Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i filled out the mbti form that was on a post. results:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
i got intp on the mbti test, but i enjoy sports and i think have introverted feeling.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
i want to know things. how things work, and why they are the way they are. i find it fascinating

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
when i 3d model well, because its something that i feel im really good at, and for once feel the best at something. also when im constructing things physicaly, lego, carbdoard or just building stuff.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
being bad at something i thought i was good at. being outsmarted

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
often, other peoples judgment on what my desicion will be changes my decision a lot. most of the time im very indesicive though. partly because of that

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
i dont usualy take control, unless i know i could do a much better job than the person in charge.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
the times were i have fun are always with my friends. mostly when im just hanging out with tehm, playing video games and stuff.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
i often use different strategies to remember things. ill often use theory, but a lot of the time i feel the need to be hands on to really understand it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
i am horribly dissorganized, if thats what the question is asking.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
i usualy see if it makes sense logicaly

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
im not really sure, but i think more the second option

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
i definately think before speaking. i think about everything before i say it. unless im talking about things i know well, like science, i often carry on and talk really quickly, like extraverted thinking.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
i think i mix with this one. sometimes i just jump into something, but i soemtimes do like knowing what.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
hm. depends what sort of night. if its going out, and doing stuff, i would stay home, but if its going over to there house and hanging out, i would do that

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
im usualy very calm, and dont get stressed, but when i do, often making a tough desicion with no logical answer, i get aggressive and aggravatable

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
i dislike people who are overly happy and posotive, i cant stand people who are hypocritical, probably one of the most annoying things in a preson

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
i really like talking about science. things that make me think, psychology behind why people do things

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
being organised. homework, but i do pay attention to school.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
my friends see me as very quite, and closed off. doesnt show emotions, and usualy calm and easy going. they would never say im emotional or hard to get along with. i dont show enough of myself for people to make proper judgments about me, so they havent got anything to be wrong about.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
i would stay home, play video games online with friends, go on the computer, watch tv and youtube, talk to friends on skype, that sort of stuff. and research random things that im interested throughout the day

any help would be awesome

·
Banned
600 Posts
I'm fairly confident that you're an INXP. Ne seems clear, as does Si, as does your preference of Ne over Si. I'm having a hard time telling if Fi or Ti is your dominant function. You seem to show inferior Te when stressed out, but your "I usually see if it makes sense logically." statement sounds more like Ti rather than Fi.

Ti v Fi should be a good read. After reading this, which one do you think you use?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm fairly confident that you're an INXP. Ne seems clear, as does Si, as does your preference of Ne over Si. I'm having a hard time telling if Fi or Ti is your dominant function. You seem to show inferior Te when stressed out, but your "I usually see if it makes sense logically." statement sounds more like Ti rather than Fi.

Ti v Fi should be a good read. After reading this, which one do you think you use?
i find it very interesting that you think i could be an f, over a t. ive always thought myself as a t. i overthink everything, i have a very hard time understanding other peoples feeling, and can be a bit insensitive at times. but ive never really researched the difference. i also see myself using te fairly often (definately not as much as ti). when im talking about something i know well, or when im coming up with an idea, ill will constantly be rambling on about stuff. anyway, thanks heaps for you help, i appreciate it a lot

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it would be a bit clearer if you took this test and listed out your cognitive functions.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes[/url]
i took the test and here are my results.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************************** (35.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.2)
average use

i took it a second time, and got quite different results, but i dont think they were as accurate. im not sure how accurate these are, but maybe they will give you some idea

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
i took the test and here are my results.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************************** (35.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.2)
average use

i took it a second time, and got quite different results, but i dont think they were as accurate. im not sure how accurate these are, but maybe they will give you some idea
Ti-Ne
INTP is a good fit.
Take a look at the INTP articles and see if they fit you.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Almost definitely IxTP. I don't see a clear preference for Ne/Si or Se/Ni. Maybe looking at the function descriptions will help too.

Reactions: DJeter

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

What makes you say Ne and Si?

·
Banned
600 Posts
What makes you say Ne and Si?
Mostly the following quotes.

most of the time im very indesicive though
i often use different strategies to remember things. ill often use theory, but a lot of the time i feel the need to be hands on to really understand it.
sometimes i just jump into something, but i soemtimes do like knowing what.
when im coming up with an idea, ill will constantly be rambling on about stuff
I get the impression of someone who likes to experiment with new ideas (fueled by a curiosity as to how things work), but who is also relying on experience sometimes.

Like all impressions, it could be wrong, I'm just sharing my thoughts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm leaning towards ISTP, but it is hard to say. Do you relate more to Ni or Ne? Si or Se?
that's what ive been trying to work out. when I took a functions test, it said that my ne was stronger than my ni, and my se was stronger than my si. so Now I'm just more confused. the ne was only a bit stronger than the se

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
that's what ive been trying to work out. when I took a functions test, it said that my ne was stronger than my ni, and my se was stronger than my si. so Now I'm just more confused. the ne was only a bit stronger than the se
Forget about the test. In general which of those functions, looking at the descriptions, do you relate to more?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts