Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the enneagram test and it says 11.7, 11, and 11 % chance of being 8,9,5 respectively.

I think I'm either 8w9 or 9w8, but here goes,

I'm introverted. I do not care much for having a social life.
However I love to keep moving, it's what keeps me happy. (I love a wide variety of sports, general rule more speed = better sport)
I do love logic puzzles, it's what keeps me on my toes.
I am even tempered, I do have problems with apathy.
I am not spiritual or seeking a deep within power.
I do not desire control, leading nor following.
I have a pretty nonchalant attitude. I do love to daydream.
It takes me a long time in order to become comfortable with a friend (at least 1 year of knowing)
I do not try to impress people. As that is a phony thing to do.
I resist control: (Me: *I want some salad, Grandma said: You should have some salad. It's good for you!, Me:*Naah I don't want salad anymore)
I have never had an emotional explosion, but emotions are extremely hard for me to understand. They can creep up on me. That has only happened once
I am pretty brutal when I beat myself up. I'd rather be beat up by a bully. I have gotten bullies to stop bullying me easily.
I feel at ease with myself most of the time.
I can be decisive when no decision has been reached.
I have gotten mad because I kept dying in CoD or when someone interrupts my gaming time.
I can become hard on myself when I have caused a lack of harmony.

TIA for helping me out

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in another country (this is 3rd year) and periodically go home.

With my family/employers/teachers: Very distant, I don't talk to them much. I actually avoid my family, they do have a way of making me feel bad. This is the only circumstance where I avoid confrontation.

Friends in old country, when I return, it's like I never left. We all get really hyped up.
Friends in new country, I haven't gotten hyped like I did in my old country. I also don't talk to my old country friends.

I don't confront but I don't back down from one. There's nothing better than confrontation as that leads to a better world.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I took the enneagram test and it says 11.7, 11, and 11 % chance of being 8,9,5 respectively.

I think I'm either 8w9 or 9w8, but here goes,

However I love to keep moving, it's what keeps me happy. (I love a wide variety of sports, general rule more speed = better sport)
I do love logic puzzles, it's what keeps me on my toes.
I am even tempered, I do have problems with apathy.
I am not spiritual or seeking a deep within power.
I have a pretty nonchalant attitude. I do love to daydream.
It takes me a long time in order to become comfortable with a friend (at least 1 year of knowing)
I do not try to impress people. As that is a phony thing to do.
I resist control: (Me: *I want some salad, Grandma said: You should have some salad. It's good for you!, Me:*Naah I don't want salad anymore)
I have never had an emotional explosion, but emotions are extremely hard for me to understand. They can creep up on me. That has only happened once.
I am pretty brutal when I beat myself up. I'd rather be beat up by a bully. I have gotten bullies to stop bullying me easily.
I feel at ease with myself most of the time.
I can be decisive when no decision has been reached.
I have gotten mad because I kept dying in CoD or when someone interrupts my gaming time.

TIA for helping me out
All of the bolded suggests 9w8 over 8w9 imo...so does your overlap with your current MBTI type listed. Trust me, INTP 8w9 is a weird combination. How sure are you of not being w1? Seems like you at least have some perfectionistic tendencies / high standards and expectations for yourself.

[HR][/HR]

E9's rage can be directed inward or outward. E8's is directed outward only.

E8 doesn't fret over this as much, even w9. It's not their primary instinct.

I have never had an emotional explosion, but emotions are extremely hard for me to understand. They can creep up on me. That has only happened once.
That really only happens in the unhealthy states anyways. Still, the lack of explosiveness makes me wonder about 9w1. One of the main distinguishing factors is that 9w8s are more explosive. I wouldn't rule out w8 entirely based on just this though, there's so much more behind it than that...

8s do.

8s are statistically more likely to be Extraverted.

This is very different than E8's resistance of control. To give an example...

I relate to the exertion of energy thing in the sense of resisting my surroundings partly. I pay a lot of attention to threats to my independence, living situation, etc. and I always strive to maintain the upper hand. Without that I feel highly vulnerable. Say for instance I reside in a home with a roommate...if it's not under my name, or I'm not giving more, or they don't need me more than I need them, etc. then I don't feel safe. I don't need control over others because I am controlling or something, I need control in the sense of independence because I don't feel safe unless I maintain it. I'm not interested in screwing anyone over, I don't want things to be negative, but I think if I give people too much freedom they will walk all over me...so the freedom has boundaries that protect me. (I don't take peoples' freedom, I just don't give them freedom within whatever is my "zone" so that they can't get to me.) In the past I have "tuned out" the awareness of the threat if I don't think it's within my means to eliminate it.

Obviously this is a 9w8 approach more than 8w9, but you get the point.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
All of the bolded suggests 9w8 over 8w9 imo...so does your overlap with your current MBTI type listed. Trust me, INTP 8w9 is a weird combination. How sure are you of not being w1? Seems like you at least have some perfectionistic tendencies / high standards and expectations for yourself.
Probably reasons why I am not a w1.

I do have high standards, but those are to push myself further or to grow. People have certain standards, mine are high. I had to lower them to be happy with myself.
If I get a bad mark, I basically just shrug it off like it is nothing (especially if it's an exam).
I don't beat myself up when things don't go my way.
I had this architecture design class where it required me to be a perfectionist, most draining and boring class. Although building a model house was extremely fun. I was proud of it at the end even though it wasn't perfect.

Probably not related but the same test I took ordered me from percentages
Type : Percent
8 : ~17%
9 : ~11%
5 : ~11%

I do love neat graphs, got that from programming. That is the only one that I make look good.

===================================================================================================

[E9's rage can be directed inward or outward. E8's is directed outward only.
It was hopelessness that beat me up, not rage.
When I had enough, I ended a friendship.

As a kid, if I got mad, I would try and break something. I always took my rage out on the environment. Now I leave the room if I feel the madness building up.

8s are statistically more likely to be Extraverted.
What if I'm that truly that 1% of people? (Or whatever the minority is)

This is very different than E8's resistance of control. To give an example...

I relate to the exertion of energy thing in the sense of resisting my surroundings partly. I pay a lot of attention to threats to my independence, living situation, etc. and I always strive to maintain the upper hand. Without that I feel highly vulnerable. Say for instance I reside in a home with a roommate...if it's not under my name, or I'm not giving more, or they don't need me more than I need them, etc. then I don't feel safe. I don't need control over others because I am controlling or something, I need control in the sense of independence because I don't feel safe unless I maintain it. I'm not interested in screwing anyone over, I don't want things to be negative, but I think if I give people too much freedom they will walk all over me...so the freedom has boundaries that protect me. (I don't take peoples' freedom, I just don't give them freedom within whatever is my "zone" so that they can't get to me.) In the past I have "tuned out" the awareness of the threat if I don't think it's within my means to eliminate it.

Obviously this is a 9w8 approach more than 8w9, but you get the point.
This example perfectly describes my rage and defensiveness.
I only feel threatened when my independence is at stake.
Back to the hopelessness thing too, I felt like I had no control either. At least with rage I still feel like I'm in control. I still use If A then B thinking. Ex. If I punch you, then you will cry...

:penguin:

·
Registered
45 Posts
@SimplyEnigmatic I'd give 9 core a spin.

I don't get the driving force characteristic of 8s from you. What I do get is a sort of benign, but resisting attitude characteristic of 9.

An 8 is going to happen to the world. It's not resistance to control, it's a simmering combative stance that actively pushes against. It's needing to rock the boat and jostle life into others in order to feel alive. It's pushing for contact and going deep on things, if that makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts