive in many of those online tests. You have to look at the functions too. You might find that in certain fields like the arts, though.

I'd say it's more complex than that, each country is different, and it will depend on the person at hand. Many of these societies are very conservative, so that dictates things a lot. For instance, in India and Sri Lanka men will be much more likely to approach you because talking to foreigners is not something a good Indian girl does (well when it comes to men, especially). But that doesn't necessarily make them aloof or unfriendly. Some Indians will seem very open, some sort of suspicious, and of course as in many countries you have to watch out for people taking advantage of you. But overall yes, I'd say it's easier to connect and really get to know people on a human level in many of these countries than in developed nations.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ugh I know :/ everyone here always assumes Im gay because I am very emotional and care about people's feelings and actually take care of my appearance
Aw, that is really sad :sad: i hate it when people stereotype others. And besides, it's not like all guys lack emotion and all girls are way too squealy or whatever. Have you ever seen an 8th grade boy spaz out over getting beaten in FIFA, or an 8th grade girl unenthusiastically saying "yay, i'm too used to this" when her favourite team just won their tenth consecutive league game? (Just assuming that you like soccer/football from your profile pic :happy:)

It's totally fine to be aware of your appearance. There's nothing wrong with having a good social image. and people really shouldn't just think that - i mean, i didn't give a gram about my hair being too messy every day until i realized that i should probably start trying to look at least not sloppy, lol.

Believe me, i like guys who are sensitive and caring more than guys who try to fit into the mold and try to be "cool" and "chill" and whatnot. There's, like, at least three ENFP guys i know who try to be something like ENTP.

Seriously. Masculinity is not defined by lack of emotions or a lack of care for your own appearance.

It's sad. But even though i'm just a stranger on the internet, i support you and absolutely refuse the idea of thinking someone is gay because they are emotional and sensitive and socially self-aware. Know that in your hard times, at least there's this one random stranger from Canada who you've never met, who is with you in your battles against prejudice :proud:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Most of whom are NFs, your peers? I'd doubt that, since NFs are a small minority. I think a lot of people are tested wrongly, anyway, it's easy to test as an intuitive in many of those online tests. You have to look at the functions too. You might find that in certain fields like the arts, though.

Idk, the functions really seem to fit them, though. And i'm just in regular elementary school, so no specific fields here. And remember, all those stats about NFs being a minority and ISFJ being 13.8 percent were from 1972 to 2002...33-13 years ago...the year my mom was born to the year i was born :laughing: so it's kinnnnnnda outdated haha. And those were all from the US, so the rest of the world is kind of a mystery that we're trying to solve here :)

...The estimated frequency table was compiled from a variety of MBTI® results from 1972 through 2002...
- The Myers & Briggs Foundation - How Frequent Is My Type
I'd say it's more complex than that, each country is different, and it will depend on the person at hand. Many of these societies are very conservative, so that dictates things a lot. For instance, in India and Sri Lanka men will be much more likely to approach you because talking to foreigners is not something a good Indian girl does (well when it comes to men, especially). But that doesn't necessarily make them aloof or unfriendly. Some Indians will seem very open, some sort of suspicious, and of course as in many countries you have to watch out for people taking advantage of you. But overall yes, I'd say it's easier to connect and really get to know people on a human level in many of these countries than in developed nations.
I really don't know anything about the Middle East and i also don't know too much about Asia, but thanks for the helpful info :happy:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Idk, the functions really seem to fit them, though. And i'm just in regular elementary school, so no specific fields here. And remember, all those stats about NFs being a minority and ISFJ being 13.8 percent were from 1972 to 2002...33-13 years ago...the year my mom was born to the year i was born :laughing: so it's kinnnnnnda outdated haha. And those were all from the US, so the rest of the world is kind of a mystery that we're trying to solve here :)

I really don't know anything about the Middle East and i also don't know too much about Asia, but thanks for the helpful info :happy:
Wow you're only 13? haha. TBH I think it's still a bit young to really be sure of your type, though your personality kind of is quite set from an early age, I think, it sort of just matures, like cheese or wine.

Not sure if you've seen the estimates of percentages for each type. SJs are far more common than NFs, with NTs being the least.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Aw, that is really sad :sad: i hate it when people stereotype others. And besides, it's not like all guys lack emotion and all girls are way too squealy or whatever. Have you ever seen an 8th grade boy spaz out over getting beaten in FIFA, or an 8th grade girl unenthusiastically saying "yay, i'm too used to this" when her favourite team just won their tenth consecutive league game? (Just assuming that you like soccer/football from your profile pic :happy:)

It's totally fine to be aware of your appearance. There's nothing wrong with having a good social image. and people really shouldn't just think that - i mean, i didn't give a gram about my hair being too messy every day until i realized that i should probably start trying to look at least not sloppy, lol.

Believe me, i like guys who are sensitive and caring more than guys who try to fit into the mold and try to be "cool" and "chill" and whatnot. There's, like, at least three ENFP guys i know who try to be something like ENTP.

Seriously. Masculinity is not defined by lack of emotions or a lack of care for your own appearance.

It's sad. But even though i'm just a stranger on the internet, i support you and absolutely refuse the idea of thinking someone is gay because they are emotional and sensitive and socially self-aware. Know that in your hard times, at least there's this one random stranger from Canada who you've never met, who is with you in your battles against prejudice :proud:
You already seem smarter than most people who are over 20! It's true, I think we have to end this form of prejudice, since I bet there are also a lot of not so emotional girls who feel upset that they don't fit into stereotypes. I get what you mean about the hair, usually people look at your outward appearance first so you want to give off a good impression so that people don't think youre lazy :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
Indonesia = ENFP? We seriously aren't intuitive. We are rebellious and will never be pleased with the government but I'm sure we aren't ENFP. Maybe ESFP?

And China = ESTJ sounds so accurate.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts