Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an ENFP and a dominant Ne users. I have a question to ask to all primary or secondary Ne users (xNxP's): When you are dreaming, theorizing, and just using Ne altogether and spacing out, do you ever voice your thoughts and think out loud? Also, do you have wierd facial expressions on your face when you are zoning out and people think that you are a fucking psycho or say that you are crazy? This happens to me all the time. Does it happen to the rest of you all?

Reactions: CuriousMan

·
Banned
932 Posts
I know you didn't ask about inferior Ne but sometimes I will catch myself talking to myself aloud without realizing it and then I will stop to look around to make sure no one heard me. I started talking aloud in the shower one time and my roommate heard me and made fun of me for it. It always happens when I am doing mindless chores and my mind is just kind of drifting off.... is that Ne?? I don't even know. I am still trying to figure out when I use it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I talk out my thoughts by myself whenever possible and whenever i'm not doing anything. It's my form of mental maintenance.

I used to think I always required someone to talk to as an outlet for my thoughts, but I realized that I just needed to say my thoughts out loud and it didn't matter if someone was there to listen to them or not.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I do this! Especially when around other people, in case they pick up on my train of thought and want to join in. I also apparently talk in my sleep. :proud:

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Thinking out loud? No....
But discussing things with people does help me understand them better. Sometimes just saying things out loud helps me understand things better. But I don't think out loud.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I think out loud, and talk to myself, a lot. Often I will pace about, talking to myself or thinking out loud, in the middle of the night like a psycho. Maybe I am a psycho. :laughing:

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I spent 3 days talking to myself at one point. But its all on a sequential basis, and then I solved a bunch of self problems, not so much the Ne manic thought process of multiple thoughts simultaneously at once. I wonder if Se is the same way?

·
Registered
30 Posts
To the great annoyance of my classmates I do math out loud, but that's about it.
This. For some reason, verbalizing numbers makes them more tangible to me. Other thoughts? Not so much. More on topic, my friend with dominant Ne does think out loud a lot, or so she tells me. :happy:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Yes! My gosh, it's embarrassing. People think it's peculiar/funny when I talk to myself. It's like I have zip files in my brain and feel compelled to unzip them by talking. I'm not sure why. One time I decided I was going to stop talking to myself and my mind seemed so quiet without all the chatter. Then I got stressed out and started talking out loud again.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I talk to myself...maybe it's more like muttering under my breath. Sometimes, I don't even realize what I'm muttering.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spent 3 days talking to myself at one point. But its all on a sequential basis, and then I solved a bunch of self problems, not so much the Ne manic thought process of multiple thoughts simultaneously at once. I wonder if Se is the same way?
I don't know? I know quite a few Se users and I've never known any of them that do this. They tend to be more distracted by their physical surroundings and what is going on in the present moment. Ne users tend to
go into their own little world, dream, and then unknowing voice their inner thoughts.

Yes! My gosh, it's embarrassing. People think it's peculiar/funny when I talk to myself. It's like I have zip files in my brain and feel compelled to unzip them by talking. I'm not sure why. One time I decided I was going to stop talking to myself and my mind seemed so quiet without all the chatter. Then I got stressed out and started talking out loud again.
lol, yeah it's like this for me too. Just yesterday, I was in a waiting in a large waiting room packed full of people trying to get in the financial aid paperwork for this college that I am attending and I kept zoning out over and over again. The people there all said that I was a wierdo. I then agreed with them. They also busted my chops and told me that I needed to be on medication. I then laughed and whipped out my daily klonopin and adderal pills that I am perscribed and said, "Oh you mean these pills? Yeah, they don't help much." The reaction that I got to this was quite hysterical. I'm used to be calling "wierd" and "abnormal"; I've been hearing it all of my life. I'm immune to it now, and just take it as a compliment.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Dead thread rising...

Yes. And I don't care what others around me think about it.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I don't actually know.. I notice people seem to be reading my mind even though I'm in the habit of keeping my lips closed. I want to make absolutely sure I don't say what I'm thinking.

Sometimes my boyfriend will seem to think that I said something when I didn't say anything.. a little creepy..

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Everybody thinks out loud at some point in their lives.

Mostly, I like to bounce my ideas out loud, off of other people, and have those ideas bounce back to me, or be disagreed with, etc. Then I can come at it from different angles.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yes, I have a very hard time thinking without somehow externalizing the thought via talking, writing, typing, etc. I was traveling for work this week and I spent every evening in the hotel room, literally nonstop talking to myself from the time I got back to the room to the time I went to bed. Woke up in the morning and started again. I have a very hard time thinking at all otherwise, it's actually not a great habit lol. ETA: Not sure this is type related though, I see ESFJs and ESFPs I know do the same thing. Maybe it's extraversion related, but probably not even that

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
There is a chance I'm an Ne users : I have "conversations" : in my mind I pretend like I'm explaining something to someone. It helps me understand what I'm thinking better : when you actually put words on it, it develops into something so much more than it was before. I pretend like I'm explaining things to imaginary people ALL the time : like narratives, converting one substance into another. I think a lot of people do this : it's crazy how much more about something we can realize simply through the process of attaching the understanding to words (yet how much of the actual, original substance is also lost in the process). Sometimes there are nagging, nagging things, things you can only really relax about when you've attempted to "talk them out" (whether you're talking in your head or not). Otherwise they're just floating, you know they're there but you don't really know them, they're like wild, foreign things. So I talk them out, I tame them, and feel like I have a better grasp.

I pace around to bumblefuck and back though lol. When I'm thinking about something and talking about it as I'm thinking, I completely hunch over and speed up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts