Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Understanding some functions is really difficult for me. I understand how Se, Ne and Fi works, and maybe Si, and I slightly undersantd Fe, but I have no idea of how Ni, Ti, and Te work.

I am an Ne-dom so when I see another one like me I identify her/him easily, but is does not happen to me with the other functions. I want to be able to undersant all of them and to type people, so could you explain them to me in a more global way? Also, could you say what makes a person be an X function dom? For example, "a Fe-dom would do this and this because of this".

English is not my mother language so if someone speaks spanish I would be happy if they explained the functions to me in spanish.

Thanks cuties! And please answer :unsure:

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Ni is intuition so it works just like Ne. It's a certainty that comes from knowing without thinking about it. But whereas with Ne your intuition is based on some external circumstance that, if you cared to, you could (given enough time) point out to someone, and anyone with a brain would go, "ohhhh, I get it" because they finally see all the associations you did - Ni isn't based on the external. It comes from the subjective foundations of your own unconscious "reacting" to something. You can't "prove" it the way you can prove a Ne intuition, because it isn't based on anything real. It's based on who you are reacting to what exists. In that sense, Ni intuitions are very personal, and they often manifest to the person who has them as symbolisms or other abstract internalized language, like the memory of this song you heard at a concert years back, and then a glimpse of a face of some person - and you just know that sequence means this guy standing in front of you that you only just met is probably a jerk and you should figure out how to avoid him.

Ti is thinking so it works just like Te. It's a decision you make that you want to rationalize something until it makes sense. It's the process of "making things make sense" - but whereas with Te you can say "this makes sense because it makes sense to everyone (i.e., it is 'objective')", with Ti, it just needs to make sense to you. You rely on your own subjective capacity for reason itself. Remember, there would be no thoughts at all without great thinkers doing the thinking - and so, we have the natural ability to think already. Thinking doesn't have to ape reality all the time. You can engage in analysis of ideas, which is the process of breaking down thinking itself into its elements and making sure everything is logical. TL;DR: when you are making an argument based on facts alone, and your confidence stems from being objective in your thinking, that's Te. When you are making an argument because your logic is valid, even if the premises might be false, that's usually Ti.

I can form a chain here, from Fi, to Fe, to Te, that maybe will help.

So you already understand that Fi is not merely the fact that a person or a group is happy, sad, angry, etc - rather, Fi is what it is like to be happy, sad, angry, etc. It is the subjective side of emotion - what the experience of being in those emotions is like. And it is through a deep awareness and consciousness of that information that you can genuinely empathize with yourself, with others, and even with groups of people (although it becomes harder to do with groups because you kind of have to multitask to do it, which starts to feel impersonal, hence the preference for introversion "one-on-one" in Fi). And in contrast, Fe is not the subjective experience of emotions, it is the objective fact that we feel them, and it is basing your choices, your decisions around that information - letting knowledge of that guide you. In that sense, Fe can seem a little impersonal to Fi, because it actually is from a subjective point of view.

So moving to Te, you can see how it's the same thing as Fe, but with logic instead of emotion. You're basically doing the same thing - it has the same relationship with Ti that Fe does with Fi. Ti is the subjective side of thinking - the experience of doing thinking, so it becomes obsessed with the fine nuances of doing it well, doing it a certain way - like Fi, you see? It has that subjective quality to it. A Ti user can detect a bad argument because it just feels dishonest to think of it as true. Thus they are the truth seekers at heart and will question everything as if it were their moral duty to do so. Te is just very efficiency oriented, like Fe is very harmony oriented, but you can see right there, what I just said - efficiency and harmony - Te and Fe - you see the similarity? Both trying to organize a situation to be objectively in a certain state (I don't want to say "manipulating" things, but you get what I'm saying right? They are just trying to keep things under control.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts