Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
ESTJ 3w2 sp
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm definitely a core 9. I am completely unsure about my wing as I relate a lot to both 1 and 8. My guesses for my tri-type are as follows:

9w8, 2w3, 7w6

9w1, 2w3, 7w6

9w8, 2w1, 7w6

9w1, 2w3, 7w8

It has also recently been suggested to me that it could be 9w1, 7w8, 2w3. This I'm less willing to see in myself, probably because I don't want the 7 influence to be so strong. I will say that I definitely have an 8 wing somewhere, but that it may not be with my 9 core, as I've always been more prone to go with the flow than to stir up trouble. I avoid conflict like crazy, but once I'm in it, I'm usually quite capable of expressing my anger.

Thank you to anyone who reads all of this and has any advice for me. Feel free to ask for more information or to ask more questions.

Requesting help from @Boss, @Swordsman of Mana @Wake please :)

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I'm driven by the desire to prove people wrong about me. I've faced a lot of adversity in my life, and I've listened to a lot of naysayers. I allowed negative comments to fuel me to show people that I'm not what they might think.

I look for deep connections with others and a sense of belonging. I really value the feeling of being a part of something and often seek a family-like atmosphere.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I hope to become successful in whatever I choose to do. Most of the things I want to do with my life involve helping others in some way. I've decided that I want to become a sex therapist. My main problem has been settling down on one thing and going after it. I have many things I'd love to do with my life. I've wanted to do the following: a CEO of a company, a wedding coordinator, a human resourcing manager, a police officer, a writer, a lawyer. I've wanted to be many things. I've also wanted to open up an orphanage.

I also want to have a peaceful, warm, loving and close knit family. It's always been a dream of mine to have the "perfect" family, the kind of family where your kids friends want to join the family as well.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important you?

I hope to avoid being selfish, neglegent, a passenger in life, narcissistic, a liar. I value acceptance, calmness, boldness, efficiency, growth, honor, humility, independence, ingenuity, integrity, intimacy,

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

My fears are:

-Being alone. I need people in my life to connect with

-Being unloved. All you need is love? :p

-Feeling worthless/useless. I need to contribute in a positive way to my friendships and life otherwise I feel like I'm not living at all.

-Losing the ones I love. I can't handle the thought of losing someone, at least not in a tragic way, like them dying.

-Being unable to have children. I really want to pass on everything I know :3

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as:

-Strong

-Capable

-Independent

-Loving

-Open-minded

-Accepting

-Responsible

-Successful

-Together

I see myself as:

-Friendly

-quirky/weird

-quiet

-passive

-sometimes fierce

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel my best when there's a deep sense of comaraderie , when everyone is getting along well and there's joking and laughing and stories being told. When people share their life experiences, when they open up and talk about something painful or dark.

I feel my worst when other people are down, or if I feel unappreciated, lonely, or disappointed. I don't do well if I feel I've been treated unfairly, if it feels like my opinions and thoughts are being ignored or if too much pressure is put on me to excel.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

Anger feels hot, nearly molten sometimes. It simmers and bubbles and I try my best to ignore it. But the angrier I get, the easier it is to fuel, and eventually it boils over and explodes in everyone's faces. I don't like to show my anger, but there are times when I don't care. I get blunt, short and raise my voice easily.

Shame feels...horrible. I feel shame when I feel like I've contributed nothing or when someone of authority or who I care about expresses disappointment in my efforts.

Anxiety feels sickening. My stomach feels like it's in knots and my head races. I get surges of energy, but they are tainted with worry and thoughts of failure.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

I respond to all by shutting down and digging my heels in. Stress gives me headaches and makes me want to sleep always. Change fills me with anxiety. Conflict fills me with anxiety and nervous, angry energy.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

I analyze authority and hone in on weaknesses. I evaluate whether I want to give my loyalty to this authority figure or not. I will reject a weak/bad/abusive leader. I am very attracted to power and those who are truly powerful. I align myself to those in power and charm them for their protection.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I mostly have a very optimistic and sunny disposition on life and humanity. When I'm healthy, I think everything is amazing. When unhealthy, everything and nearly everyone is shit and we're all doomed as a species.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

I had an ex boyfriend who was only in my life to use me. I dated him for two years and lived with him for just over a year. I went through some really hard times with, and mostly because of, him. I moved away from home to be with him, and soon after my friends dropped me because they didn't like who I became when I was with him. We lived with three other people, one of whom became my best friend. But my ex turned me against the other two roommates.

Soon, there was a lot of conflict in our apartment, and I instigated most of it, but I did so because my ex had colored my perception and manipulated me to feel even more strongly about the situation. Over a few months, I had half of the apartment turned against the two roommates and made it so miserable and uncomfortable for them, before kicking them out.

They took a while to move their stuff out, and in the meantime told the complex owners that we had a cat in the apartment, which we weren't supposed to have. I told my ex to tell them that we would let their snake go free if they didn't come and get it as revenge for me losing my cat. I had wanted him to do it, but he didn't. I would've done it, but I was at work at the time.

The remaining roommate became my best friend, until my ex screwed up their relationship so bad that he ended up moving out. My ex and I were unable to afford the apartment on our own, but he had some friends renting a house who were looking for more roommates. It wasn't ideal, a house in a bad part of Orlando with five other people plus my ex and myself.

Right before moving in, everyone in the house told me that they hated one guy they lived with because he was an asshole. I decided to aggressively attack him (verbally) right after he got home from work. I told him how he was being perceived by the entire house and my observations of him from what little I knew of him. Naturally, he began insulting me back. Actually some of the worst insults anyone has ever directed at me. But I could tell I had struck a chord with him, so his insults didn't bother me. I eventually got him to cave in and call a truce :p

Not my best moment, but he did improve after that. Actually we became friends, which is better than I can say for the rest of the house. I spent most of my time locked in my room. I was constantly sick for about three months and began feeling suspicious and crazy. I was always anxious, afraid. I never wanted to leave the house, rarely ventured downstairs except to eat and clean.

My ex began spending a lot of time playing Second Life, where he met a Canadian girl who ended up falling for him. He would spend hours talking to her on the phone and barely spoke to me. I spent most of my time having very dark and cruel thoughts. Imagining him cheating on me, imagining my roommates talking about how much they hate me, thinking I would be kicked out of the house at any time.

I spent a lot of time riding my bike around and looking for a job. I went everywhere and applied anywhere I could. It all seemed fruitless to me as I never really heard back from anyone. My ex couldn't find anything either. We were relying on our roommates now to help us through this. I did my best to earn my keep around being in a nearly catatonic state most of the time. The shame of imposing on these people kept me hunting for a job. I felt guilty, listless, indulgent, and melencholy. I felt like everything and everyone was against me.

I grew more and more suspicious that I was being cheated on. I felt completely out of touch with my intuition. I was so angry all the time. Hurt, weepy, broken, shallow. Eventually we moved in with his parents, which was hell on earth. And I don't want to talk about it. I'll skip a little closer to the end.

Eventually I moved back to the area where I grew up and found a job and a new friend. I got an apartment with him and my ex. At first, everything seemed great. I felt like I was on top of the world. My ex just had to find a job and we'd be set. My ex had poisoned nearly every friendship I had, and tried to do the same to this one. And like all the others, it worked. He manipulated everything to make my friend look bad and make himself look better, meanwhile he was lying to me and wasn't really looking for a job. He did whatever he wanted and I blamed myself for it all.

My anger became nearly constant. Everything set me off. I started fights with him all the time, he would try to intimidate me physically by invading my personal space and ignoring my requests to back off. I would become so enraged at him that I'd usually end up hurting myself or throwing something.

My last straw was finding out that he treated a woman whom I respect greatly like shit. He over-stepped his bounds and made himself at home in her home while she was at work. I told him to get out and I refused to back down, even though he tried many times to get me to reconsider. He was unable to leave for two days after. By the way we acted, it seemed like we were still in a relationship. I cried a lot for a week. He would send me messages begging forgiveness. When he realized that I was serious, he began showing me a few different sides of himself.

He called me names, blamed me, guilted me, blamed himself then threw it back on me, and told me that he hated me/I should kill myself/etc. I ignored everything, though everything I endured took me about a year to get over. Once I had decided I was done, then I was done. I learned a lot about what relationships aren't supposed to be like. I learned, I healed and I moved on.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

Trust is incredibly important to me. It hurts me deeply when trust is broken, no matter which party has broken it. It takes a lot to earn my trust back, but I will also work hard to earn it back if I'm the one who broke it.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

Like:

-friendly

-easy-going

-optimistic

-creative

-enthusiastic

-excitable

-loyal

Dislike:

-unmotivated

-conflict-avoidant

-quiet/reserved

-unsureity/lack of confidence

-acting like a doormat

-bottling anger until there's an explosion

-numbing out my own feelings for "the benefit of others"

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

Their true selves, everything they hide under masks and acts. I see people as they are, however I've been known to fool myself into believing the opposite of how someone first appears. Basically ignoring my intuition and diving right into giving them a chance.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

If a stranger insulted me, I'd probably insult them back. I would feel hurt that they chose me to insult, and I'd feel bad about insulting them. If they complimented me, I say thank you and usually compliment them back.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

I am thankful to have found someone whom I can completely be myself with. Someone who accepts me and helps me grow, someone who loves me as deeply as I love them and is able to understand my different moods.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I agree with zallla.

I think you are a type 9w8 seeing how you deal with anger. But I'm not completely sure about this since I've never been in the same situation. I can get really paranoia when I am stressed out. 9's suddenly become unhealthy 6's.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Very interesting answers. I see very strong 6 influence there (read your answer on authority; charming authority to seek their protection is a six-ish manouver). You are also driven by a desire to prove others wrong (such move 'against' is both an 8 and cp6 thing). The combination of assertion and submission repeatedly emphasized in your answers is reminiscent of both 9w8 and 6 (p-cp). I'll have to explore this further, because it's not very clear cut. In a lot of cases, the type most 'obvious' isn't necessarily the correct type. @zallla's thread was an excellent example. 9w8 is the obvious choice, in your case, but if you're open, we can talk about 6 further. At the very least, it's your head type. I don't see any evidence of 7w8.

You definitely seem to disintegrate to unhealthy 6. Your integration pattern has strong 3-ish undertones. But, the doi and dod for the attachment triad (3,6, 9) can be quite blurred. A lot of 6s report disintegrating to 9. I also sense strong 2w3 influence in your answers - desire to be of service, of use, desire to be loved.

Also, you seem rather reactive for a core 9. A 9w8, similar to an 8w9, is sleeping giant-ish. They are incredibly difficult to provoke. You say you're quick to insult a stranger who'd try and insult you. I am an 8w9 fixer and core id type, and I am likely to ignore such insults until a certain line were crossed. Your story about that ex is very very telling. Your behaviour (instigating others and with good reason btw) is extremely cp6-ish in nature. Type 6 is far more inclined to manipulate (and I mean it as a compliment here) group dynamics in the manner you described. 9w8 aggression is pushy and possibly combative (and very hard to provoke), but it's not as 'sophisticated' and nuanced. The whole thing had cp6 written all over it. So, I am considering it strongly for your head fix for now.

Could you talk more about your relationship with trust? How trusting are you?

How do you respond to unfairness? How important is fairness, in your life?

When faced with a problem, are you able to numb out? Or do you avoid it while having a constant nagging voice inside that brings your attention back to the problem?

How do you feel about uncertainty? Are you more or less in tune with what could potentially go wrong?

You need to read the 6 and 9 descriptions here:

1. Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions
2. the enneagram ...info from the underground

tentative typing: 9w8-6-2w3 /6-9w8-2w3.

I will summon @Paradigm. It'll be interesting to hear from her.

·
Registered
ESTJ 3w2 sp
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your responses :)

@Boss

I wanted to offer some further insight into a time period where I was at my best, just before I met my ex. I wrote two blogs a while back about some of my experiences and to be honest, I'm almost embarassed to even suggest anyone read them because they're very long. At any rate, if you are interested, here are the links: http://personalitycafe.com/blogs/et...fe.com/blogs/etherea/kinda-long-part-ii-7598/

I definitely agree with 6 being my head fix. I'm hard pressed to see it as my core, but it's stronger than my heart fix for sure. I clung to 7 because I thought it would explain away my drug use, forgetting that the real reasons have been as a coping mechanism-- or to numb out.

Okay, here are the answers to your questions:

Could you talk more about your relationship with trust? How trusting are you?

I trust entirely too easily. I'm trying to be less trusting, as it has gotten me burnt in the past. I have to take a step back and think, is this person really someone I should be trusting? I used to trust without thinking, for instance divulging my secrets to friends who couldn't keep the gossip in. Once something like that happens, that person is pretty much going to be kicked out of my life.

How do you respond to unfairness? How important is fairness, in your life?

Unfairness is something I encounter on a semi-regular basis. I typically respond by immediately jumping onto the side of the unfairly treated person. It's pretty important to me that people be treated fairly, and I will usually speak and/or argue for the fair treatment of others. I'm more hesitant to stand up for myself though. I will usually take unfair treatment in the hopes that others won't have to.

When faced with a problem, are you able to numb out? Or do you avoid it while having a constant nagging voice inside that brings your attention back to the problem?

Depends on the problem. I can definitely problem-solve. But bigger problems, or too many problems on a really pressure filled and stressful day, and I will usually go numb pretty quickly. Which doesn't really help me solve the problem. Sometimes the numbness can last a few days, but eventually the problem will come back to me, and it will nag at me until I face it.

How do you feel about uncertainty? Are you more or less in tune with what could potentially go wrong?

I am not a fan of uncertainty. It makes me uneasy, to say the least. I have sometimes opted not to do things because I wasn't sure what would happen, and often would imagine all the possible ways it could go wrong. I would say I'm more in tune with what could potentially go wrong, but I could be a lot better. I want to be, anyway. It would be useful to feel more prepared going into things.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Having read your answers, I will conclude you're not a 9w8. :)
6w7 can be over-trusting. Once they've been over-trusting, the pendulum swings to questioning, suspicious and doubtful as you described yourself being at some point.

Being more in tune with what could possibly go wrong strikes against core 9w8. 9 is a positive outlook type. Your last answer is oozing core 6. And, so is your reply about your fairness and how you respond to it. I am sure you're 6:). The way you describe uncertainty and over contemplating negative possibities as getting in your way...is again very 6. Feel free to ask questions if you want.

Final typing: 6w7-2w1-9w8.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
@Etherea, it took me ages to recognize my Six core... Wise @Boss and some other people here helped :) I will probably question it at some point but anyway, it can be difficult. Just check my thread which has 11 pages and I'm still unsure about my tritype although I think it's also 629, with 2w3 though.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations:). I just had a look. I find the tWblogspot and oceanmoonshine descriptions to be far more detailed, accurate and nuanced, therefore far more helpful for typing purposes.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yes I'm familiar with those descriptions as well. It's all good :) I like the ones from mindheart because they're focused on differences within certain themes, not just descriptions on a plurality of topics.

I hope you can figure it all out Etherea.

Reactions: Sina

·
Registered
ESTJ 3w2 sp
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, I'm dredging this up again. I'm completely lost. I no longer think I even have a 9 fix and think it may just be a wing. I'm thinking about 1, 2 and 6 or 2, 3 and 6, and I have no clue what order either. I'm so confused now :(
@Boss I could really use your super awesome enneagram typing skillz please. And anyone else who wants to take a crack. I think this thread needs moar questions.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
No worries @Etherea
You can always call on my typing superpowers:p

Hmm. Let me see. I have asked you pretty much everything I needed to ask in order to get your core type down, which I find is Type 6. Look at the questionnaire again. It's designed to cover the entire tritype. See if you'd like to add more to your answers. Do you have any specific questions?

In the meantime, answer these:
Could you talk about how you approach morality?
Tell me how you express anger.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Ok .. I think it's about time I gave my opinion about your type.

- I didn't believe 100% that you're a 9 throughout the time you thought you were - even though I made it appear as though I did. I figured you'd eventually come to figuring out your core type on your own.

- I remember that one of the first things you talked to me about were your goals surrounding success, things that you stopped talking about after some time into our relationship. I felt your goals/focus change over time towards us and you've shown a great deal of flexibility in that.

- You've made relationships your defining achievement and sadly you haven't gotten those kinds of relationships in your life which has caused you tremendous amount of heart-ache

- Your dependent/aggressive tendencies are relatively easy to see, especially when you're pit in a role of playing a Rescuer. The way you talk about standing up to defend the under-dogs is something even I don't relate to at times, and I find myself commending you for that inherent ability.

- You have a "perfectionist" aura around you that's befitting that of a Core 2 much more than a Core 9, especially in relationships. You set yourself to a very, very high ideal in your relationships and also do so for the person you're in a relationship with.

- I've noticed that your need to be needed can become so strong that when I've exhibited my characteristic flightiness and desire to repress my own feelings, you've made sure that I've stopped, slowed down and examined my inner core. A 9 would not be that proactive in their SO's development, feelings --- they would take a more hands off approach. But sometimes, I notice that you're actually holding back on a lot more than you let on.

- When you're on and energetic, there's no one more driven than you and that's not just integration.

- Your penchant for doing favours for your office colleagues, friends, parents ... Man --- I have asked myself a million times "Girl ... do you EVER stop giving to others?" What's important here is to examine your motive for giving so much of yourself -- so much that you find yourself drained, exhausted --- and many times under-appreciated for it as well.

- So .. in other words ... you can probably guess, I really honestly believe you're a very healthy 2w3 now [you've been through your unhealthy 2 relationship and have learnt a great deal from that relationship which is why you don't relate to the unhealthy parts as much anymore.

As for your head fix. It's a very strong p-6w7 fix. The way you go about your office business is text-book 6. You respect authority and defer to it regularly to assist in decision-making as well as disciplining trouble-some employees. You are really stereotypically loyal and committed to the company you work for - but I've also noticed that the way you want to succeed at work is to be able to feel a sense of pride in being seen as more than just a competent boss. You want to be seen as the ideal boss, a friendly boss. Much more 2w3 there than 6w7 as well.

Your gut fix is a toss up for me between 9w1 and 1w9. I really feel you could be more of a 1w9 than a 9w1 there as well .. but it's a type I know less about about than the 9w1.

You're either 269, or 261 - with a sx/sp stacking.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Here's the Enneagram 3 and 2 relationship dynamic and I've highlighted the parts that I relate to having been in a relationship with you for almost 10 months. Mark out what you relate to:

---

Both Enneagram Twos and Threes are driven by their feelings and emotional needs-although this is not always apparent in the case of Threes. Both are also driven by their need for attention and the desire to be loved-although this is not always apparent in the case of Twos. But for these reasons, both are oriented toward people and toward activities that will place them in the spotlight. This makes the Two/Three couple one of the most interpersonally attractive and impactful pairings possible. Individually and collectively, they are outgoing, sociable, high-spirited, charming, and often physically attractive. Both know how to make a favorable impression on people and to win them over. Each type brings energy, personal and social ambition, the ability to communicate with people and to make others feel like they are the center of attention. Both know how to get people to like them and to rally support to achieve their goals. Twos in particular bring a more personal, individual focus to their interactions with others. They are thoughtful and follow up exchanges with genuine kindness and compassion. Threes bring flexibility, charm, practicality, and a goal-oriented vision for ways the couple can improve. Twos like to feel proud of their loved ones, and Threes want to make their partner proud.

There is also a particular way that this pairing works as a team: Twos like to put the spotlight on others, and Threes like to be in the spotlight. Twos like to be the power behind the throne, and Threes can be happy being the point person for the couple. As long as healthy Threes appreciate the lavish attention of the Two, this arrangement can work well. In a sense, this is almost an ideal political couple—socially adept, energetic, virtually radiating charm and self-confidence, inviting others (by their manner and attractiveness) to join them in some way.

Twos and Threes can be dazzling—a couple so widely admired and socially gifted that they become icons for their social sphere and time.

--

The last part is extremely true as we have literally seen this manifest on this forum alone - and we haven't even met in real life.

Heh .. it's a crude way of typing - but we have the benefit of doing so having been in a relationship for so long.

·
Registered
ESTJ 3w2 sp
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Boss

I consider myself a very moral person, it's pretty important to me to do the right thing. But what's more important than that, is why I do it. And truthfully it has a lot to do with looking like a good person. I want to be seen as good, just, strong, helpful. I do the right thing because I'm supposed to, even if the wrong thing would be easier or even if everyone else is already doing it. And yes, I do feel a sense of pride when I'm the only one doing the right thing.

How I express anger... That's a tough question. It definitely depends on a whole host of different factors. I prefer to keep my cool because I don't like to be seen as an overemotional person, however I also recognize that some instances it is expected and sometimes respected if someone reacts in anger, but only if done appropriately. In an argument in particular, I want to keep my cool because it makes me feel good if I manage to stay calm while the other person loses their shit. If I care about the person I'm angry with, I will usually become short with them, and if I'm comfortable with them, I'll usually address it in a calm way and let them know what I think they did that made me angry. If I don't care about the person, I can become more combative and will tend to stand my ground. This is a tough question because for many years I have felt that I shouldn't express my anger. After that, I became a loose cannon while incredibly unhealthy and would throw things or hurt myself to try to release my anger. It can become overwhelming.
@Jawz

Both Enneagram Twos and Threes are driven by their feelings and emotional needs-although this is not always apparent in the case of Threes. Both are also driven by their need for attention and the desire to be loved-although this is not always apparent in the case of Twos. But for these reasons, both are oriented toward people and toward activities that will place them in the spotlight.This makes the Two/Three couple one of the most interpersonally attractive and impactful pairings possible.Individually and collectively, they are outgoing, sociable, high-spirited, charming, and often physically attractive. Both know how to make a favorable impression on people and to win them over. Each type brings energy, personal and social ambition, the ability to communicate with people and to make others feel like they are the center of attention. Both know how to get people to like them and to rally support to achieve their goals. Twos in particular bring a more personal, individual focus to their interactions with others. They are thoughtful and follow up exchanges with genuine kindness and compassion. Threes bring flexibility, charm, practicality, and a goal-oriented vision for ways the couple can improve. Twos like to feel proud of their loved ones, and Threes want to make their partner proud.

There is also a particular way that this pairing works as a team: Twos like to put the spotlight on others, and Threes like to be in the spotlight. Twos like to be the power behind the throne, and Threes can be happy being the point person for the couple. As long as healthy Threes appreciate the lavish attention of the Two, this arrangement can work well. In a sense, this is almost an ideal political couple—socially adept, energetic, virtually radiating charm and self-confidence, inviting others (by their manner and attractiveness) to join them in some way.

Twos and Threes can be dazzling—a couple so widely admired and socially gifted that they become icons for their social shere and time.

Yeah, okay, I relate to all of it :p

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
6w7s are more inclusive than 2w3s. The friendly Boss applies more to 6w7 than 2w3. 2w3 is the dazzling Boss in command whose pride is palpable. A very firm and dominant person behind a charming exterior. They're also quite self-serving, whi6w7s are the more genuinely friendly Bosses. As for helping, 2s are not selfless in the self-forgetting sense. They are actually scoring virtue points with themselves when they help. Sincere=/= selfless. 2w3s can be very good at offering help with strings attached. There's this thing about 2s liking people to be in a state of 'indebtedness', in a way. They can call people out at anytime. 9s and 6w7s tend to lose themselves in helping others. For 9s, it's a boundaries issue. For 6w7s, it's a way of creating support and connections.

And, I don't think Etherea is a phobic 6 or head fix. From her self reporting, she clearly goes from p-cp. Phobic 6s don't plan and successfully execute social ostracizing maneuvers the way she did with her ex, especially the openly confrontational way she went about it. I actually commend her for that lol. Phobic 6s don't immediately insult strangers who insult them. I sense 6-like reactivity in her post, even though I can accept that she is generally a calm and composed person. There's far more 6 than 2 there.

·
Registered
ESTJ 3w2 sp
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Boss

Im friendly and inclusive, if I like you. If not, I will usually ignore you. For example, I have a troublesome, egomaniac employee who was trying to include himself in a conversation the rest of the department was having. I was the only one who noticed him trying to speak. I made eye contact with him, and then continued on with the conversation. If he weren't such an asshole, I would've spoken up for him.

As far as I know, 2's can become selfless the healthier they are. I am a completely different person than I ever have been (sappy moment warning, until Jawz changed my life :3). I have in the past been quite selfish, manipulative and judgmental. After meeting Jawz, I learned more and more about him. I assimilated some of his traits (the nonjudgmental attitude in particular, though I still struggle with it), I stopped manipulating people into "paying me back" for what I've done for them. Sometimes I still struggle when my efforts go unacknowledged. Am I anywhere near selfless? No, not really. I'm somewhere in between selfish and selfless right now. I don't expect pay back, I do things for my image or for the feeling, or both. Except when it comes to my SO.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
You need to read the 2 and 6 descriptions again. Tell me which parts fit you and which don't. Hit the ocean moonshine and TW blogspot links I shared earlier. The more detailed your response the better.

Your gut fix is 1. It's possible that the 2ish stuff is coming from the wing (1w2). I am open to considering 2 for your core. That said, the 6 influence is still strong. Let's focus on your core type first.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts