Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back! Wow, it's been a while ENFPs! I thought I'd give you guys some time to breathe by spreading out my thread questions. This time around I'm asking you to:

Name some of your favourite songs?

There's absolutely no limit, the more the merrier! Do not let previous posts discourage you from repeating a song that means a lot to you or that you really enjoy.

[Optional] If there is a song that particularly strikes a chord with you I encourage you to speak on what you love about it!

I do realize this can be a bit of project, so feel free to come back in sessions if you don't want to make a master post! Seriously, I understand it can be a lot of work! XD

As a way of reducing some of the chaos that may ensue I propose if there is an artist you love/generally enjoy, just indicate in some manner so you don't have to list every song by them.

I expect there will be a variety of answers for two reasons:

1. Generation tends to have a small bearing on music taste

2. I've come to find ENFPs have an expansive taste in music​

[I will be participating myself at some point! ^^ ]

As always, I greatly appreciate the amazing participation and effort turn out on your forum to my questions, you guys are the best!

Thanks! :3

·
Registered
137 Posts
Depends on my mood really. At this moment:
Hells Bells - ACDC
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
Wish you were here - Pink Floyd

Reactions: Hei

·
Registered
63 Posts
Each song will start with the part I like the most (you know how whenever you suggest a song to someone in real life, and you wait so eagerly for that part that you just love to start playing. THAT!!) (EDIT: apparently perC doesn't allow that). Okay, without any further ado:

Night Beds - Faithful Heights (0:35)
(This song makes me break into tears. It's just so beautiful)

Phil Collins - Strangers Like Me (1:52)

Billy Joel - Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) (0:26)

Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue (1:37)
(I especially like the live version because I can literally hear him smile so wide)

Ed Sheeran - Don't (2:13)
(Knock, knock, knock)

This initially consisted of 18 songs, and hmph, personality cafe has limited me to only 5. Sigh. Thank you for allowing me to share some of my favourite songs with you! What are some of your own favourites, OP?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I adore the songs of Laura Marling. With favourites being:

"Devil's Spoke" - All of this can be broken/Hold your devil by his spoke and spin him to the ground.
"Master Hunter" - You're not sad you look for the blues/I have some news/Wrestling the rope from darkness is no fucking life that I would choose!

Though there aren't many of her songs I dislike. They're cerebral, haunting and beautiful. I especially love her evident knowledge of mythology and how she weaves them in to her songs without sounding pretentious.

I'm also a fan of Florence + the Machine. Again, her songs are powerfully written, whilst that voice always makes me feel.

Lastly, I'd list a few songs by Peggy Sue. Another British band, they have a set of wonderfully poetic and haunting lyrics too. My favourites by them are (in no particular order):

"Funeral Beat"
"Shadows"
"Watchman"
"February Snow"
"Idle"
"Just the Night"

My current obsession is the works of R.E.M. For me, it's usually your lyrics that make a song, the poet in me is always enthralled by beautiful lyrics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts