Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been on my mind a lot lately whether it's auxiliary Fi with well-developed Te or aux Ti with Fe that I have (basically, a thinker with strong feeling tendencies or vice-versa)... as it tends to be for many the line can be a little blurred and while signs point to me being fully ENFP, it can't hurt to have others come to a conclusion as well!

(and yes, I really like these questions)
:proud:

I feel a bit of unease, to be honest. I look at it and I realize that I'm quite dissatisfied with where I'm at in life... I'm so used to a life of mountains, rivers, considerate drivers and unique customs that when I observe where I'm at, despite it possessing it's own unique characteristics, I'm left with discomfort in that I find much more beauty in the natural world I grew up with and was a part of instead of the suburban sprawl I'm a part of now. I guess there's just something astonishing I can't quite replace about the beauty of nature... concrete jungles may be alright for some, but it doesn't do it for me.

On the plus side, I'm also now filled with a little extra fervor to find my way out of where I'm currently at and make my way back to the mountains and forests I grew up with :happy:

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
First thought: "Well fuck." :laughing:

A little more seriously, my concerns become about making sure the car is up and running again. Can we call someone to help us? Can we just use a little elbow grease to get it working again? Maybe it'd work again if we spoke like angry sailors trying to determine the issue! To me it'd suck to possibly miss the show (especially if I paid good money for it and have been looking forward to it for a while), but knowing many of my friends we'd make it into a new adventure. Concert potentially ruined, but adventure potentially awesome :tongue:

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Depends where it's at. If the concert was awesome I'll probably be pumped where going anywhere else afterward would be awesome. If it was a lame concert I'd probably be a little drained of energy and would prefer to just go to a friends house and chill for a while. Depends on circumstance, I suppose, but if I'm still pumped from the concert and not physically exhausted I wouldn't mind a little extra fun!

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inward reaction is a knee-jerk reaction, to be honest, though quickly subsided by questions of "why do they believe that and not x, y and z?". Chances are I'd not really say anything, or divert the conversation to take what they said and bring them to understanding that their claim is not necessarily true... or at least, make it known (subtly) that I disagree with it. If I have sufficient reasons and evidence to back my own personal beliefs on that claim I'll voice them as "have you considered this?" Otherwise I'll try and prod to see why it is they personally believe that claim and see if it holds water.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

My first inclination is go "someone is wrong!". But then I get to thinking, "maybe I'm the one that's wrong and needs to adjust my views..." After some thinking, often times within a matter of moments, I come to a conclusion on what to do. I try to consider what I do know and whether I know for certain that what it is that I see is incorrect, wrong, etc. If I believe it to be wrong I will seek to correct it in what ways I can, even if it takes a little gentle manipulation and cunning to do... though, not to the extent of causing harm to fix it. There are more than enough people out there doing just that.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Some of the things I personally value: knowledge, justice (in its true and fairest sense), love, truth, altruism... and many more. Ultimately, the is a certain truth to this universe that is purely objective. Be it a deity or universal rules that we have defined as humans (ex. consider terms of measurement: meters and feet do the same thing, but are different "lengths"), there is some level of consistency in the universe. With that we need to recognize that our personal beliefs are just that, personal beliefs. The derivations of each belief come from different sources, but at the end of the day it is my own belief that while we may have our own personal feelings on certain matters, there is more to this world, let alone the universe, than just us. We have to take others into consideration, sometimes even at the cost of ourselves and our own happiness. It's not preferable, and perhaps a little bit of a controversial view, but sometimes the ends DO justify the means.

That said, if the means of achieving an end result in much strife, then perhaps alternatives need to be considered: there is more than one path available... even if it involves a little bushwhacking to get there.

Then there's love... oh love. How powerful and personal it is, and how beautiful and radiant it can make even the bleakest of situations. Perhaps it is a metaphysical state of elation, bonding, lust and commitment, or perhaps it's strictly biological and we've simply defined it as being something of awe... but it's my belief that it's an ideal that leads to the betterment of everyone. Love yourself and love others... even if you have all of the reasons in the universe to not love them. Yes, even if "true" justice may suggest otherwise, I believe that we possess the ability to transgress what "is" and place ourselves to a higher standard of morality. Even if it is we as humans who have defined morality and not a deity of sorts, we also possess the ability to define it and make it something even bigger so why not pursue that?
Oh man, I could go on all day... but I think you get the gist :wink:

tl;dr - life is beautiful, people are beautiful, subjectivity is beautiful.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I've been told by many friends that I'm far more genuine than most others they've known, though I always hold some hesitation to their claims... I don't wish to be anything else but me, but I don't wish to go against others in the pursuit of being "myself", if that makes sense. There's certainly a part of me they don't see and likely never will.

b) Superficially, I'd LOVE to be more organized. Oh man, scheduling and organizing... :dry: Perhaps more so, be able to convey my thoughts and come to decisions much more quickly; I'm not decisive, it causes anxiety to force myself into continuous, rapid decision making without first getting a chance to really think about things.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Hunches and gut feelings? They occur so often sometimes I don't really register them as being such... however, more often than not I'll sit on them and try to rationalize why it is I have them and what to do about them. Usually they are triggered in situations where something is emotionally or physically traumatic or I am left completely indecisive. Basically, if I encounter a situation where I just don't know what to do/say/think then I'll get a gut feeling that'll usually point me in the right direction... even if it takes a little time to realize.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Hanging out with friends in small (albeit crazy) situations, traveling, helping others in altruistic manners, etc.

b) Routine, routine and more routine... huge crowds, overstimulation from my surroundings (ex. concerts are fun, but sometimes it's just a little too much), dealing with intolerant or otherwise just angry and mean people, etc.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Unfortunately, not enough :laughing: But, there are a lot of thoughts I do have about individuals or that I perceive as being my own beliefs that I'll repress... often times letting no one else ever know. There are certainly preferences and fetishes I have that I don't tell others, even my wonderful SO... some things are just a little too embarrassing to share
:crazy: Not all things are necessary to be said, but I just have that impulse to say things anyway, so a lot of what I think, however deep, comes off as being shallow and knee-jerky in reaction because of the way I externalize it. In reality, 90% of the thoughts I have are internal dialogues about theories I have, what types of social customs I'm likely breaking, trying to figure out ways to help people, planning for activities down the road (or later that day), roleplaying scenarios that may or may never come to pass (active imagination much?) and more. What comes out is usually just off the cuff witty remarks on things... sometimes stupid, sometimes clever, but rarely ever what I'm truly thinking about.

I can't really find good justification as to why I don't, I just don't. I kind of wish I would though... I'll work on it.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts

I feel a bit of unease, to be honest. I look at it and I realize that I'm quite dissatisfied with where I'm at in life... I'm so used to a life of mountains, rivers, considerate drivers and unique customs that when I observe where I'm at, despite it possessing it's own unique characteristics, I'm left with discomfort in that I find much more beauty in the natural world I grew up with and was a part of instead of the suburban sprawl I'm a part of now. I guess there's just something astonishing I can't quite replace about the beauty of nature... concrete jungles may be alright for some, but it doesn't do it for me.

On the plus side, I'm also now filled with a little extra fervor to find my way out of where I'm currently at and make my way back to the mountains and forests I grew up with

Si I'm seeing here.

First thought: "Well fuck."

A little more seriously, my concerns become about making sure the car is up and running again. Can we call someone to help us? Can we just use a little elbow grease to get it working again? Maybe it'd work again if we spoke like angry sailors trying to determine the issue! To me it'd suck to possibly miss the show (especially if I paid good money for it and have been looking forward to it for a while), but knowing many of my friends we'd make it into a new adventure. Concert potentially ruined, but adventure potentially awesome

Se, but could be all Fe-Si since your mood seems to be focused around your friends.

Depends where it's at. If the concert was awesome I'll probably be pumped where going anywhere else afterward would be awesome. If it was a lame concert I'd probably be a little drained of energy and would prefer to just go to a friends house and chill for a while. Depends on circumstance, I suppose, but if I'm still pumped from the concert and not physically exhausted I wouldn't mind a little extra fun!

Se I think here, but could be Fe Si I think.

Inward reaction is a knee-jerk reaction, to be honest, though quickly subsided by questions of "why do they believe that and not x, y and z?". Chances are I'd not really say anything, or divert the conversation to take what they said and bring them to understanding that their claim is not necessarily true... or at least, make it known (subtly) that I disagree with it. If I have sufficient reasons and evidence to back my own personal beliefs on that claim I'll voice them as "have you considered this?" Otherwise I'll try and prod to see why it is they personally believe that claim and see if it holds water.

Seems like Fi, but it could be Fe depending on how you would go about the beliefs...do you stay true to them no matter what others are saying/doing (Fi or Ti because they are similar), or do you stay true to what others are saying/doing regardless of your inner beliefs (Fe)?

My first inclination is go "someone is wrong!". But then I get to thinking, "maybe I'm the one that's wrong and needs to adjust my views..." After some thinking, often times within a matter of moments, I come to a conclusion on what to do. I try to consider what I do know and whether I know for certain that what it is that I see is incorrect, wrong, etc. If I believe it to be wrong I will seek to correct it in what ways I can, even if it takes a little gentle manipulation and cunning to do... though, not to the extent of causing harm to fix it. There are more than enough people out there doing just that.

I see where Fe-Si or Se-Fi could work here.

Some of the things I personally value: knowledge, justice (in its true and fairest sense), love, truth, altruism... and many more. Ultimately, the is a certain truth to this universe that is purely objective. Be it a deity or universal rules that we have defined as humans (ex. consider terms of measurement: meters and feet do the same thing, but are different "lengths"), there is some level of consistency in the universe. With that we need to recognize that our personal beliefs are just that, personal beliefs. The derivations of each belief come from different sources, but at the end of the day it is my own belief that while we may have our own personal feelings on certain matters, there is more to this world, let alone the universe, than just us. We have to take others into consideration, sometimes even at the cost of ourselves and our own happiness. It's not preferable, and perhaps a little bit of a controversial view, but sometimes the ends DO justify the means.

This sounds like Fe-Si to me.

That said, if the means of achieving an end result in much strife, then perhaps alternatives need to be considered: there is more than one path available... even if it involves a little bushwhacking to get there.

Seems like Si considering Ne input to me.

Then there's love... oh love. How powerful and personal it is, and how beautiful and radiant it can make even the bleakest of situations. Perhaps it is a metaphysical state of elation, bonding, lust and commitment, or perhaps it's strictly biological and we've simply defined it as being something of awe... but it's my belief that it's an ideal that leads to the betterment of everyone. Love yourself and love others... even if you have all of the reasons in the universe to not love them. Yes, even if "true" justice may suggest otherwise, I believe that we possess the ability to transgress what "is" and place ourselves to a higher standard of morality. Even if it is we as humans who have defined morality and not a deity of sorts, we also possess the ability to define it and make it something even bigger so why not pursue that?
Oh man, I could go on all day... but I think you get the gist

I'm seeing Fe and input from tert Ne.

tl;dr - life is beautiful, people are beautiful, subjectivity is beautiful.

I see Fe-Si, Se-Fi, or this could be Ne-Fi too though. It could be a number of different function combinations though.

a) I've been told by many friends that I'm far more genuine than most others they've known, though I always hold some hesitation to their claims... I don't wish to be anything else but me, but I don't wish to go against others in the pursuit of being "myself", if that makes sense. There's certainly a part of me they don't see and likely never will.

Fe I see here big time.

b) Superficially, I'd LOVE to be more organized. Oh man, scheduling and organizing...
Perhaps more so, be able to convey my thoughts and come to decisions much more quickly; I'm not decisive, it causes anxiety to force myself into continuous, rapid decision making without first getting a chance to really think about things.

This could be anything really.

Hunches and gut feelings? They occur so often sometimes I don't really register them as being such... however, more often than not I'll sit on them and try to rationalize why it is I have them and what to do about them. Usually they are triggered in situations where something is emotionally or physically traumatic or I am left completely indecisive. Basically, if I encounter a situation where I just don't know what to do/say/think then I'll get a gut feeling that'll usually point me in the right direction... even if it takes a little time to realize.

I see Se, and feeling here. The rationalizing might be Ti, Te, or even Si though.

a) Hanging out with friends in small (albeit crazy) situations, traveling, helping others in altruistic manners, etc.

Fe or Fi, depending on where the altruism is coming from. Is it a subjective value, or an objective value?

b) Routine, routine and more routine... huge crowds, overstimulation from my surroundings (ex. concerts are fun, but sometimes it's just a little too much), dealing with intolerant or otherwise just angry and mean people, etc.

I'm not sure on the first half. Dealing with angry and mean people in this context seems Fe to me.

Unfortunately, not enough
But, there are a lot of thoughts I do have about individuals or that I perceive as being my own beliefs that I'll repress... often times letting no one else ever know. There are certainly preferences and fetishes I have that I don't tell others, even my wonderful SO... some things are just a little too embarrassing to share
Not all things are necessary to be said, but I just have that impulse to say things anyway, so a lot of what I think, however deep, comes off as being shallow and knee-jerky in reaction because of the way I externalize it. In reality, 90% of the thoughts I have are internal dialogues about theories I have, what types of social customs I'm likely breaking, trying to figure out ways to help people, planning for activities down the road (or later that day), roleplaying scenarios that may or may never come to pass (active imagination much?) and more. What comes out is usually just off the cuff witty remarks on things... sometimes stupid, sometimes clever, but rarely ever what I'm truly thinking about.

I can't really find good justification as to why I don't, I just don't. I kind of wish I would though... I'll work on it.

Fe here, and maybe Se? I think there's also some Ti in this as well, but probably more in line with inferior Ti since you seem to reject it in order to continue with your objective dominant Fe.

Basically, I'm not getting much Ne or Ti from these specific answers and I think your answers definitely indicate extraversion, sensing, and feeling. This breaks it down to ESFP, or ESFJ to me. This makes sense since you seemed to express equal amounts of perceiving traits as judging traits in this post. However, I definitely see Fe over Fi and I see more Fe than Ti, so that makes me think ESFJ based on this specific questionnaire alone.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll certainly look into Se-Fi and Fe-Si a bit more, though both I do have my reservations about (listed at the bottom). Now, to answer your questions...

Seems like Fi, but it could be Fe depending on how you would go about the beliefs...do you stay true to them no matter what others are saying/doing (Fi or Ti because they are similar), or do you stay true to what others are saying/doing regardless of your inner beliefs (Fe)?

Depends on the circumstance. If it's something I absolutely do not wish to be involved with or it goes directly against my beliefs I won't budge an inch. However, if it's something I perceive as trivial (or at least not serious) I'll often go along with it and justify why I did it after the fact, especially if I didn't want to have any involvement; I'll basically try to find the silver lining of a situation if I can help it.

Fe or Fi, depending on where the altruism is coming from. Is it a subjective value, or an objective value?
Subjective, without a doubt, which leads me to believe Fi instead of Fe, though perhaps with Fi (as it IS personal and subjective) to find right and wrong in ways that can be perceived as Fe? (I'm not entirely sure what I just wrote in that last sentence, to be honest... it kinda makes sense?)

Basically, I'm not getting much Ne or Ti from these specific answers and I think your answers definitely indicate extraversion, sensing, and feeling. This breaks it down to ESFP, or ESFJ to me. This makes sense since you seemed to express equal amounts of perceiving traits as judging traits in this post. However, I definitely see Fe over Fi and I see more Fe than Ti, so that makes me think ESFJ based on this specific questionnaire alone.
I'll definitely look into the possibility of either (or something similar). Dominant Fe still feels... off, I guess, and for judging functions most of my judging traits tend to come about as a matter of being obsessive-compulsive. I'd be more pressed to guess ESFP out of the two, but as Se tends to be regarded as being very action-oriented and spontaneous (and me realistically being more idea oriented and cautious) I still have doubts on that; granted, I've only recently started making an effort into perceiving and understanding the physical realm on a much more objective basis in a manner similar to my ENTJ best friend, so my answer may also be reflective of my efforts to be less subjective and more objective... however much my head may hurt from it :confused: Perhaps it's a stretch and "exercise" of tertiary Te that's starting to become a little draining on me?

you are such an ENFP :p seems like you're beginning to develop your tertiary Te ^^

i dont see any sensing o.o
After thinking about it a bit (heh) it might be a development of tertiary Te, though @Enfpleasantly's reply does make some sense as well.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I'll certainly look into Se-Fi and Fe-Si a bit more, though both I do have my reservations about (listed at the bottom). Now, to answer your questions...

Depends on the circumstance. If it's something I absolutely do not wish to be involved with or it goes directly against my beliefs I won't budge an inch. However, if it's something I perceive as trivial (or at least not serious) I'll often go along with it and justify why I did it after the fact, especially if I didn't want to have any involvement; I'll basically try to find the silver lining of a situation if I can help it.

Subjective, without a doubt, which leads me to believe Fi instead of Fe, though perhaps with Fi (as it IS personal and subjective) to find right and wrong in ways that can be perceived as Fe? (I'm not entirely sure what I just wrote in that last sentence, to be honest... it kinda makes sense?)

I'll definitely look into the possibility of either (or something similar). Dominant Fe still feels... off, I guess, and for judging functions most of my judging traits tend to come about as a matter of being obsessive-compulsive. I'd be more pressed to guess ESFP out of the two, but as Se tends to be regarded as being very action-oriented and spontaneous (and me realistically being more idea oriented and cautious) I still have doubts on that; granted, I've only recently started making an effort into perceiving and understanding the physical realm on a much more objective basis in a manner similar to my ENTJ best friend, so my answer may also be reflective of my efforts to be less subjective and more objective... however much my head may hurt from it :confused: Perhaps it's a stretch and "exercise" of tertiary Te that's starting to become a little draining on me?

After thinking about it a bit (heh) it might be a development of tertiary Te, though @Enfpleasantly's reply does make some sense as well.

Well, you are definitely open-minded, that's for sure! :) I just wanted to be as honest and objective as possible. I get the feeling a lot of your answers were centered around spiritual beliefs? I think that can sometimes obscure things; similarly to how if I were to answer these questions with my kids in mind, I would seem much more Fe-like, I'm sure.

You could definitely be tapping into your tert Te if you're finding yourself being more objective than you have been previously in your life. I was personally around the age of 20 when I consciously started to think about things objectively, and I definitely think it was my tert Te. Either way, I personally think you are a F type, and a very fun one it seems :)

By the way, I do see you overall as ENFP or possibly ESFP over ESFJ; I was just analyzing your answers in your OP alone...and I could've totally botched that analysis up badly for all I know, since I'm still rather new to this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts