Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this guy friend (ENTP) In my teenage years, been pretty close then we had like a 5 year falling out where we didn’t contact each other and recently i reached out, we started talking again every other week about shared interests not many personal things and i been trying to rekindle the friendship and i cant deny i have always been interested romantically so last week he sent me a “ heyyyy I’m back “ to which i responded like 30 minutes later saying “ “hellooo there “ and 9 hours later he sends “ helloo “ .. and i don’t know it was weird like we always had stuff to talk about we never shut up when we talked to each other so it felt kinda awkward i didn’t know what to say at all and me being my ENFP self just sent him some random silly meaningless troll post .. to which he never opened nor replied. Have i offended him in any way? Like i didn’t know WHAT to say and i care so much about the friendship i don’t want him to think i’m shutting him out. Should i message him again with a different conversation? Or just leave it at that since he doesn’t seem all that interested.

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
14,892 Posts
I had this guy friend (ENTP) In my teenage years, been pretty close then we had like a 5 year falling out where we didn’t contact each other and recently i reached out, we started talking again every other week about shared interests not many personal things and i been trying to rekindle the friendship and i cant deny i have always been interested romantically so last week he sent me a “ heyyyy I’m back “ to which i responded like 30 minutes later saying “ “hellooo there “ and 9 hours later he sends “ helloo “ .. and i don’t know it was weird like we always had stuff to talk about we never shut up when we talked to each other so it felt kinda awkward i didn’t know what to say at all and me being my ENFP self just sent him some random silly meaningless troll post .. to which he never opened nor replied. Have i offended him in any way? Like i didn’t know WHAT to say and i care so much about the friendship i don’t want him to think i’m shutting him out. Should i message him again with a different conversation? Or just leave it at that since he doesn’t seem all that interested.

No idea. Not enough context. Maybe just saying "hi"?

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,841 Posts
Maybe he's just been really busy? I would say that it wouldn't hurt to send him another message - maybe a question or another joke just to get the conversation going.
As tanstaafl28 brought up, not enough context but I think it's ok to show that you're interested in rekindling the friendship.

·
Registered
224 Posts
to which i responded like 30 minutes later saying “ “hellooo there “ and 9 hours later he sends “ helloo “
He left out one of the two superfluous letters to indicate that he doesn’t share your enthusiasm but left the other one to avoid appearing cold & heartless.

me being my ENFP self just sent him some random silly meaningless troll post .. to which he never opened nor replied.
Stop sending meaningless posts! NTs don’t appreciate that. Write a long and heartwarming love letter, just in case. If it doesn’t work wonders and my interpretation was correct post it here before he does the same:

[ENTP] - A place for love letters to ENTPs

·
Registered
368 Posts
bleh an ENTP i know does the same thing. It kinda a pain to get them to pay attention again once their focus is elsewhere. If youre serious about trying to connect to him in some way youre gonna have to be a bit forceful at first just to get the curiousity going.

Just my two cents based off of an ENTPi know. that being said i still rarely to to them.

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
14,892 Posts
bleh an ENTP i know does the same thing. It kinda a pain to get them to pay attention again once their focus is elsewhere. If youre serious about trying to connect to him in some way youre gonna have to be a bit forceful at first just to get the curiousity going.

Just my two cents based off of an ENTPi know. that being said i still rarely to to them.
Eh? Were you posting something? I wasn't paying attention. :p

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,597 Posts
Not male, but entp.

I don't see why he'd be annoyed at you. He even responded. Then you apparently just said hello back again? I'd probably be confused by that. Just start a conversation or whatever. If he ignores it he may be busy. It's probably fine.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
When I ghost someone - intentionally - then it's an actual block, physical and mental. Like a wall goes up where that person no longer exists.

If I'm not responding to someone for a few days without having blocked them, then I've literally just forgotten that I saw their message and went on and started doing something else that is a little bit more pressing or interesting instead.

I would just send another message. Start a conversation. Find something to catch their attention with. With me "Hey, comment on this article or meme" works really well. You want attention, become the shiny thing. Bait is irresistible.

Sometimes it takes me 4-5 months to get back to someone (if all the conversations have only been casual and not in-depth) and there's literally no ill will involved. It's a little bit easier to just not say anything than to tell someone that "they're not very interesting right now" because that comes across as dickish, but not saying anything is also kinda dickish .. but less so.

I went through a phase recently where I barely talked to anyone outside of posting on my server, but I kept reminding people that it's nothing personal - precisely because I've lost friends in the past who perceived me as "ghosting" or just not a part of their lives anymore.

I just started a conversation with another ENP this morning and we haven't talked in 3 years lmfao. We've known each other for 24 years now. He was my first friend in High School and we talk less than 2-3 times every 3-5 years but still somehow it feels the same as it did in High School.

·
Registered
ENTP type 8
86 Posts
I had a lot of encounters like that with women, I think the best advice you could have is if you bring up what you’re thinking in a friendly concerned way

Honesty is deeply appreciated amongst my kind and then you gradually mention your interest in like a week, don’t be rushy about it

Whenever I have that issue I mention the issue instead and when I have nothing to talk about I mention that I have nothing to talk about as a joke and that usually evolves by itself to a topic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts