Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m interested in personality theories and philosophies based around 4 elements, but all the information I find on it is rather playful. Would anyone happen to know any extensive, descriptive articles, books, places on the topic ? Maybe teachings based on it ?

·
Banned
33 Posts
Do you mean from a Historical perspective? Obviously the, "four elements" was an ancient way of explaining the universe which has absolutely no bearing in reality.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a lot of information on the original(?) 4 elements role in Alchemy, I’m interested in the existence of the possible derivations from it that were adapted to suit a personality theory similar to contemporary ones ? Basically I’m looking for an interesting read that is more extensive that just “you’re fiery so your element is fire”. Or even if that is its main principle, I want something that analyzes it more deeply.
Is there some school of thought that looked into this ?

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Look into "melancholic", "choleric", "sanguine", etc. Humors, I think they are/were called. They connect the classical elements and personality.

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,761 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts