Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I have lots of doubts between sensing and intuition. I’m almost sure that I’m IXFJ, most tests that I make tell me that I’m ISFP, but I don’t think that I’m a perceiver, as I’m not spontaneous and I have lots of difficulties leaving the comfort zone, I have to plan everything when I step outside of it. Its also very hard for me to work under pressure.
As I’m very submissive, and think a lot in how my decisions will affect people, I think that I’m a feeler, and as I need lots of private time to “recharge batteries”, I think that I’m introvert. I will be stressed if my social events are not planned.
My English is not very good, but I will try to do my best so you can understand me.

If you need more info about me, please ask, I wil be more than happy to clarify some answers, thanks a lot for your help.

PS: You can also find more about me in my answers to the enneagram quiz: http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-enneagram-type/417546-please-help-me-finding-my-type.html .

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Become an expert in a area of knowledge, I’ve always loved computers and related technology so I want to become a reference in software development or database management systems.
I wanted to pursue a career in Information Technology since I was a kid.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel like that I’m at my finest when I’ve finished a software and people are very satisfied with it, its great to see that I’ve helped people improving their processes. When this happens I feel competent for something ( I’m very very hard on myself).
When I accomplish something, principally a new software and things work well, or get a good mark in a exam, that’s the times when I feel at my finest.
The day when I finished my degree was also very important for me, after failing an engineering course, I’ve finally felt that I’m competent for something. Although I still beat myself for not finishing the engineering degree not because the directly IT related classes but because of the Mathematical Analysis and Physics classes.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I’m not spontaneous, because of that my life sticks to a routine, for example if I worked in a further place (currently I work as a software developer / database administrator in a small telecommunications projects company, I take about 15 minutes to get there), I could get a better career and salary, but as I’m very confined to my comfort zone, its very hard to get out of it, and I’m also not very self confident. I’m always thinking about “what will I do if something happens to me during the long way to work?”.
I wish I could be like the people who overtake the barriers imposed by the comfort zone, one of my colleagues at work has traveled a lot, I love hearing him about all the countries he visited, but unfortunately I don’t have the courage to go there.
For example, if I have to drive to a place outside of my comfort zone, I need to plan everything, even using google maps and street view to see all road signs, etc.
I’m also too submissive, its very hard for me to say no, because of that, I usually have lots of work over my shoulders.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Mostly about people, when I need to make a decision that has direct impact on people, my decision tends to be the one that doesn’t negatively affect people, sometimes its very hard and consequently I will have a lot of work over my shoulders because of my difficulty saying “no”.
If the decision is mine and not people related (tech choices like a new computer, cellphone, etc.) I like to hear the choices of the experts and make pros and cons lists. Although I buy a lot of things because I like, I have a collection of Nintendo characters figures and merchandise just because I’m a Nintendo fan, so in terms of videogame consoles I buy Nintendo.
My priorities in decisions are the ones who involved less risks and the one of have less negative impacts on people so I avoid conflicts.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I need to have control, I need to know the progress of the work as I hate suffering the pressure of near deadlines and thinking that have no time to make a good work which is very important for me.
A good work need to have their arguments supported by good and credible references and not Wikipedia links as a lot of my colleagues do and the diagrams need to be clear, detailed, correct and described, not the quickly made and “good enough” that some of my colleagues do.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Two years ago, finally my favorite singer came to a venue near my house, I like so much finally going to a concert of him, I had lots of fun hearing the songs I hear for years live.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Usually, I buy some books about it, then I read the examples and try to decode them, when I understand them, I try to create my own examples and test them. Examples are very important for me. In programming I learn a lot with commented source code I hate long theoretical explanations which bores me a lot. I also research a lot in the internet.
I’m also good memorizing things, in middle school I was great in the history classes because of my “memorization capabilities”. People look for me a lot for because I know lots of Excel functions.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
A little messy, my bedroom is a bit untidy. I’m obsessive compulsive, and although in the past I was very tidy, now since I went to the psychologist, I’ve started to become a little disorganized, one time I talked to him about this, and he said that it is better to be disorganized outside than inside.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Usually I look for information that supports it and the credibility of those sources, if it’s a scientific idea, I look for arguments of known scientists / experts. And its very important to know that they are real scientists and not some kind of scammers.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Definitely making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group, I hate conflicts and do my best to prevent them.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I usually think before I speak, when I make a phone call, I start to plan what I will say. I prefer one-on-one communication and in group discussions I rarely say anything. Sometimes, when I have an idea, I talk to one of the persons who I know more after the meeting so I get proper advice if I should tell in another meeting.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
As I’ve said, spontaneity is not a strong point for me, so I need to know where I’m jumping, if I don’t know, I will become very stressed.
If my friends invite me to go to a new place, I look for information in the internet about it to so I know where I’m going.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It depends, If is a night out in a disco or another place with lots of people, probably I’ll refuse and stay at home inventing an excuse like “Thanks for your invitation, but I have a very important assignment to finish” and stay at home.
If it is a quiet meeting with 1, 2 or maybe 3 people I would probably accept and record the show to watch later.
But if I don’t have a way to record it and I really like the show, I would stay at home for either case.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
It depends, at work if I’m suffering pressure and my programs are failing, I get stressed and other people notice it, sometimes I even throw pencils into my desk, although I blame myself and tell other people that it is nothing with them and I’m very sorry to disappoint, inside I feel very incompetent.
I also stress a lot before exams, when I was in college, I studied a lot to reduce that stress, but it was very complicated, and I almost ended up taking some anxiety drugs in the exam day and sometimes in the day before, headaches and stomach pain were very common for me before exams, mostly because my parents were very hard on me if I got a single bad grade.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I’m very helpful, some days ago, I’ve helped a lot an intern in my company developing an application, I’ve taught him lots of things and fixed some bugs in his application, when the boss came and he presented it, the boss was very happy and congratulated him, but he didn’t say that I’ve helped him a lot and I hated that. I like to be credited when I help.
I also don’t like people who are too vain, like the ones who post on facebook photos of their new very expensive clothes and see other people giving likes to them, for me If people need to be vain about something is about its knowledge and competence.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like to talk about my interests like videogames, computers, academics, etc. I’m at ease talking about those subjects.
As I’m not interested in a lot of things that other people like (not very interested in football for example, I only like to know the final result of my team), and as I’m not spontaneous, I don’t have much “life experience” like other people as unfortunately I’m prisoned to my superego and a routine, its hard for me to merge with most conversations.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Hard question, I don’t pay much attention to sports, although I like to know the final results of my team games. Reality shows, soap operas are not things that I pay much attention.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends say that I’m extremely kind, have a big heart, but that I need to be more assertive and stand for my rights when needed.
They also say that I need to relax more, if one of my programs fail, I get near panicked, which almost happened one time, some months ago, when I needed to make a data extraction to a report, but due to a bad configuration of the server where the application database is hosted, the extraction failed, and I couldn’t deliver it on time, I almost got a panic attack, fortunately one of my colleagues stayed calm in that crisis and helped me solving the problem, his idea solved. The report was delivered with a 2 hour delay, it was very bad for me as I felt very incompetent and that I’m not a good professional and needed to change to another job.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Probably stay at home reading a book, researching a topic I like, listening to music or do a walk alone.

Edit: One of my biggest doubts is between Sensing and Intuition as you recommend this question to others to help distinguish between them, I will ask it as an annex:

Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I prefer the first one much more because I love landscape photos, and I like that magnificent blue landscape with an aurora borealis a lot, blue is one of my favourite colors. The waves makes me remind my local beach, where I sometimes go alone to relieve from my stress, its so good to hear the waves and the seagulls. Awesome photo!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts