Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INTJ's....conjure up an idea to delve into for us to discuss. the other posts I've noticed have ventured far from the post topic and it saddens me to look at the most recent comments in each just to see it's irrelevant from the topic.

with something to challenge the mind, we should be able to create something awesome through much conversation. problem is I'm tired of finding things to occupy my contemplation, give me an argument over philosophy, or SOMETHING!

I really just want to discuss something someone else is very compelled to think about right now.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Stream of thought:

-Shadow functions. Love them? Hate them? Develop them or toss them into the bin?
-Describe your anima/animus and how they evolved over time.
-Validity of Beebe's model or a critique of your own thought processes w.r.t. it
-Type interactions and forms of miscommunications
-Young v.s. older intjs, life lessons/evolution of personality?
-Philosophy: INTJ natural affinity towards German idealism v.s. various forms of existentialism

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stream of thought:

-Shadow functions. Love them? Hate them?
-Describe your anima/animus and how they evolved over time.
-Validity of Beebe's model or a critique of your own thought processes w.r.t. it
-Type interactions and forms of miscommunications
-Young v.s. older intjs, life lessons/evolution of personality?
-Philosophy: INTJ natural affinity towards German idealism v.s. various forms of existentialism
shadow functions: as what I've acquired from shadow functions so far tends to make me be wary of them, yet still compelled to develop them. it seems like trying to stretch your personality to thin, or vast. I also believe that taking on shadow functions could warp your regular traits, you know?
but at the same time, I feel like an INTJ of all people would be able to best cope with taking on shadow functions simply by using their
dominant traits to keep from feeling mislead when trying to take on something we aren't so familiar with because we don't like to be.
(btw I have no psychology experience from classes, Im merely a 19 yr old intj that developed my own plausible philosophy growing up. I want to learn from you guys what something is, because I know you are my peers of superior knowledge, but most of all: YOUTHINKLIKEIDO)
what are shadow functions to you? the stuff on your list all sound intriguing too, so pick your favorite and elaborate. you don't have to discuss shadow functions if somethings more appealing to you then another.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
more on shadow functions:

I've played around with them, particularly with Ne in social settings. Basically, it sounds like ridiculous banter and one-up-manship as we insult each other in various offhand ways. In a more brain-stormy/controlled fashion, it resembles taking information and constructing new ideas from it. e.g. Great for creating research problem ideas as it its something along the lines of "what if I take this and that and dump them together in a compactor..., the result would be a magnificent X..." *Goes write a grant proposal for it.

On demon Si: Very repressed. Sensory memory is very vague, almost non-existent. What I do remember however are the implications of them (mostly related to the self and thereby judged via Fi).

On Ti: Not great as its too rigid. Equations don't mean much to me unless I have some interpretation for them. It actually relates to a lack of confidence towards a single line of judgment/solution.

On Fe: Comes off as awkward if I practice it. I can't fake sincerity if I don't feel it. And I can spot it a mile away via Se cues.

So the basic conclusion is... screw the shadow functions (possibly with the exception of Ne). Using them is like shooting yourself in the foot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what are you talking about, we know all the solutions to the economy. we are just waiting till we are asked to fix it ;D

but srsly, I think the shadow functions are a crappy way of trying to ditto something your mind just doesn't get along with as much as what you've already built. I guess that's the INTJ mindset though huh? take what you know and try to understand what you don't

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
what are you talking about, we know all the solutions to the economy. we are just waiting till we are asked to fix it ;D

but srsly, I think the shadow functions are a crappy way of trying to ditto something your mind just doesn't get along with as much as what you've already built. I guess that's the INTJ mindset though huh? take what you know and try to understand what you don't
I liken it to Beebe's axis models. Every function has a diametrically opposed direction that can flip to without contradiction. i.e. Ni-Se, Te-Fi, Fe-Ti, Si-Ne. The shadow pairs all have contradictions. e.g. Ne invents meaning, Ni finds meaning. Si combs the past, Se revels in the present. Fi judges through the self, Fe expects through others. Te wants empirical validation, Ti wants logical consistency.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I liken it to Beebe's axis models. Every function has a diametrically opposed direction that can flip to without contradiction. i.e. Ni-Se, Te-Fi, Fe-Ti, Si-Ne. The shadow pairs all have contradictions. e.g. Ne invents meaning, Ni finds meaning. Si combs the past, Se revels in the present. Fi judges through the self, Fe expects through others. Te wants empirical validation, Ti wants logical consistency.
ew, I'd be sad to be Fe. well I shouldn't say that....... what makes an Fe find their answers?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
The existence of time
As defined by the thermodynamic arrow/the direction of irreversibility/increasing entropy, what we conceive of time is a collection of relational ordered snapshots of perception. The nature of the relational ordering is of a transfer function that somehow managed to sort/weight the snapshots a priori (perhaps a product of evolution?). e.g. its strange how one doesn't conflate the ordering of past memories and why we don't confuse the present/now with the distant past. Does someone with Alzheimer lose the concept of the present?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
To come up with a thread in a INTJ forum that one can comment on is highly skewed because there are many INTJ that are "stupid" to any given subject.
This result to derailed threads really quickly or frustration at such stupid question do to lack of understanding.

Some INTJs can only see as far as the paint on their palette well others can see 2-3 paintings down the road.
So we may get very vocal palette people over shadowing the gallery artist do to lack of understanding.

Also, nothing is more boring intellectual then talking about some meaningless subject like the economy as like the space program.
The government hide more then we like to let on, making sure they we never see the full picture.

If anyone has taken a theoretical business course you will realize this.

Reactions: societiesbestenemy

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
What about we INTJs come up with a long term plan where we put are smrts together and create a open source INTJ community.

Where many of us from this forums plan to invest and move to this community.
This world and society sucks anyways so what do we have to loses.

INTJ start a pilot community to show the world.

Reactions: Cetanu

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about we INTJs come up with a long term plan where we put are smrts together and create a open source INTJ community.

are you insisting... WOOORRRLLLDDDD DOMIIIINNNATTTIOOOONNN???

·
Registered
71 Posts

Im in, but only if we have punch and pie. Oh and everyone gets to live in a hobbit hole. I always wanted to build a simplified utopian society where everyone gets to live in a hobbit hole. Buy a nice big piece of land in the UK where the weather is not too extreme enough to die in, build homes that are closley aligned with nature, throw a few luxuries in and live peacefully.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Im in, but only if we have punch and pie. Oh and everyone gets to live in a hobbit hole. I always wanted to build a simplified utopian society where everyone gets to live in a hobbit hole. Buy a nice big piece of land in the UK where the weather is not too extreme enough to die in, build homes that are closley aligned with nature, throw a few luxuries in and live peacefully.

I second this. If fan girls can conjure up a boarding house (don't ask) then I'm sure INTJs can build a pilot utopian society with hobbit holes and punch.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I was thinking more a island.
That way we can see idiots coming. lol

Reactions: Cover3

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was thinking more a island.
That way we can see idiots coming. lol
You might be onto something there. I was thinking a plot of land in a first world country because if the shit hits the fan we can take better advantage of the post apocalyptic nightmare everyone else will be facing and i really dont trust small islands. I have this belief that half of them will be fully submerged in the near future and thats no good for the future of INTJtopia.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You might be onto something there. I was thinking a plot of land in a first world country because if the shit hits the fan we can take better advantage of the post apocalyptic nightmare everyone else will be facing and i really dont trust small islands. I have this belief that half of them will be fully submerged in the near future and thats no good for the future of INTJtopia.
There are islands with volcanoes on them allowing use to take advantage of the geothermal potential.

Also, if it ever happened, a post Apocalypse, fish in the ocean will not be effect as much as animals on land.

Best to be around as many ecosystems that we can, which islands are best suited for.

Reactions: Lloydy
1 - 20 of 25 Posts