Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides tales of switching topic mid-sentence or laughing at inappropriate times, does anybody here have a story of your Ne getting you into interesting situations?

Here's one of mine:

My young and attractive 7th grade English teacher once asked the class to guess her high school nickname. At the time we were reading the short story "Where are you going, Where have you been" and my teacher was hinting that she was nicknamed after the stories protagonist. However, upon hearing the question, A prepubescent me tactfully shouted out "Slut!". The classroom immediately broke into laughter and my teachers face was a mix of embarrassment and shock. After class i explained to my teacher ,using 12 year old logic, that i connected her question to the characterization of the protagonist in the story, i then connected that characterization to the character "Regina" from movie mean girls, and finally i remembered that Regina called all the other attractive girls "Slut", so that's where the Freudian slip originated. Thankfully she had a sense of humor and I didn't get into too much trouble

So once again, what are your stories of Ne Gone Wild?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Back in 5th grade, I had the genius idea of testing how far I could throw an eraser lol. My thought was that "hey! it'll float like a piece of paper, right?" Haha, wrong. It landed on my teacher's desk :D I got a call home for that one.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
.... (not sure if this is a product of Ne or just pure paranoia)

I blow situations out of proportion : Few months ago I was looking through a shelf at barns and nobles. Some man bumped into me and it shocked me because I was so zoned out. He apologized and instead of moving on, first thing in my head was

".... what if he's a serial killer who's been stalking me and purposely did that in order for me to acknowledge his existence? What if he does that again? Should I fallow him to his car and record his license plate so I can write it somewhere and if he ends up being successful in killing me, hopefully they'll look through my stuff and find the number. Should I start carrying a knife around? Hmm... but what if he chooses to carry out his attack today? I could buy this book and then use it as self defense... *realize I have no money* And what if he's waiting outside now for me to get out? I know! I'll wait to walk out just before another person exists, therefore if I am captured, someone will automatically notice. But what if the individual happens to be a comrade of his, who chooses to purposely walk out at the same time as me? I should choose an old lady then. And just as I walk out, I'll find a few large rocks and stuff them in my pocket, keeping me hands in there so I can pull them out quicker. Then, if he comes from behind I'll automatically smash his face in with a rock, hit him in the balls, then...... "etc.

These type of scenarios happen very often.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I was 15 or 16 (can't remember) and it was about 3 weeks away from spring break. I had cabin fever like mad. One day I woke up and thought "hey ... I really don't feel like going to school today", so I grabbed my backpack filled it with cloths, grabbed $100 I'd been saving, and walked out the door (picking up my boogie-board on the way, which I hadn't used in about 2 years since I moved back from California). I jumped a fence to the freeway and stuck my thumb out heading south.

About 3 days later I was in a town called Lafollette (sp?) in Tennessee. I picked up a pay phone and called home. My mom answered with a "where the hell are you, we've been looking for you for 3 days". I told her I went hitch-hiking. After a bit of a chewing out she asked when I was planning on coming back. I told her I wouldn't be to long, and that I'd call every now and then to let her know I was still alive.

All said and done I ended up making it down to Florida from Detroit MI, hitch-hiking down the west coast of FL, around the southern tip, and then back up the east coast until I hit Cocoa beach right at spring break (boogie boarding anywhere I could find waves ... which are sad in FL .... and sleeping on the beach). I had some buddies who had driven down for break, so I stayed with them until they were done and then hitched a ride back up with them. Got home a little less than a month after I left.

Man that was a fun trip.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hmm, never done anything out of the ordinary like these above. Makes me reconsider my type.

One time I got fed up with some girl in grade school, recruited a few classmates as henchmen, snuck into the classroom during recess and stole the girl's diary with intent on reading it. She had it locked and there was no time to open it before class resumed. She somehow figured out that someone messed with her diary. Teacher lined us up at a wall outside to question us, and one of my henchmen cracked under pressure and got me trouble. Never trust henchmen to carry out a simple plan.

I am paranoid though...

My Ne will basically make any connection it can to make me think someone can and will break into my house and kill me at night unless I cover the security flaw. fml

Hehe, now I'm thinking those two stories have some psychological connection...

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
I can't remember this, but according to family legend...

When I was in preschool? Kindergarten? Young enough that I actually got away with it...we had a giant Christmas pageant. I was a little shepherd girl, apparently. On Christmas Eve, all the parents came to watch our play.

Apparently, half way through, I became incredibly bored. I stood up and shouted, "I'M A HORSE!!" I then proceeded to jump off the stage and run around the auditorium screaming. No one seemed to be able to restrain me. Horribly enough, other kids started getting the same idea and began to follow me around screaming as well.

They wound up calling off the Christmas pageant because we wouldn't calm down, and my mother was too mortified to claim me as her daughter.

I'm laughing hysterically in the the middle of a restaurant as I type this, although I don't know how much is Ne related and how much is just the exuberance of youth.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
.... (not sure if this is a product of Ne or just pure paranoia)

I blow situations out of proportion : Few months ago I was looking through a shelf at barns and nobles. Some man bumped into me and it shocked me because I was so zoned out. He apologized and instead of moving on, first thing in my head was

".... what if he's a serial killer who's been stalking me and purposely did that in order for me to acknowledge his existence? What if he does that again? Should I fallow him to his car and record his license plate so I can write it somewhere and if he ends up being successful in killing me, hopefully they'll look through my stuff and find the number. Should I start carrying a knife around? Hmm... but what if he chooses to carry out his attack today? I could buy this book and then use it as self defense... *realize I have no money* And what if he's waiting outside now for me to get out? I know! I'll wait to walk out just before another person exists, therefore if I am captured, someone will automatically notice. But what if the individual happens to be a comrade of his, who chooses to purposely walk out at the same time as me? I should choose an old lady then. And just as I walk out, I'll find a few large rocks and stuff them in my pocket, keeping me hands in there so I can pull them out quicker. Then, if he comes from behind I'll automatically smash his face in with a rock, hit him in the balls, then...... "etc.

These type of scenarios happen very often.
Oh my god. Thank you, for that. LMAO!!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I was 15 or 16 (can't remember) and it was about 3 weeks away from spring break. I had cabin fever like mad. One day I woke up and thought "hey ... I really don't feel like going to school today", so I grabbed my backpack filled it with cloths, grabbed $100 I'd been saving, and walked out the door (picking up my boogie-board on the way, which I hadn't used in about 2 years since I moved back from California). I jumped a fence to the freeway and stuck my thumb out heading south.

About 3 days later I was in a town called Lafollette (sp?) in Tennessee. I picked up a pay phone and called home. My mom answered with a "where the hell are you, we've been looking for you for 3 days". I told her I went hitch-hiking. After a bit of a chewing out she asked when I was planning on coming back. I told her I wouldn't be to long, and that I'd call every now and then to let her know I was still alive.

All said and done I ended up making it down to Florida from Detroit MI, hitch-hiking down the west coast of FL, around the southern tip, and then back up the east coast until I hit Cocoa beach right at spring break (boogie boarding anywhere I could find waves ... which are sad in FL .... and sleeping on the beach). I had some buddies who had driven down for break, so I stayed with them until they were done and then hitched a ride back up with them. Got home a little less than a month after I left.

Man that was a fun trip.
Now I remember why ENTPs have Ti as their second function.... and what if someone refused to pick you up or you had someone to stay with? The trip would have been far more miserable. You got lucky this time.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Now I remember why ENTPs have Ti as their second function.... and what if someone refused to pick you up or you had someone to stay with? The trip would have been far more miserable. You got lucky this time.
Meh ... that was back in the mid 90's. I didn't always have some place to stay though. I spent quite a few nights sleeping in storm drains and under overpasses. I even slept in a tree in the woods a few times (not a good nights sleep lemme tell you). When I got down to Florida I slept on the beach EVERY night except for the week of spring break when I stayed with those buddies. Not getting picked up wasn't really a problem (I'm charming enough to talk my way into their cars) ... but for any stretches where I didn't have a ride I just walked til I got some place or until someone picked me up. The whole thing was a blast ... every last second of it.

Reactions: Playful Proxy

·
Banned
492 Posts
Ive never done anything too DEVIANT, at least as far as school goes. When i was around 10 or 11 years old, i used to have a thing for yelling things out the window, or wearing halloween masks while i was in the passengers seat of a car.

This one time i was in the city, and i was screaming "Im the king!" out the window wearing a burger king crown. And this crazy black dude came up to me, to tell me about martin Luther king Jr.

At one point, i also had a 3 foot barbie doll, which i would hold out the window and drag against the road. During summer, when the tar on the road would melt, the barbie would get tar in its hair.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You frighten me, Moon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts