Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came on here as an ESFJ, but ENFJ sounds a lot like me, too. How do I decide between the N and the S?

As a kid, I was very imaginative and creative, so maybe I'm really an N. But as an adult I'm more of a concrete thinker, focusing on what is, which I guess is more of an S trait. But I do sometimes finding myself shifting back briefly to my N tendencies (but only briefly).

*shrug*

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Meh, I think I was right the first time...the ENFJs on these boards are too..fluffy, haha. Not that I don't love it, it's just not me...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well, the big difference between ENFJs and ESFJs is the Ni-Se axis, versus the Si-Ne, respectively.

Ni focuses more on interaction and how they will influence the world on the long run. They focus more on a general and holistic view. Si looks more into cause and effect, and how they will defend themselves and other people against the world. They care more about the practice and impact.

Basically, it's potential vs validation. Do you feel that you care more about what people will think about you, and what they take from you (ENFJ)? Or is it more focused on experience, where you care about the impact that you have created on people (ESFJ)?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust and INTP to be the one to respond... :D I like you guys!

Yeah, based on what you've said above, I can see the Si in myself more than the Ni...

Reactions: Jorge

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ni focuses more on interaction and how they will influence the world on the long run. They focus more on a general and holistic view. Si looks more into cause and effect, and how they will defend themselves and other people against the world. They care more about the practice and impact.
I disagree with that assessment? Isn't Ni an introverted function and so it would not deal with interaction with the outside world/influencing it? Wouldn't Ne be the more general view and Ni the more deeper view? Also isn't Si introverted and so nothing to do with dealing with other people so much?

Do you feel that you care more about what people will think about you, and what they take from you (ENFJ)? Or is it more focused on experience, where you care about the impact that you have created on people (ESFJ)?
I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion that the N and S perceiving functions make you care about stuff?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
With regards to the difference between Ni and Ne.

Both are internally focused functions. However dominant Ne will be extroverted and thus stimulus seekers.

Ne has a focus in developing alternate possibilities by reviewing past ideas. It is an idea machine

Ni has a focus on taking beginnings and end and seeing alternate routes between ideas. It likes to know the beginning and end points and is almost subconcious.

Ne is an idea extrapolator. Ni is an idea interpolator.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Both statements are made to Ni and Si with relation to ENFJ/ESFJ, not as singular objects. It would be useless to define an auxiliary function, if the role of the dominant function is ignored.

I disagree with that assessment? Isn't Ni an introverted function and so it would not deal with interaction with the outside world/influencing it? Wouldn't Ne be the more general view and Ni the more deeper view?
Ni is an introverted function, yes, but it is also a perceiving one. It recollects information from outside objects, and its role is to give an answer to questions provided by external views. In the case of ENFJs, it provides new answers into the understanding of sympathy and other people's feelings.

Also isn't Si introverted and so nothing to do with dealing with other people so much?

I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion that the N and S perceiving functions make you care about stuff?
They do not. This conclusion is derived only for ENFJs, who have a dominant Fe. It is useless to detail the differences between Ni and Si if they are not made in relation with Fe, the dominant function. Ni and Si will serve a different approach if we were talking about ENTJs, and they would be much more different if we were defining INTJs, INFJs, ISTJs and ISFJs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts