Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ne is described as seeing possibilities. It's described as the ability to recognize potential. It's described as the ability to see underlying causes for things without logical connection.

This is how I would describe Ne.

Using this function, your mind is occupied in the moment. But unlike Se, which is occupied in the moment in order to seize its surroundings and recognize its own influence upon its environment, Ne has no interest in control. The interest of this function is to understand its environment conceptually. Se seeks to understand its environment practically, Ne seeks to understand it via a subjective basis. The subjective basis makes it difficult to define Ne because every person uses this function differently.

The capability of this function lies in how much its user cares to conceptually understand what it observes. The ability to accurately size up and understand the complex nuances of a situation is a characteristic attributed to this function. But that only happens when the Ne user actively zooms in to the object which has captured its attention. It is not an automatic gauging of insight to what it observes. It can only connect patterns as far as the user is willing to do so.

That is why the Ne user is attracted to novelty. It is not merely that novelty is recognized by the function, but it is that novelty gives the Ne user a place to explore and connect new patterns and connections. The Ne user is attracted to the unknown because it feels that what it knows has already been explored to the fullest depth of potential understanding and application.

The mistake the Ne user makes is in assuming that the data they have already gathered is enough to judge the potential of that object or situation. The function user experiences elation when it uncovers the greater meaning to something it had perceived. But the Ne user often stops searching for greater meaning on the basis that the grass is greener elsewhere. Therefore, ideas are left open and inconclusive and relationships are tossed out. The function user feels they have "squeezed" all the life and meaning out of something and must move on.

My advice for Ne dom/aux users is to never assume that they have fully understood and recognized the potential for something. Life is enormously, indubitably complex, and this function has the ability to grasp layers so deeply, but it almost always assumes it has reached a "stopping point" to that depth. Once they stop searching for depth in something, they move on, abandoning their previous fixation. Instead of moving on or dropping something they feel has no more to it, they should integrate that object, hobby, or thing to their adjacent judging process. Via Ti, it means connecting it to other ideas to build something from it. Via Fi, it means connecting it to one's self as a part of their identity. Identifying with the thing you have branched out to great depth will give you a greater feeling of purpose than abandoning it and moving on.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Ne is described as seeing possibilities. It's described as the ability to recognize potential. It's described as the ability to see underlying causes for things without logical connection.

This is how I would describe Ne.

Using this function, your mind is occupied in the moment. But unlike Se, which is occupied in the moment in order to seize its surroundings and recognize its own influence upon its environment, Ne has no interest in control. The interest of this function is to understand its environment conceptually. Se seeks to understand its environment practically, Ne seeks to understand it via a subjective basis. The subjective basis makes it difficult to define Ne because every person uses this function differently.

The capability of this function lies in how much its user cares to conceptually understand what it observes. The ability to accurately size up and understand the complex nuances of a situation is a characteristic attributed to this function. But that only happens when the Ne user actively zooms in to the object which has captured its attention. It is not an automatic gauging of insight to what it observes. It can only connect patterns as far as the user is willing to do so.

That is why the Ne user is attracted to novelty. It is not merely that novelty is recognized by the function, but it is that novelty gives the Ne user a place to explore and connect new patterns and connections. The Ne user is attracted to the unknown because it feels that what it knows has already been explored to the fullest depth of potential understanding and application.

The mistake the Ne user makes is in assuming that the data they have already gathered is enough to judge the potential of that object or situation. The function user experiences elation when it uncovers the greater meaning to something it had perceived. But the Ne user often stops searching for greater meaning on the basis that the grass is greener elsewhere. Therefore, ideas are left open and inconclusive and relationships are tossed out. The function user feels they have "squeezed" all the life and meaning out of something and must move on.

My advice for Ne dom/aux users is to never assume that they have fully understood and recognized the potential for something. Life is enormously, indubitably complex, and this function has the ability to grasp layers so deeply, but it almost always assumes it has reached a "stopping point" to that depth. Once they stop searching for depth in something, they move on, abandoning their previous fixation. Instead of moving on or dropping something they feel has no more to it, they should integrate that object, hobby, or thing to their adjacent judging process. Via Ti, it means connecting it to other ideas to build something from it. Via Fi, it means connecting it to one's self as a part of their identity. Identifying with the thing you have branched out to great depth will give you a greater feeling of purpose than abandoning it and moving on.
I write songs but I don't complete them as in work on them till they are published. I keep getting distracted by new songs. So then i have all these ideas of songs or new songs come up and I feel the old ones are stale... and the new ones are fresh. Is this Ne working?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts