1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just said top 3 to give structure, but you can do what the hell you want

For me they were:
1. ENTP
I knew I was intuitive, and I had no idea what the difference between ENTP and ENFP were when I first started beyond just the respective letter. My Te was starting to develop at the time like some kind of late teenage growth spurt, and the recognisable ENTPs I've met I met after that time so it was hard to conceptualise.
2. INFP
I would have lingering doubts at times, because as an ENFP I have the typical introverted cycles, and at those times I'd doubt my extroversion. Now that I know myself better I know that was a symptom of neglecting reflection, and what made it definitive for me was realising how my Te was always challenging my Fi (since they are close together in function order), whereas for an INFP they are far apart (1st-4th) and rarely do so. Then I reflected on INFPs I know, and it all clicked into place. Now the difference between a primary and secondary user is more obvious to me.
3. INFJ
This is less so, but just from the fact if I went to the INFJ forum, or when I meet INFJs- something about the dynamic makes them seem closer to us than other ENFPs are in some weird trippy way.. but I quickly realised that was just my psychology playing tricks on me.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Well, I'd pick your #2 and #3 types myself and for pretty much the same reasons.... ><
I never think I'm anything but a feeler. But I'm testing as ENFJ on the functions tests this week, so there is my #3.
I was trying to experience Fe and so I did so.... I am experiencing it these days.
I don't think anything was as accurate as to take the actual real paid-for MBTI test. It was a really long test. But it made me sure of ENFP. Also my functions were fairly close to the axis, except for Perceiver and I was like 85% Perceiver, so.
My ENFJ stuff will probably be a phase.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I got INFP the first time I took the MBTI test, without knowing what the letters meant or the actual descriptions regarding my results. I took the test a couple of months later on 16personalities and finally read the results for INFP and got floored.

I suppose at times I got confused with potentially being an INTP. Or at least I can come across that way considering my strong enneagram 5 (??).

That's about it.

P.S. I'm also a wannabe INTJ.

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
1. Entp - mainly bc of the shared Ne Dom and inferior Si. I'm very idea oriented and my mind doesn't stop - I make connection with everything I see.
I'm a big picture person- I can kinda see what I want there's this glimpse and I know somehow I'll get there. Like I can kinda see the end result and work backward from there.
Multiple of thoughts and conversations run through my mind at all time, when conversing or too excited Ill often time miss out on details- and my thoughts runs really fast .
I'm quite carefree - and tend to laugh things off easily- im quite forgetful and often time misplace things, walk into walls if lost in thoughts, I hate routines and feel stuck if I were to do the same thing everyday- I adapt well to changes , and I can easily drop a project once im no longer interested in it. The journey to me is often time more important than it's final destination. I hate being tied down , and when depress or at my worst stage - I'll often get trapped in the past- unwanted repeated memory will replay in my mind. My thoughts are more verbal/conversational than visual. I gain the most energy through making connections and living out my ideas.

2. Infp- I get confused every now and then on whether I'm an Enfp or infp . Many times i find myself relating more to infps than enfps - my fi is quite strong and I use it as much as I use Ne. I introspect myself and value worths non stop as a hobby and as a train of thoughts. I'm quite introverted in the sense that I don't need constant human interactions and I prefer one on one conversations over group. I'm driven by my internal values and I will not/cannot betray it. I know how to explain things or correct things using kinder words or words that would inspire a person to introspect rather than be offended. I strive for deep emotional bonds between people/harmonize relationship. I get drained out easily in social situation or when conversing with somebody for too long and unlike online where I post things nonstop- irl im often an active listener . When helping somebody else out, I often time imagine myself as them and put myself into their places. I have a tendency to talk about myself when somebody share something about themselves that I find familiar. I deal with my emotions alone and I prefer showing love more so than verbalizing it. I guess im good at articulating ideas in simpler form( I can explain things so that it's easier for others to understand).
-----------
I don't think I'm ever confused with being an isfp but I relate a lot to my isfp best guy friend
3. Isfp- again this deals with fi - I'm very value oriented and aware of my own identity . I believe I can see through other people's motivations or intentions. And I see life as a gradual learning process . I'm very in the moment and free spirited at times . Im not so great with practical matters, can be quite forgetful. I make my own rules and I value authencity . I value freedom and cannot bear to be tied down

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
1. INTP
Mainly because INTP is both creative and intellectual. I am a pretty smart gal (if I may say so myself - hope I don't come over as thick headed or anything), and those two traits combined really describe how I get to do certain things. I am a problem solver, even from professional experience. But later, I noticed that I have a very strong Ne, which I can use effectively in the right circumstances. With my stron interest in theories, mechanics and such - it's no surprise that I had the feeling I was meant to be an INTP. Also, INTP's TEND to be rather insensitive, which is totally not in my case. It's definetly the F/T-part that got me thinking. I have lots of empathy and get very emotional very easily - so this was telling me something wasn't right.
2. INFP
Which led me to INFP of course, a lot of tests also typed me as one. I am rather withdrawn to a fault, though I get excited and more open when around people I feel comfortable with. I wasn't sure whether I was directed towards the exterior world, or interior world and I have thought for a very long time that I must be 50% 50% or something, but if you know how the cognitive functions work, you'd know that that ain't possible ;)
3. ENTP
So for a quite long time I've thought that ENTP would be a good suggestion. Since the Ne/Ti/Fe/Si described pretty well how my processing goes, I thought it plausible. But then I started looking into the ENFP type, Ne/fi/Te/Si, and the Te fitted me much more than the Ti. Since I also tend to prioritize feeling over thinking (although I balance things out!!!!), I thought it to be even more plausible - and I haven't changed my mind ever since.

·
Registered
562 Posts
1- ENTP
I've explained it better in another thread but I sometimes believe I'm a Ti user and not a Te user (even a cognitive functions test showed a high score for Ti - 80% -, and something like 30% for Te), so I'm either an ENFP who somehow managed to develop Ti (maybe under the influence of my ENTP older bro) or an ENTP with a hint of Fi (maybe under the influence of my ENFP mom). Still according to the cognitive functions test, I use Fi and Fe equally.
But I always test ENFP on 16personalities and other sites, and I relate much more to this portrait.
Lately I've noticed bursts of Te that convinced me I actually use it, even if it's unknowingly (which would precisely make sense for a 3rd function). I can be bossy (ask people to hand me things or do things for me), I love making lists (not necessarily "to do lists" though), even if I rarely stick to what I plan I do plan stuff (for instance, which clothes I'm gonna wear on the next day) and love to find new projects, in debates I want my ideas to be backed up with facts.
2- INFJ
I'm not sure I know INFJs IRL but on this forum I relate so much to everything INFJs say. I guess it's just the effect of our mirroring functions, because I'm way too chaotic and not a good listener (get distracted by everything, forget facts etc).
3- INTP
Like UberY0shi, I have enneagram 5w4 (just after 7w8), which emphasizes my thirst of knowledge and my quest for a perfect system of thought with no contradiction in it.
The fact my life is on pause these days leaves me even more time for introspection, reading and learning, but I know it's not "the real me" and once I'll finally get settled in my adult life with a job and all I won't feel INTPish anymore.

Anyway, I prefer to stick to the test results and admit I'm an ENFP, because :
-it's a really cool type :cool:
-the more I think about the functions in details, the more I get confused. It's easy to misinterpret them, we can obviously relate to all of them to some degree. Moreover, ENFPs are by definition a bit histrionic, it's easy for us to identify to all the types at the same time, while we're still ENFP at core, with our Ne-Fi playing tricks on us.
I think what really matters is the functions' order in the 2 stacks (primary functions and secondary functions), and the subtle differences between their combinations : 2 functions combined together can be taken for one isolated function and vice versa. I mean, I'm sure I confused Ne+Fi for Ti alone. Having tertiary Te doesn't mean we don't think nor build logical systems, just that in an ENFP's case this role is ensured by Ne+Fi, while Te serves another purpose. If I think about how and mostly WHY I want to gather info and sort them out to build my worldview, I notice it's always value oriented (Fi) : why I believe this ideology is bad, why I believe this one is good, what do I want to believe in so I can live harmoniously with other people, what would benefit everybody and do the least harm etc.
Even though ENTPs can have a similar way to come to their conclusions, their motives are really different.
Also, Ti users are often solipsists. My brother likes to say that if a tree falls in a forest but no one witnesses it, then it didn't happen (it's the same as if it didn't happen). Which I strongly disagree with lol. I believe reality exists independently of my own perceptions (Te), even though I'm also part of this reality and contribute to build this of other people.

For those interested, I've found this article that perfectly describes the differences between Ti and Fi :
https://personalityjunkie.com/05/introverted-feeling-fi-vs-introverted-thinking-ti/

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
1- ENTP
I've explained it better in another thread but I sometimes believe I'm a Ti user and not a Te user (even a cognitive functions test showed a high score for Ti - 80% -, and something like 30% for Te), so I'm either an ENFP who somehow managed to develop Ti (maybe under the influence of my ENTP older bro) or an ENTP with a hint of Fi (maybe under the influence of my ENFP mom). Still according to the cognitive functions test, I use Fi and Fe equally.
But I always test ENFP on 16personalities and other sites, and I relate much more to this portrait.
Lately I've noticed bursts of Te that convinced me I actually use it, even if it's unknowingly (which would precisely make sense for a 3rd function). I can be bossy (ask people to hand me things or do things for me), I love making lists (not necessarily "to do lists" though), even if I rarely stick to what I plan I do plan stuff (for instance, which clothes I'm gonna wear on the next day) and love to find new projects, in debates I want my ideas to be backed up with facts.
2- INFJ
I'm not sure I know INFJs IRL but on this forum I relate so much to everything INFJs say. I guess it's just the effect of our mirroring functions, because I'm way too chaotic and not a good listener (get distracted by everything, forget facts etc).
3- INTP
Like UberY0shi, I have enneagram 5w4 (just after 7w8), which emphasizes my thirst of knowledge and my quest for a perfect system of thought with no contradiction in it.
The fact my life is on pause these days leaves me even more time for introspection, reading and learning, but I know it's not "the real me" and once I'll finally get settled in my adult life with a job and all I won't feel INTPish anymore.

Anyway, I prefer to stick to the test results and admit I'm an ENFP, because :
-it's a really cool type :cool:
-the more I think about the functions in details, the more I get confused. It's easy to misinterpret them, we can obviously relate to all of them to some degree. Moreover, ENFPs are by definition a bit histrionic, it's easy for us to identify to all the types at the same time, while we're still ENFP at core, with our Ne-Fi playing tricks on us.
I think what really matters is the functions' order in the 2 stacks (primary functions and secondary functions), and the subtle differences between their combinations : 2 functions combined together can be taken for one isolated function and vice versa. I mean, I'm sure I confused Ne+Fi for Ti alone. Having tertiary Te doesn't mean we don't think nor build logical systems, just that in an ENFP's case this role is ensured by Ne+Fi, while Te serves another purpose. If I think about how and mostly WHY I want to gather info and sort them out to build my worldview, I notice it's always value oriented (Fi) : why I believe this ideology is bad, why I believe this one is good, what do I want to believe in so I can live harmoniously with other people, what would benefit everybody and do the least harm etc.
Even though ENTPs can have a similar way to come to their conclusions, their motives are really different.
Also, Ti users are often solipsists. My brother likes to say that if a tree falls in a forest but no one witnesses it, then it didn't happen (it's the same as if it didn't happen). Which I strongly disagree with lol. I believe reality exists independently of my own perceptions (Te), even though I'm also part of this reality and contribute to build this of other people.

For those interested, I've found this article that perfectly describes the differences between Ti and Fi :
https://personalityjunkie.com/05/introverted-feeling-fi-vs-introverted-thinking-ti/
For the longest time I thought i used Ti more than Te- mainly because I prefer Ti ways of explaining things better , when I first joined perC at 27 , I didn't know that I used Te- because my Te often time back up my fi. Around 29 I started realizing that I turn into Ne-Te mode when debating politics or ethical matters with my istp husband.
I can't out talk xntps though, whether they're right or wrong it's impossible to change their mind if they're convinced that they're correct. With istp- I can provide facts or real life experience and they'll admit that they're wrong. So yeah I think xntps the only type that's more hard headed than enfps

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5,146 Posts
INTP, INFP, INFJ

Also, for some reason I tend to get ISTP on tests lately. And apparently had ISTP on test when I first joined the Polish Introvert forum.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
When I was focused on Dichotomy alone, it seemed 50/50 between INFP and INTP. Once I learned more about the cognitive functions, there wasn't any indication I was anything other than INTJ.

Reactions: Tridentus

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I was focused on Dichotomy alone, it seemed 50/50 between INFP and INTP. Once I learned more about the cognitive functions, there wasn't any indication I was anything other than INTJ.
Every person is the same.

I see it every single time with new people, the process goes exactly the same. You go from the letters, to trying to understand the functions and not, to thinking you understand the functions when you don't.. and then finally wrapping around it.

Circle of MBTI life.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I was confused about... say... ISFP, ISFJ, ENFJ,

But in the way this thread is interpreted I wasn't confused, I was INFP, INFP, INFP

I still test INFP, along with ENFP and somehow ENTP/INTP

Anyway besides tests; ENFP and all its stereotypes, its ENFP folks, its classic pairings to ... stuffs ..., my own behaviour, ... it all makes more sense to me than INFPs. Also, I have yet to go into a fight with another ENFP, the INFPs are too easily butthurt to have me around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts