Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow ISFPs,
I really want to make instrumental music...every day I have music and lyrics stuck in my head that I think are original and I want to share that to the world....I want to make music on a pc(currently saving up for a mac probably wont get one for a couple of months).I can read sheet music, I have a guitar and a violin(both of which I am horrible at) please help me out!!(I hope this isn't a trollish or a horrible first post)

Thanks guys,
Philosoraptor

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
You didn't really ask a question. If you could please specify what you want to know or what exactly you want help with, you can still salvage this post, although at this point I would say the chances of this post not being at least semi-horrible of a first post are grim.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Dont be mean Walrus.

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm assuming what your looking for is software to make music or music sheets? but yeah you might want to be more specific on what your asking...

Generally you will probably have to buy software if you want anything good. There are a few things I know of that you can use to make music with but the only name I can think of right now is Reaper. You will either have to buy it or do the trail. Not sure exactly how well it works.
Hope this is what you wanted!:crazy:

Dont worry there are more ppl on the forum who actually do music.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You would have to buy some hardware too, like a decent soundcard, to record your guitar and violin and of course a mic for your vocals.

As for software, i would recommend you FL Studio, it's great for beginners and you can make professional tracks with it too.

There are many tutorials on youtube on how to start making and recording your music on any software, just google around, and you will learn quickly.Just make sure you really want to do it, otherwise we can't help you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can probably get some freeware for writing MIDIs, that would be a start for practicing composing. For recording you can get an external piece of recording equipment for musician´s friend, zzsounds, or guitar center. They will use either USB or firewire. That way you don´t need a specialized sound card for recording which I heard aren´t great for playing sounds if you intend on play games on your computer. I´m not sure about the drivers or programs required for those interfaces.

You can get a tracker program like acid pro for recording and arranging your composition with your samples. Acid pro allows you to add effects, change pitch, and some other things to your sound samples. It will also compile everything into an MP3 (or whatever format). I´ve been using a ripped version of it a while ago but once I build a recording computer I will just buy the most recent version of it, it was very intuitive for me to use. This is my approach to making music but there are other ways too I´m sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In retrospect posting this was a pretty bad idea :sad: sorry! and what I meant was that I wanted to make beats for music using a pc, some basic instrumental or techno stuff I will be checking out and downloading those programs soon!!thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts