Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading about personality disorders lately and I noticed I have some strong Narcissistic traits (I do not have the full disorder simply some parts of it) and I noticed it was common for INTJs to carry some of these traits (again not the full disorder simply extreme self confidence and a detached and unemotional nature)
I then started to read about histrionic and obsessive compulsive disorders and found that it is not uncommon for narcissists and obsessive personalities to end up in relationships with histrionics and relating this to mbti HPD (histrionic) seemed to fit very well with a lot of descriptions of an ENFP (strongly emotionally expressive and flirtatious) and obsessive seemed to fit the ISTJ very well (an extreme desire to create structure and order as well as paying attention to the smallest details). I understand that mbti is for healthy people and that disorders may complicate the persons personality but I was curious if anybody agrees or disagrees with the connection as well as if anybody noticed that they associate with any personality disorder.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Schizoid personality disorder and INTPs; I can see the connection.

I thought schizotypal personality disorder was associated with INTJs....someone on Perc looked into this stuff but I don't know who it was...

I only know one narcissist and she's an ISTJ so I have a hard time seeing it for any other type.

Also I don't think this is the right forum for this discussion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts