Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you do it?
Am i the only slob around? I mean i was gonna show a pic of my room how it looks on a typically day but geez, its embarrassing!

my books are all over the room.. crumpled papers that missed the bin still lies near or far from it, my makeup is everywhere, a lipgloss here, mascara there. clothes!, gadgets, papers!, water bottles etc stashed everywhere!! geeez. i go all out about 1-2 times a month to get organized but it gets all over the place eventually. sort of like the way i take notes... i try to be all perfect at the beginning of the semester but check me 2 - 4 weeks in.. back to my ugly scrawls and doodles all over the pages...sigh. i guess its not a huge issue but it would be nice for ppl to stop calling me "chaka chaka" which is Jamaican for Untidy!

for all you neat and tidy ENFP's out there how do you do it!!???

Does personality type even affect this sort of thing

Am i the only on (sniffle) like this? it would make me feel good if you all have/had the same issue so i dont feel so much like a freaking slob!

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
xxxP types have been shown to have a tendency towards untidiness, but this does not mean a correlation between untidiness and P types. I know just as many J types who have pig sties as P types who have spotless homes. The ENFP I know, for example, admits to a slight tendency of OCD and can't stand for a moment to have anything out of place.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I don't think I've ever met a tidy ENFP... and I know PLENTY

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Haha me tidy? I don't tidy up unless i'm asked, it's not something I put at the top of my list.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I must say in my growning up years I was the messiest one in my home (my dad must be in ISTJ and he would give me the "look" if things got too out of hand - I would then immmediately clean my room up). Now, I find that I do better with peer pressure (e.g. - living with roommates or with a SO). If left to my own devices, I will only pick things up my clothes when I do laundry...:mellow:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sigh.. thank god i am not the only one!!!:blushed:

now, for the neat ENFP's where are you? i need advice :(

·
Registered
493 Posts
Woman just be yourself, you have to be a little more confident into what you do =P.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
easy for you to say. you are a guy. the world doesnt expect much from you when it comes down to neatness. ^^
i guess.. sigh, i will just remain messy for the rest of my life :| lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I reckon it's the people who don't have anything more interesting to do that concentrate on cleaning, those and the people who don't have any control over the more important areas of their life, they substitute this for control of their immediate environment by keeping it really Clean!!....I like to think interesting people with lots of other things on their minds don't have time to clean....thats my excuse:wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think I can apply the term Organized Mess, for my living situation. Every where. Writing ideas, scraps with doodles, opened mail, pens, alchemy supplies, coffee mugs, and papers that i have collected and couldn't decide if they where important not to be thrown away. My clothing stays in a neat pile.... by neat I mean not all over the room, and the dirty ones go into hamper.

I do take pride however for never leaving dirty plates and jazz like that laying around. The funny thing is, that no matter how messy it seems to get I can tell you exactally where everything is.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm a slob and I drive my wife nuts, but I'd do a lot more cleaning if she'd do it with me and we could make a game out of it or socialize while we did it... well that and if she wouldn't nitpick how I do things lol

I read a book called "Clutter Control" that I found helpful -- it didn't cure me of being a slob, but it at least helped.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So... I'm not helping our case any, but I am one of those messy ENFPs as well. I think I have just embraced it, now. It's just how I am. And like you said--I can keep it clean for a few days, but eventually, it is all undone and very quickly. Also, when I clean, it ends up taking FOREVER because I try to "organize" everything and then my room ends up looking worse than when I started!

I may be cluttered (clothes, books, papers on the floor and in piles and things), but I am not dirty. I do not leave food or anything of that nature in my room. I can deal with clutter, but I cannot deal with utter nastiness.

Also, I keep my mess confined to my bedroom. Sure, I have a full-size bed but only sleep on one half because I have stuff covered all over the other half, and sure, I have receipts, and things I bought but still haven't taken out of the bag, and post-it notes with "to-do lists" that I've never given a second glance, but I know how to keep it to myself. I don't like invading/intruding other people's spaces and I keep common areas (reasonably) clean.

Reactions: Eliz and Jorge

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I am actually neat and tidy for the most part (my ENFJ still want to think I'm one of them).at school I keep everything aligned and organized but when I'm at home on my computer around my desk there's piles and piles of trash behind my LCD monitor I know when to clean it when trash falls over the top of the monitor to my keyboard side.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I kinda have to be neat since my parents are all about organization. If I don't keep it neat then my mom feels the need to clean it for me. Then I lose track of everything.... i hate it so much.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I try SO hard to keep things tidy at first but somehow it always ends up messy :frustrating:

I'm just too lazy to put things away properly, but I swear there is a method to my madness. The other day I needed my headphones and my mom said "good luck finding them in that room," and I went in, went to the right side of my bed and knew that under some clothes and a few magazines were the earbuds. I know where everything is even if no one else can find it! :wink:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I do the "organized mess" thing, too. I also have a weird semi-photographic memory, which helps things. I have organization systems within my clutter, and I think the fact that I'm so generally cluttered almost makes my brain work harder and more efficiently at remembering where things are.

there are just so many more fun ways to spend an afternoon than cleaning up....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm good at keeping my place clean. But I always have a surface that has a stack of papers and magazines on it. I'm not good at organizing. And I hate doing the dishes, lol.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
No one knows where to find my stuff except for me. :laughing:

I hesitate to call it an "organized mess", purely because there isn't any rhyme or reason as to how things are placed; minus the fact that my futon has temporarily turned into a bookshelf. Everything's haphazardly placed around the room, and I can generally find what I need when I need it. When my mom organizes the house--and our house does look really clean--I seriously have trouble finding things for about a week. Even though my mom would have a heart attack if she looked at my dorm room, I'm confident I can find everything that I would need within 5 minutes.

Reactions: Dania and kaycee
1 - 20 of 46 Posts