Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha...Here is a thread for the rashy, red nosed and headachy INTJ:crazy:

I have noticed through being here that a lot of us have different senitivities from perfumes, foods and substances.....

I have a fairly substantial list so I will name the ones that irritate me the most.

Salicylates, Glutamates and Amines....an intolerance/allergy which involves a balancing act with food
Azo dyes...the bright colours in foods.
latex...dammit.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
synthetic fragrances
tetracycline
erythromycine

and the one the drives me really nuts... aspartame.... i can't drink a diet coke without ending up with a migraine that lasts for days

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
I've got a very sensitive allergy to the dairy protein casein. Much worse than lactose intolerance, and far more irritating. Why does everything have dairy in it?

Reactions: beth x

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a very sensitive allergy to the dairy protein casein. Much worse than lactose intolerance, and far more irritating. Why does everything have dairy in it?
My son had this and grew out of it young....thankfully
Everything does seem to have dairy, or traces of...annoying!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I don't seem to have allergies to pollen or to animal hair. As far as medications go, I'm allergic to penicillin.

The following allergies have not been verified by a diagnostic test as of yet, also, some of them would be classified not as allergies but as intolerance or merely sensitivity:

- soy
- gluten
- casein
- lactose
- fructose
- sugars in general and artificial sweeteners though I seem to feel fine with Stevia
- yeast
- black pepper
- I also stay away from mono-sodium glutamate

- I minimize consumption of corn and peanuts to avoid potential exposure to mycotoxins
- I minimize consumption of beans unless I have a digestive enzyme handy which contains alpha-glactosidase

- dust really irritates my skin

Soy ingestion of even minute amounts causes me dull, painful migraine headaches and also painless migraines (scintillating scotoma). I seriously can't even kiss someone who has chewed gum containing soy lecithin or eaten it- if so, I WILL get a dull, painful migraine.

My digestive tract has never liked gluten or casein, which are wheat and milk proteins similar in molecular composition to opioids. (inflammation, bloating, gas, loose stool, dehydration, fatigue, dermatitis, vivid dreams, schizophrenic auditory hallucinations, panic attacks). I thank the mythical gods that those things don't occur anymore. I do miss the vivid dreams, but at least I don't have nightmares or feel anxiety in my dreams, anymore.

My digestive tract and sinuses have never liked lactose, i.e. milk sugar, (causes ear, nose and throat issues like sneezing, colds, sinusitis, ear infections and other throat infections). My father has sinus allergies which also diminish when he reduces how much dairy he consumes, however I have to stay on a strict dairy-free diet. If I start sneezing soon after eating then I know with surety that there was a trace amount of dairy in what I just ate. The only other thing that makes me sneeze is how the bright outdoor sun causes me to initially squint, nostrils flare up, and *ACHOO!* only once.

Due to fructose malabsorption, I cannot eat anything which contains more fructose than glucose (ratio must be 1:1 or 1:1+) which means no tomatos, no onions, no asparagus, no dates or figs, no apples or pears, no agave, no inulin, no honey, etc. unless I accompany the ingestion with an amount of glucose equal to or greater than the fructans or fructose content. Result of too much fructose is osmotic diarrhea = nutrient loss + dehydration. D: I apparently can consume dextrose with fructose to help my digestive lining absorb the fructose correctly; I read the account of someone who actually eats the candies Smarties or Sweet Tarts with meals to help facilitate this since they contain dextrose. Fortunately, I can eat berries and citrus fruits with no problem- which are my favorites, anyway.

I also can't eat too high an amount of any refined sugars or yeast per day of any kind, or else my health tangibly suffers (fatigue, drowsiness, ear problems, etc). I can simply look at my tongue to see the result of consuming too much sugar- if it's perfectly pink, I've been conforming to the low sugar diet correctly, but if there is a whitish film I have been eating too much. It can take me about a week to get sugar levels back to normal if I don't indulge cravings. I am investigating whether these troubles with sugar could be related to my high cortisol levels which result from stress (see final comment at the end).

It's very difficult to get a test verifiable diagnosis of candidemia from a medical doctor, so I've been diagnosing and treating myself over the past 10 years with very drastic improvements as I remove more and more irritants and allergens from my diet. It appears to me that my digestive tract and immune system have yet to fully recover from a history of sporadic oral antibiotic treatments. I finally can maintain my body weight and things should continue to improve once I start an allergen free multi-vitamin regimen.

Last but not least, I'm allergic to stress. =Þ My body tends to operate on high cortisol levels as a result of chronic stress, which can affect my metabolism especially regarding fluctuating blood glucose levels. I typically feel and function much better when not around my spouse, which is why I should stay single (or at least marry someone more responsible than me)! If I ever happen to be tested as diabetic or pre-diabetic like my grandmother, I wouldn't let it phase me, I'd just start doing yoga and following daily exercise and stress relief routines while adhering to the diet which I know works for me.

Reactions: tooboku and beth x

·
Registered
560 Posts
Lactose, fish sauce and antihistamine.
I find it ironic to be allergic to histamine-suppressants.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I have had allergic reactions to Stillnox, St. John's Wart, Abilify, and Zoloft... all of which made me very very unwell.

@ Sweet Surrender- Stevia is a natural product. I have a stevia plant growing in my backyard.

The following I have intolerances to:

Soap
Artificial fragrances
Coriander
Full cream milk
Wax beauty products
Makeup (I know I know!! I still wear it though)
Beauty products in general it appears
The majority of laundry powders and liquids
Aluminum based products
Artificial colours and flavors + additives- it effects my bipolar really badly

ENFPs.... jokes jokes.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
ENFPs.... jokes jokes.
HAAA HAHAHAHA! :crazy:

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten that I've only used laundry detergents and dryer sheets for sensitive skin (sans fragrance) like ALL Free 'n Clear, for example, ever since I got my first job and could afford to buy my own stuff, which was like age 17, so 12 years. Which is hilarious, because that's how long I've known my ENFP. So, HE must be what's been making my skin itch! Toooooo funny...

I have to use lotion for sensitive skin that also doesn't have any fragrance or dyes, ever since age 9. Silly me for forgetting.

Anyone here bothered by Annatto? I'm wondering if I am, but I'm not eager to experiment with that right now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nothing, really. When I was four I had over a dozen different allergies, which gradually decreased to zero around age 13. A transition from ecto to mesomorphy coincided.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
HAAA HAHAHAHA! :crazy:

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten that I've only used laundry detergents and dryer sheets for sensitive skin (sans fragrance) like ALL Free 'n Clear, for example, ever since I got my first job and could afford to buy my own stuff, which was like age 17, so 12 years. Which is hilarious, because that's how long I've known my ENFP. So, HE must be what's been making my skin itch! Toooooo funny...

I have to use lotion for sensitive skin that also doesn't have any fragrance or dyes, ever since age 9. Silly me for forgetting.

Anyone here bothered by Annatto? I'm wondering if I am, but I'm not eager to experiment with that right now.
ummmmmm....hehe...ummmmm.....my intolerances turned to allergies whilst living with ENFP and strangely within a few weeks of peace returned to intolerances again...just sayin':wink:

Stress tends to be the major catalyst for me too.....indeed.

post edit: Annato is pretty well known to cause problems for sensitive people ..it was something I avoided just because I avoid red food but never took the time to figure if I could have it.

here is some lovely bedtime reading o__O http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info/factsheets/Factsleep.htm

·
Registered
569 Posts
I suspect I have a very mild allergy to a specific red food dye. I have not encountered it in probably a decade though so I am not really sure.

·
Registered
532 Posts
- Penicillin, because some quack over-prescribed it when I was little.
- Anti-bacterial soap give me urticaria.
- Moisturisers - I can only put aloe vera gel on before bed, otherwise I wake up with a red face (like sunburn...feels like it too) and swollen eyes. Some of them give me eczema as well.
- Shampoos - I can only use Gill for dry scalps otherwise I get eczema...on my scalp.
- Dust
...don't think there's anything else.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Me neither, we're super robots! Nothing can penetrate our superior metal armor, rawr! :tongue:
WTF are ya doing in the allergy thread then? Taking notes to bring us all down?

"There can be only one":wink:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts