Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of other INTPs experience irrational fears of future that are common for inferior Ne?
For example fear of losing a loved one to the point where it becomes actually weird
Also, I used to be afraid of being late and sorts of sicknesses, that is quite far now though.
So, what do you think?
Tell me if you need more info.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Well I have a fear of the future in that there is a fear that my life will remain static and not become what I'm working towards. Good news recently is making that fear less.

Aside from that I used to be afraid of being late a lot because I was often late, and I let it bother me a lot more then, being afraid of consequences. Really no consequences came so the fear is not there like it was. It still bothers me, because I don't like being inconsiderate of other people, but can't beat myself up all the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was only an example that I could remember, but I see. It seems to be rather why we are afraid of things than what we are afraid of. That could be one factor. Thank you for replying!

·
Registered
INTP
1,052 Posts
I try not to worry about things and to be afraid of things that are outside of my sphere of influence and control. That's more of an XNTJ thing. They're the control freaks.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I try not to worry about things and to be afraid of things that are outside of my sphere of influence and control. That's more of an XNTJ thing. They're the control freaks.
On the other hand, when you actually have some influence on important things, that's when the trouble starts, counting pros and cons to the point of exhaustion.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Here's my view on fears. We being the analytical minds that we are should be able to look at our fears and realize which ones are rational and which ones are not. Toughest fears to conquer are the ones we do not know are there, such as the reason we may be procrastinating(aside from our personality type if it is just a regimented task) may be fear of failure. If you figure that out then telling yourself that you have already failed if you do not try, then makes it easier. Just speaking from experience here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts