Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My school counselor had me take a personality test in order to determine what jobs would be suited for me. As usual, I got ENFP but this time my results seemed very mixed. Liiike, Ne was first and then Fe but that's like totes impossible so, as a result, ENFP is just the answer. This confuses me because now it sounds like I'm waaaay to extroverted than I am, I'm only slightly more extroverted than introverted, I think. So0o0o I educated myself and read up on the functions, only to have confused myself once more. Thought I'd just start on a "clean slate" and go from there.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The whole N & F deal. I don't know which ones I have and what order they're in. Especially Fe and Fi, because I'm expressive, pick up on others' emotions, and oh my god I hate hate hate criticism! But as a Fi, if you cross me, I'll keep that anger inside. Sometimes it'll show, it depends if I want you to see it. Lol I would "fantasize" of harming them definitely.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want one of those picture-perfect lives, as unrealistic as that sounds. Of course, I would need hardship so it's not boring, but I want to be successful and shape the world some way. I have a post it under my "mission statement" which I tacked above my drawer, and it says to be known for something in some way before I die. I want fame, fortune, and a life where I pursue my dreams, and I want a career where everyday there's a new situation. I sound so dreamy with this, but I think I have the potential and connections to at least attempt something very similar. And I'm such a sentimentalist, so I could see myself traveling with who I love and just having a good life.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I was among a group of people, just received another A+ on an essay in my favorite subject ever, and we're all having a good time. Peoplenare congratulating me, and I'm not purely the center of attention, but enough I feel good and admired. I didn't have to worry about making the right impression.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I say something stupid socially, or just look like I don't know what I'm talking about. I hate those moments where I feel naked, and I could have said something more intelligent, witty, etc. And if I fail in front of people, that's very embarrassing.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about what would affect me and how beneficial it is. In terms of college, my boyfriend and I are looking for schools that would work for the both of us, so if others are involved, I would like us all to find middle ground. But I hate when it's something I don't want to do, it puts me in such a bad mood and I don't participate as strongly either. With family, I'm a lot more selfish, so their opinions aren't that important, and I think this is so because I'm very confortable with them. The closer I am to someone, the more selfish I am because I know they can tolerate it better than an acquaintance would... and I wish I wasn't like this to those that care about me. As for pro-cons, I definitely take that into account that I run in circles. Again, with college, I made a list of all the ones I considered and the pro-cons of each.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I aim for what I want out of the experience. Like getting the best marks, etc. Unless the project is uber fun. I do my own work and ignore the rest.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Socializing, and again I have the right amount of attention, but all eyes aren't on me the whole time. Unless I'm talking about something I discovered, love to share, know a lot about. But typically if we're all having fun, it doesn't have to be around me. We were just a silly group of teenagers making more inside jokes and stories/memories for the future. Of course, I love intimate settings where you talk about meanings of principles with someone; just going back and forth on ideas.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I do like it if someone explains it to me step by step, with a lot of examples. If it's a sport or technique, it's helpful if someone guides my body, otherwise I won't know exactly how it's supposed to feel.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Fairly organized, because if something new comes in my schedule, I'm almost to the point where I'm OCD because I have to write it down somewhere. I have a hard time sticking to plans, though, as I get sidetracked. Most of the time, no matter how detailed and specific my plans are, I never get to them all and always put 'em off :( further increasing the list of things to do for tomorrow.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I think I lean toward the information that supports it to draw reference and examples from. I need to envision what someone is talking about. But I do the former, as well. It depends on the new material I am learning.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Uhhh both. I want to be my own person, and since I never fit in a clique, for lack of trying or overtrying, groups make me uncomfortable, and yet I want a label so I can figure myself out better. It's like, I want to be unique among people who are all alike, but I want to belong somewhere, too. I hate hosting parties because everyone wants a bit of me, so it's better if everyone has their own group so they're comfortable. But I'm never friends with any whole group, which brings people from all cliques, all wanting to cling to me for they don't know anyone else. So I'd rather go somewhere that has cliques, but they're blurred so we can all talk on the same level of comfort.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Ugh, both again! I have a tendency to talk before I think, a lot. But when I'm around people I'm uncomfortable with, I observe their habits until I figure out "what to say." If I'm confident, then I say whatever without thinking. I like one-on-one communication if it's someone I adore and have a lot to say with, but if everyone is relatively close to me, or at least all have similar relationships to me, I want group discussions; those are more light hearted and fun, but intensity can be fun, too.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Again, it depends. I'm so frustrating this way, but I don't think I'm as spontaneous as I used to be, so the latter. This doesn't mean I don't have moments where I'm just crazy doing whatever. If it's a big decision, I look before I leap. If it's frivolous or exciting, I'll jump into it just to keep going onto the next thing. I think actions do speak more than words, because words can be calculated and manipulative. It's hard to control body language, or do something you don't want to.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out, of course! I might be annoyed if I'm not ready and I take a lot of time to get out of pajamas, take a shower, fix myself up, but the prospect of actually doing something is very exciting.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I vent to everyone, and I burn out. If something bothers me a lot, I talk about it until I feel better, avoiding all else. But if it makes me feel sick and I don't think I can overcome it, I burn out and ignore it, but maybe speak of it until someone tells me I can do it. Other times, it drives me to succeed more and do it. It all depends on the situation, how important it is, etc.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I hate closed-minded farts that use their "intelligence" as if they're better than you. The ones that have no fun, and don't know how to take a joke, much less say one. When I ask for help, help me, don't just tell me to "read the directions" or "search it up on Google." The ones that criticize so much it's personal also upset me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Ideas, but in a sense we're building our own and learning, not debating. Unless I know I'll win that debate ;D I also like joking around, talking about anything and everything. I just like talking in general. I really enjoy talking to adults, I've always found them interesting and wiser. I think I got along with most better than those my own age.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I pay attention to a lot of things, especially people haha. But I tune out of events that concern people I don't care about, and that includes news or school events.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I think they find me to be totally scatter-brained and even a bitchy complainer. This is semi-true, but I focus on something if I'm extremely interested and entranced by it. And I complain as an excuse to talk, and I'm positive it isn't more than the average teenager. My friends would probably never say that I'm not sensitive.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Hang out with my boyfriend, go to Barnes & Noble/clothes shopping/Game Stop/beach, have fun with friends going somewhere...such as the beach :) Watch my favorite show and read to wind down, and finish off by watching a movie or funny show with family. Generally, I like to build up to a big event. So I could get hw with in the morning, and do something fun with bf/friends at night :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
you speak like an enfp. you should repost this but with a different title. something along the likes of "whats my personality type". ppl might think this was about cognitive function differences.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts