Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been told a lot that I have a way with word and Inspiring/encouraging people or some such, in addition some people have pointed out to me (such as my INFPartner) that I am prone Speeches/Lectures as well.
I've been told that I'm strange and that the habit to ramble on is reminiscent of a University style lecture, or my so called "speeches" or "lectures" are like I'm some kinda well-spirited parent from an old Tele Program.
Now this amuses me only for I don't think of myself as being one for speeches and I don't mean to lecture people, but I do know I have habit of being long winded (as this and many of my other post may indicate);not to mention the though of being compared to a TV character makes me feel weird like People Think I Think I'm Better Than Them or that I am just to unreal.

So I ask is this a weird idiosyncrasy that I have developed or are there other ENFJ's who are prone to this, and if anyone else does this , does make you feel like some kinda TV Character etc etc. I am interested to see what people have to say about I've said here :happy:.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hahahaha I'm like this too! I thought I talked normally until I saw a video of myself doing a presentation...and I was quite surprised to see I looked insanely determined and lecturing, and also very theatrical! Turns out I had all these dramatic gestures and intonations I wasn't even aware of! :)

People would always suddenly go silent when I started talking (even when they were chattering during other speakers' presentations), and I thought that was just because I'm a bit weird...but after seeing this video, I realised it may also have to do something with the way I speak in public. At uni, I was often complimented for my presentations and called a "born teacher", while some people would even say that I hypnotised them with my presentation :-D

Often I am not even aware of how confident, bossy or even arrogant I appear. Once I hosted this workshop with a confused INFP professor and it was terribly unorganised...I wasn't really sure of what the point of the workshop was, nobody knew what to do and the INFP didn't seem to care one bit. On the morning of the workshop, I was busy trying to salvage the situation and get everything to work...when this journalist guy approached us and said he needed an interview with the workshop leader. The INFP, who had just appeared (and very late, at that), conveniently slunk off again, leaving me to face the camera on my own, with no time to prepare. I spouted the first bullshit that came to mind and thought it must have looked terrible and confused...until I actually viewed the clip and saw I came off as absolutely Hitleresque! Not only did I look like I knew exactly what I was doing, but the INFP also later commented I looked bossy and lecturing. It was a funny situation :)

So, yeah, I totally identify with what you wrote :)

Oh and I love your "INFPartner" portmanteau :-D :-D

Reactions: word

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Yeah, I'm an excellent speech-giver. I was once invited onto a debate team after taking a speech arts class because the teacher was so impressed. I've also been told that I would make a good professor. And yeah, I use lots of gestures without even realizing it. I think it helps make my speeches better though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
LOL im glad im not the only one that this happens too c:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts