Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vice 1 (vs)
n.
a. An evil, degrading, or immoral practice or habit.​
b. A serious moral failing.​
c. Wicked or evil conduct or habits; corruption.​
2. Sexual immorality, especially prostitution.
a. A slight personal failing; a foible: the vice of untidiness.​
b. A flaw or imperfection; a defect.​
4. A physical defect or weakness.
5. An undesirable habit, such as crib-biting, in a domestic animal.
a. Vice A character representing generalized or particular vice in English morality plays.​
b. A jester or buffoon.

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin vitium.]

Reactions: William808

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
I'm quite lazy. But somehow I manage to force a shitload of exercise and stuff exactly when I need it, so I'm still in good shape and all that.

However I am, undoubtedly, a lazy, procrastinating motherfucker, 100%. I'm frankly astounded by how much I have thoroughly wasted this summer.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hubris. I am SO glad Pride was condensed into two parts, with the OTHER being far more often associated with it, that this isn't a big deal to most haha

In this realm? Booze, and my tendency to ignore advice if it's counterproductive to my enjoyment of life in general.

Also: LOL at prostitution being a "vice" -- wow, lol society

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Wrath

I can be pretty ruthless and devastating when I am upset or given power. I blame my enneagram 8 for that mostly. When given the power and ability to change things I can become rather terrifying with said power. I usually look back on my moments of Wrath in disgrace and confusion.

It manifests itself differently in person compared to online. The latter is mostly me just ripping apart posts that have a particular tone or point of view that reminds me too much of myself to the point of madness. Sorry @Pessimisterious

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
According to my own value system (which is obviously the only important one) my only obvious vice is my physical addiction to nicotine. But since I use "snus" (a form of wet tobacco) as the delivery method, this is not a health risk (or rather, a much smaller one than say my sugar consumption) since nicotine itself isn't really unhealthy in small doses.

I am also a bit lazy when it comes to physical activities, meaning I don't get as much exercise as I should, but since I have a slim figure this doesn't constitute a health risk so not really a vice but rather an obvious area of improvement.

According to the current average norms I probably have several vices. I've used several recreational drugs that are illegal (though I've never been addicted to any of them), and will most likely do so again in the future. I also completely disregard any laws that I find arbitrary, so I am not a "law abiding citizen" which from the general societies viewpoint would be a serious vice. Since my own value system prohibits me from doing harm to other individuals, this isn't a big problem and most people don't even know that I in effect live "outside the law" since I'm quite inconspicous with it (well, I have just recently confessed to possession of cannabis so I will face a small fine for that offense, but in general the statement holds true).

In a more traditionalist society I would definitely be guilty of "corruption of youth", "upsetting the order of society" etc etc, but fortunately the feudal age is mostly over.

If being a jester or buffoon is a vice, I am guilty on both charges, but I assume that this particular part of the definition is not what you were looking for. Same goes for "physical defect or weakness" where I suffer from mild scoliosis but I don't see how that would fit into the category.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Various sexual perversions :tongue::angry::kitteh:

List for people that dont mind TMI:

Haha it is still TMI even for your eyes !

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.