Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this was the exact right area to post this but oh well. I'm going to use bullet points to give as much information as possible. She did the test but we don't quite agree with the result which I'm not posting here because I feel like it might create a certain kind of bias for you.

-The first impression of her is usually somewhat social and bubbly - she likes talking to many different kinds of people in a very excited manner in one-on-one conversations: however, is more withdrawn in group conversations if she doesn't know everyone well

-Friends with popular people in the class but is not seeking popularity herself, likes to have a few good friends. Can easily talk to/text people she doesn't usually communicate with if needed

-Can be hypocritical: some years ago two guys, an ENTP and an ESTP, used to troll people a lot and she was usually somewhat judgmental towards them. However, she later on started doing the same things in even a meaner way with me (ENTP)

-Doesn't care about what others think about her that much: for example, likes to put effort into her appearance but during the final year nearly always came to school without make up which usually never happened before

-In group works that are of a great importance to her (for example lab experiments) can be quite controlling and be in charge of the group and the organization of the work

-Studies demanding subjects: we take the International Baccalaureate diploma thingy and her subjects are higher level mathematics, chemistry, biology and English and standard level ones Finnish and physics (=future doctor ones)

-Pulls all-nighters when doing for example lab reports: does it at the very last possible minute but still aims for perfect scores

-Loves to organize and host parties that are usually generally enjoyed by the guests. Can be intimidating when for example trying to find out whether someone will be attending or not in order to have everything in control

-When drunk, likes to have very long monologues if she's not satisfied with someone's (often an ENTP) behavior: the topics range from insulting an all-male gossip group someone is a part of or informing them that they should learn how to conjugate verbs in their native language

-Complaining is also present when sober: for example, an empty cigarette pack shouldn't be thrown on the ground and if someone does so, they'll hear about it and be forced to pick it up. Areas are kind of divided: in some it's acceptable to throw cigarette butts on the ground and in some not

-Has said that shouting is the most humiliating thing one can do and "does not want to participate in such low behavior"

-Usually doesn't care about whether someone has their shit together or not but if they for example do homework with her she's extremely annoyed if the other person cannot / is not willing to focus

-Very passionate and obsessed about some things, the best known one being cheerleading

-Can be surprisingly mean: we had a bet on whether I could be a month without Coke Zero (as I drink it over a liter a day) and the one losing had to spend four hours with one "absolutely terrible person" yet she still preaches about people mistreating that person

-Fights with teachers "if they are being fucking idiots" according to her own words

-Usually quite decisive but takes forever to choose what to eat in a restaurant or which ice cream to choose at a store

-Has an incredible sense of smell (picks up smells that no one has ever heard of) and often proceeds to tell her friends if she thinks they smell bad

-Usually likes most people but can spontaneously decide that someone is her new worst enemy (especially if they are people liked by everyone else. Quoting her: "I am just one step ahead of them, everyone starts hating them half a year after me" and that basically always happens to be honest)

-Cares about her friends: puts a lot of effort into presents, for example collected 275€ from classmates to make one girl's long-time dream come true

-Often thinks she's surrounded by idiots but finds good things about most people even if she finds that they don't succeed in terms of intelligence

Ask if you need something else, I couldn't remember everything that might be useful...:D

·
Registered
656 Posts
She still wants to wait and told me to ask if you can justify this...:D

(additional point: wants justification for everything)
I have to eat then I'll be out for the rest of the day. :crazy: I'll try to do it tonight though! It seems to me she's introvert and judger (IxxJ). The loving to host and organize parties is throwing me off, though, in deciding between introversion and extraversion. I'll analyze it more in depth tonight! :happy:

·
Registered
656 Posts
To me it's very clear your friend is a judger rather than a perceiver:

-make judgement that some of her teachers are idiots
-makes judgement sometimes that she's surrounded by idiots
-makes judgement that people who shout are of exhibiting low behavior

At first I thought she was an introvert because you said she was withdrawn in group conversation around strangers and that she likes to have a few good friends. Now, I'm not so sure because all of the behavior you described after that seems extraverted.

She exhibits a lot of obvious Te behavior when you describe things such as taking charge of the lab group, takes control when organizing and hosting parties and can come off as intimidating when investigating who will attend or not attend, telling someone to pick up a cigarette pack they threw on the ground.

Not caring about what people think of her tells me she has Fi in her function stack. An Fe user would try to fit in and be like everybody else. The Fe motto is "when in Rome, do as the Romans do".

The good sense of smell tells me she has Se.

So for the functions we have very clear and strong Te, and then Fi, and Se. I said earlier at first I thought she was an introvert, but now I think she's an extravert because I think introverts would have problems with:

-organizing and hosting parties
-long monologues about groups that annoy her and informing them directly what about them bothers her
-telling someone directly to pick up a cigarette pack they threw on the ground
-cheerleading (not that introverts can't do this, but it seems more like an extravert activity)
-fighting with teachers
-telling friends directly that they smell bad
-fundraising 275€ for a classmate

All the extraverted traits outnumber the introverted ones in your description, so I'm going to have to go with extravert!

I'm going to have to go with ENTJ. I chose ENTJ over ESTJ because seeing whether someone will be her enemy sounds like introverted intuition, Ni.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To me it's very clear your friend is a judger rather than a perceiver:

-make judgement that some of her teachers are idiots
-makes judgement sometimes that she's surrounded by idiots
-makes judgement that people who shout are of exhibiting low behavior

At first I thought she was an introvert because you said she was withdrawn in group conversation around strangers and that she likes to have a few good friends. Now, I'm not so sure because all of the behavior you described after that seems extraverted.

She exhibits a lot of obvious Te behavior when you describe things such as taking charge of the lab group, takes control when organizing and hosting parties and can come off as intimidating when investigating who will attend or not attend, telling someone to pick up a cigarette pack they threw on the ground.

Not caring about what people think of her tells me she has Fi in her function stack. An Fe user would try to fit in and be like everybody else. The Fe motto is "when in Rome, do as the Romans do".

The good sense of smell tells me she has Se.

So for the functions we have very clear and strong Te, and then Fi, and Se. I said earlier at first I thought she was an introvert, but now I think she's an extravert because I think introverts would have problems with:

-organizing and hosting parties
-long monologues about groups that annoy her and informing them directly what about them bothers her
-telling someone directly to pick up a cigarette pack they threw on the ground
-cheerleading (not that introverts can't do this, but it seems more like an extravert activity)
-fighting with teachers
-telling friends directly that they smell bad
-fundraising 275€ for a classmate

All the extraverted traits outnumber the introverted ones in your description, so I'm going to have to go with extravert!

I'm going to have to go with ENTJ. I chose ENTJ over ESTJ because seeing whether someone will be her enemy sounds like introverted intuition, Ni.
Thank you!:) She was pretty pleased as she finds herself an ENTJ, test results have given that but sometimes also ISTJ and INTJ (which upset her to a great extent). She asked some friends to type her and got "very annoying" results, the ones I can remember were ESTP, ESTJ, ENFJ and ESFP. You, in her opinion, got the correct one and apparently she trusts someone who actually cares about typology way more than the friends who tried and failed:D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thank you!:) She was pretty pleased as she finds herself an ENTJ, test results have given that but sometimes also ISTJ and INTJ (which upset her to a great extent). She asked some friends to type her and got "very annoying" results, the ones I can remember were ESTP, ESTJ, ENFJ and ESFP. You, in her opinion, got the correct one and apparently she trusts someone who actually cares about typology way more than the friends who tried and failed:D
Hah, that was fun. Glad I could help! :laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts