Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Shelly, from Minnesota, and I'm going to be 41 years old in a few weeks. I joined this group because I love talking to like minded people who have similar personalities, and since I am a nonconformist/outsider I tend to have a hard time with this in real life. Hoping to make new friends here, preferrably ones closeby so we can meet in real life too!

I "live" in Minnesota but spend 6 weeks out of 8 in North Dakota at my job, i'm a prep cook at a man camp on the oil fields in Williston, North Dakota. Some of you might have heard about the oil boom here, well that's where I am, taking part in history and earning a lot of money doing it! I work 84 hours a week so I won't have a whole lot of time to post while I'm here but should have more time on my 2 week breaks every other month! I've been here for over a year now and I love it. I love working with food, I love working nights (7pm-7am), I love having a free place to live and free food!

My favorite things in life are music, travelling, reading, learning, spending time alone (although I wish I had a travel buddy!), spirituality, metaphysics, movies (mostly documentaries), being in nature, organic food, I could go on! I was raised Catholic but am now just spiritual, I have dabbled in Wicca so I guess I'd say that's what I am more than anything. I have spent most of the last 5 or 6 years opening my mind and awakening to a lot of things, becoming enlightened (or trying to be! lol).

I am single with no kids, and I don't want any, but it's nearly getting too late for me anyway LOL I would like a boyfriend though. I haven't had many of those partly due to wasting a LOT of time waiting around for certain guys, or fending off the ones who only want one thing...and i'm not into using people, I want to experience true healthy love, so hopefully that will happen for me before i'm old and gray LOL

One of my dreams in life has been to live in an RV and travel the country, although that dream hit a road block recently when I realized my SUV cannot tow decent RV's that are self contained and have bathrooms, etc. which I would need. I would like to find a boyfriend or at least another female travel buddy to do this with (each have our own RV's, well unless it's the boyfriend, then we can share LOL). I've also considered living in a commune or going off the grid in a self contained solar powered small home. With my current job though, either of those options aren't possible, I don't want to quit because it's such good money here and it's the first job I've had that I can say I loved. I wish there were 2 of me, one to earn the money and the other to enjoy life the way I want to! lol

Oh boy I think i'm getting dangerously close to telling my life story here so I better stop...gotta get to bed anyway...

It's great to be here and again I look forward to making some new friends here!

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Earth Goddess and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Earth Goddess. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hello by the first human being who's answering to your topic! (Sorry, Mr.Cafebot, LOL!).
I'm another Ni dominant, an INTJ :) I joined the forum for similar reasons, it's just lovely to find people with similar minds and way of acting. I noticed many INFJs are very spiritual ... (think about Gandhi) while many INTJs are agnostic or atheist. Is it that a coincidence?

Reactions: Phantomhive

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sometimes when feel captured by money and things that tries to devour my dreams, I tend to watch movieclips like these-

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
Hey, welcome to PerC !!!

I realized my SUV cannot tow decent RV's that are self contained and have bathrooms, etc. which I would need.
Not true... look at one of these:

Aliner - The original A-frame pop up camper

Folding Trailers | Travel Trailers | Truck Campers : Chalet RV (look at their A frames)

Both are hard sided pop-up campers that go up in under 60 seconds. You can outfit them with Solar panels and a chem toilet for off-grid living.

They are PRICEY though.

The nice thing is you can pull them with a standard SUV. There are plenty of articles online about converting them toward total off-grid living/boondocking. Page Index to cheapGREENrvliving.com

Another site I like is Little Diggs: LittleDiggs It's great for ideas and inspiration.

Enjoy,

-ZDD

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello by the first human being who's answering to your topic! (Sorry, Mr.Cafebot, LOL!).
I'm another Ni dominant, an INTJ :) I joined the forum for similar reasons, it's just lovely to find people with similar minds and way of acting. I noticed many INFJs are very spiritual ... (think about Gandhi) while many INTJs are agnostic or atheist. Is it that a coincidence?
Something just told me this was a good forum for people like us! I agree, it seems certain personalities tend to be more spiritual than others!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow thanks for all the links Zombie!! I'm not too into the idea of having a chem toilet, although it should be something i'm into, i'm still a girl that likes to be able to take care of myself which is much easier in a normal bathroom LOL But i will definately check these links out next time I get a chance! Running late for work now. Thank you!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked out those links, Zombie...I found ONE trailer out of all those that I MIGHT be able to pull, so i'll check more into that one! That cheap green rv living page is exactly what I was looking for!! So much wonderful resources on there, thank you so much for finding these for me! :wink:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Welcome and namaste from a fellow spiritual seeker :happy:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!! :happy:

...I dont like these smiley's, they look like gray play dough babies LOL What the hell!

These smilies should recall Mr. CafeBot, the website mascot. *Ni at work*

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
At first I thought "oh, hey, an ISFP! Welcome!" and then I looked at your profile and thought "well, maybe not..." Still, welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy your time here!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At first I thought "oh, hey, an ISFP! Welcome!" and then I looked at your profile and thought "well, maybe not..." Still, welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy your time here!
I actually feel like I am pretty close to a few of the other types, I feel like it is too restricting to label someone as only one type.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts