Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have a theory regarding the effect of the primary constituent of cannabis, Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), on certain types.

Among other symptoms like increased appetite and dry eyes and mouth, THC alters the way an individual experiences reality. In many cases, this sudden change in perception leads to anxiety, confusion and paranoia.

It seems as though those susceptible to Cannabis induced anxiety are people who use Se - Ni as their perception network. This mode of perception is focused on the present, objective reality (Se based reality), so the distortion produced by THC's presence can feel uncomfortable. On the other hand, many Ne - Si users seem to enjoy the effects of THC, as they are concerned with subjective reality (Si based reality) which is not defined by a specific time and place.

I was wondering, how is your experience with Cannabis and what axis (Ne-Si, Ni-Se) are you using?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is a very interesting post!!
I once thought that cannabis made me feel like an INFJ, i guess it somehow intensifies Ni, Fe, Ti, Se and attenuates Fi, Ne, Si, Te.

The reason is when high i tend to just want to enjoy the moment (Se) and feel that i want harmony with everyone (Fe). I also tend to see patterns and relations between things that i never though about before (Ni) and think very logically (Ti) meaning here that i detach myself from my thinking and think about things as they are rather than how i would like them to be.

In the other hand i dont want to feel deeply about any matter(Fi), to organise anything (Te) nor to think of possible outcomes (Ne). The only non INFJ function i may still use is Si as i still like to repeat and indulge in past sensor experiences or memories, but not as much as living the moment (Se).

Maybe this is because i'am (most probably) an INFP and i then have a perception switch and indulge in my shadow functions?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
ive had similar questions regarding cannabis and cognitive functions.

ESTP here.

I've been a regular 420er for 5-6 years now and scattered here and there before. I'm 38.

When first using, sometimes i experienced paranoia and anxiety while high, but it comes and goes... if i ignore it, or 'let it go' it goes away.

in the past 2 years, i've been getting more comfortable with sitting around doing nothing and day dreaming/spacing out - which i think is the use of Ni... since this development, i havent had any anxiety or paranoia to speak of. weed seems to 'intensify' reality, for me. feeling is enhanced as well, i am more prone to a good tear-fest watching movies or videos.

My brother is an INTJ and has been a regular smoker for 15 years minus a few here or there. In my late 20's i discovered that 'my brother normal is like me being high'... all of a sudden 'i get him'... all the delayed and 'out of place' comments now seemed expected and more normal.

I've long suspected that weed enhances or dampens certain cognitive functions, and certain types would have different effects than other types.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts