Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a narcissist. Not on a clinical level mind you, but definitely on the spectrum. I'd classify myself as a productive narcissist, which is what most CEOs are. In fact, having spent some time reading through the various articles on narcissism, I really don't see the harm. The world needs some narcissists, or no societal progress would be made.

Yes, some of the traits that have tendency to exhibit themselves in narcissists can be damaging, but most of them don't really apply to me. In my opinion, I'm narcissistic enough to have the self-confidence to attempt to do great things, but not narcissistic enough to abuse people.

So, what I'm wondering is how strong the correlation is to my MBTI type. There's a test called the narcissistic personality inventory. I scored 33. The average is 15.3, and 95% of people score below 29.9. Take the test and post it.

The Narcissistic Personality Inventory Test - Oprah.com

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got 15.

Btw, if you score high on this, I would assume it correlates more to mid-range/lower levels of enneagram type 7 more than MBTI personality type.
I'm type 3.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I'm type 3.
I've read that in type 3, narcissism is a mechanism of propping up and maintaining high levels of productive energy. Confidence fuels the fire that keeps them working hard.

In 7's the narcissistic tendencies are more indicative of "true" narcissism in that, unlike the 3, they don't need to actually do anything with it, it's simply a way of reacting to the possible reality that they are not actually better than other people which unsettles them. Mind you, this is a mechanism I've seen in all tri-types with a 7 in it however subtly it may appear.

As ENTP's often tend to either have 7 or 3 in their tritype, I imagine that we may see a correlation between higher numbers and ENTP MBTI but I still believe that it correlates more to enneagram than MBTI.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I am a narcissist. Not on a clinical level mind you, but definitely on the spectrum. I'd classify myself as a productive narcissist, which is what most CEOs are. In fact, having spent some time reading through the various articles on narcissism, I really don't see the harm. The world needs some narcissists, or no societal progress would be made.

Yes, some of the traits that have tendency to exhibit themselves in narcissists can be damaging, but most of them don't really apply to me. In my opinion, I'm narcissistic enough to have the self-confidence to attempt to do great things, but not narcissistic enough to abuse people.

So, what I'm wondering is how strong the correlation is to my MBTI type. There's a test called the narcissistic personality inventory. I scored 33. The average is 15.3, and 95% of people score below 29.9. Take the test and post it.

The Narcissistic Personality Inventory Test - Oprah.com
*I'm a narcissist but exhibit none of the downsides of that. By the way, did I tell you how great I am?*

Yup. Definitely a narcissist. :tongue:

Any way, my score:

Your total NPI score is 25.

The average score for the population is 15.3

The seven component traits by question:
Authority: 6
Self-Sufficiency: 3
Superiority: 4
Exhibitionism: 6
Exploitativeness: 4
Vanity: 0
Entitlement: 2

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your total NPI score is 18.

Authority: 4
Self-Sufficiency: 4
Superiority: 2
Exhibitionism: 1
Exploitativeness: 1
Vanity: 3
Entitlement: 3

I don't need to control others nor depend on their approval to feel good about myself. In terms of contradiction, perhaps the following orders from most to least the effective strength of your contradicting someone's point of view:
indifference > active ignoring > actively trying to persuade to your point of view.

I hate being controlled or seeing others being controlled.

I'm a pretty extreme INTJ, but strangely enough exhibit many INTP traits. My Ni and Ti are roughly equal, and are my two dominant cognitive functions.

Here's my personality profile from mypersonality.info

95% Introverted
79% Intuition
89% Thinking
84% Judging

·
Registered
498 Posts
Your total NPI score is 5.

Authority: 2
Self-Sufficiency: 1
Superiority: 0
Exhibitionism: 0
Vanity: 1
Entitlement: 0

If it matters, I'm an E9~

·
Registered
391 Posts
I copied and pasted this from the personality test forum.
I'm a 3w4

Your score is 28

Your score for Authority is MEDIUM
Your score for Self-sufficiency is MEDIUM
Your score for Superiority is HIGH
Your score for Exhibitionism is HIGH
Your score for Exploitativeness is HIGH
Your score for Vanity is HIGH
Your score for Entitlement is LOW

·
Banned
12 Posts
Your total NPI score is 31.

Authority: 7
Self-Sufficiency: 5
Superiority: 5
Exhibitionism: 5
Exploitativeness: 2
Entitlement: 6

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Your score is 8

Your score for Authority is LOW

Your score for Self-sufficiency is MEDIUM

Your score for Superiority is LOW

Your score for Exhibitionism is LOW

Your score for Exploitativeness is LOW

Your score for Vanity is MEDIUM

Your score for Entitlement is LOW

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your total NPI score is 28.

Authority: 8
Self-Sufficiency: 5
Exhibitionism: 4
Entitlement: 4

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your total NPI score is 35.

Authority: 8
Self-Sufficiency: 6
Vanity: 2
Entitlement: 5

I'm a type 5

·
Registered
56 Posts
Your total NPI score is 12.

Authority: 2
Self-Sufficiency: 2
Exploitativeness: 0
Vanity: 3
Entitlement: 2

·
Registered
634 Posts

those leadership questions seemed to be out of place though. what I see a (good) leader as is someone that has to constantly work, deal with a lot of pressure, take responsibility for others dumb actions, someone that can't be fully independent etc. etc. how not wanting all that would make someone less of a narcissist? coming up with a theory that some random leader gets others to follow, or directly influencing the leading person is a whole different thing. I'd much rather choose to put a few millions in banks and live off the interest than going daily to work for a similar sum of money.

anyhow, I find narcissism a very attractive trait in humans.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

those leadership questions seemed to be out of place though. what I see a (good) leader as is someone that has to constantly work, deal with a lot of pressure, take responsibility for others dumb actions, someone that can't be fully independent etc. etc. how not wanting all that would make someone less of a narcissist? coming up with a theory that some random leader gets others to follow, or directly influencing the leading person is a whole different thing. I'd much rather choose to put a few millions in banks and live off the interest than going daily to work for a similar sum of money.

anyhow, I find narcissism a very attractive trait in humans.
I'm with @Madam on this one. I scored a 33 and you all know I'm WAY more into myself than that. I liked the premise of the test, but I didn't think that the questions were detailed enough, and they were nowhere near sufficient to draw an accurate enough picture.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Your total NPI score is 15.

Authority: 7
Entitlement: 1

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Self first...

Type 8

·
Registered
483 Posts
Your total NPI score is 27.

Authority: 6
Vanity: 2
Entitlement: 3

Narcissism is something like a driving force. It keeps me motivated and productive. When I've got low self-esteem I don't get things done. In my case, I'd say im a healthy narcissist c:
I'm type 3 BTW.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts