Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems like there is always an overwhelming element of dumb luck in everything i do. and it works tremendously. does this happen to u? do u think its Ne

Reactions: deSouza

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes, Ti shifting through what your Ne comes up with. It throws out the ideas that are totally outrageous and not likely, and refines the ones that could work. Those are the ones you end up trying.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Like they said, Ti working through Ne. I call it the shock factor. It's how I taught myself multiplication, and shocked everyone in my first grade class. It's the reason other kids in school thought I was so smart.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes, Ti shifting through what your Ne comes up with. It throws out the ideas that are totally outrageous and not likely, and refines the ones that could work. Those are the ones you end up trying.
Now that you mention it, it really makes sense.

·
Registered
82 Posts
never realized it was Ti, I've found myself in meetings offering unconventional insights about situations that others respond well to, but I haven't thought them through previously, I walk away thinking "where did that come from"

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Due to a recent test I am questioning weather or not I am an ENTP. And strangely you guys are talking about something I have had all my life. :laughing: It was the Cognitive functions test that is on one of the threads.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I get this a lot as well. All of my friends tell me that I'm, "The luckiest unlucky person ever," and by that they mean that I seem to have horrible luck for a lot of the situations I get myself into, but I also find miraculous ways out of them. I have good second order luck if your into that calc BS.

I'm wondering, is it Ne if I'm driving and there are two intersections ahead of me, both stoplights and about a block apart from one another. The light closest to me has been red for a while, and the one behind it has been green for a while. I instinctively step on the gas and my friends are having a fit because they think I'm just flat out running a light. The light nearest to me that was red turns green just as I speed through and the one behind it that was green turns yellow just as I speed through it. Everyone in the car thinks I'm either some kind of mystic or just a recklessly lucky bastard.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I guess Ti+Ni makes SUPER dumb luck, with Ni subconsciously laying out the path and Ti subconsciously filtering to figure out which ways would work. *fistpump*

·
Banned
998 Posts
I get this a lot as well. All of my friends tell me that I'm, "The luckiest unlucky person ever," and by that they mean that I seem to have horrible luck for a lot of the situations I get myself into, but I also find miraculous ways out of them. I have good second order luck if your into that calc BS.

I'm wondering, is it Ne if I'm driving and there are two intersections ahead of me, both stoplights and about a block apart from one another. The light closest to me has been red for a while, and the one behind it has been green for a while. I instinctively step on the gas and my friends are having a fit because they think I'm just flat out running a light. The light nearest to me that was red turns green just as I speed through and the one behind it that was green turns yellow just as I speed through it. Everyone in the car thinks I'm either some kind of mystic or just a recklessly lucky bastard.
That was indeed a useful post.

I love timing the lights. I try to drive in such a way that I don't ever have to stop, maximizing my average velocity. If I see a light is not gonna turn green in time, I will stop at the last second. Fish tails are fun too.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I do that same thing with traffic lights. I usually can tell when the light is going to go green. It just seems right, based on traffic movement, other lights, etc. from all the other times I've been in traffic, and knowing how it's probably going to work. I wonder if that's actually Ne-Si+Ti?

One other thing I do, is if I think it's going to go green, and I'm the first car in my lane, I'll slow down before I get to the line so I can get back up to speed faster. There's a row of stoplights down one of the main streets in this city, so I try to time it so that I can get through all of them while they're green or yellow (or turning red as I'm going through the intersection). It's usually out of necessity anyway, since I'm probably almost late for something.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

its obvious...ur harry potter

·
Registered
749 Posts
its obvious...ur harry potter
If I was Harry Potter I wouldn't be messing around with traffic lights in the first place. I'd have a fucking broom to fly around on.

Let's keep our literary references apt and grammatically correct please:

It's obvious... you're Lennie Small, and you're, "gonna tend the rabbits!" *Pow!*

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
LMFAO, I guessed on the last 14 questions of my programming test and got all them right.

I wouldn't pull a stunt like that again if I could help it, obviously, but it's still awesome. *fistpump*

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
I can relate. I've been told all the time how insanely lucky I am, but at the same time those people tell me they could never operate the way I do or they'd go crazy. Regarding traffic lights I do the same thing, there is a row of traffic lights in my down town and as soon as the first one gets in view I'll judge if I should slow down/speed up so when I get to it I'll set my self up to go through all the lights with out stopping. I can usually get them pretty well now since I have a pretty good feel for their timing. I also do alot of things spur of the moment/last min without any planning than when they work out people claim its because of how lucky I am. Ti, Ne can be a pretty awesome combination! Giving you the ability to do things spontaneously and have them work out perfectly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts