Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just found out last night that my ex is an ISFP. well, i *forced* him to take the test. (this was all done via whatsapp, btw, cos we're countries apart.) after he told me the result, he asked for the link. so i assumed he meant for his temperament. as it turned out, he wanted mine.

we broke up eight years ago, after being together for three. he is the one ex i'm having trouble getting over. so i'm likely to be reading into things that were not there.

as an INTP, we are a curious bunch. we want to know EVERYTHING. but him wanting to know more about INTPs... is that a sign that a part of him still cares? i can't figure him out, worse when it's online.

could anyone shed some light here? is it just wishful thinking on my part?

·
Registered
474 Posts
i just found out last night that my ex is an ISFP. well, i *forced* him to take the test. (this was all done via whatsapp, btw, cos we're countries apart.) after he told me the result, he asked for the link. so i assumed he meant for his temperament. as it turned out, he wanted mine.

we broke up eight years ago, after being together for three. he is the one ex i'm having trouble getting over. so i'm likely to be reading into things that were not there.

as an INTP, we are a curious bunch. we want to know EVERYTHING. but him wanting to know more about INTPs... is that a sign that a part of him still cares? i can't figure him out, worse when it's online.

could anyone shed some light here? is it just wishful thinking on my part?
It could mean a lot of things. He might still care, or he might just be interested on what your personality says since you have been in his life for many years. There's one person in my family who I haven't talked to in years (I don't plan to anytime soon either) but I would really like to know her results so I could read about her personality and also read how it matches up with mine. I definitely don't care about her (she has done some extremely bad things) but it would be interesting to read how she functions and perceives the world. ISFP's are also very curious. So whether he cares or not based on wanting to read about your personality is very hard to say.

The way I see it is, if you guys still talk 8 years after you broke up, odds are he probably cares about you in some way. When a relationship is over for an ISFP it's pretty much over. All ties are cut unless we reallllllly care about someone. That's based on what i've read about ISFP's and based on my own history. So that's why I said odds are he probably still cares for you in some way. I don't know any of the details though so it's hard to say. It sounds like you still care for him. Hopefully you two can have a talk about it sometime. :]

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could mean a lot of things. He might still care, or he might just be interested on what your personality says since you have been in his life for many years. There's one person in my family who I haven't talked to in years (I don't plan to anytime soon either) but I would really like to know her results so I could read about her personality and also read how it matches up with mine. I definitely don't care about her (she has done some extremely bad things) but it would be interesting to read how she functions and perceives the world. ISFP's are also very curious. So whether he cares or not based on wanting to read about your personality is very hard to say.

The way I see it is, if you guys still talk 8 years after you broke up, odds are he probably cares about you in some way. When a relationship is over for an ISFP it's pretty much over. All ties are cut unless we reallllllly care about someone. That's based on what i've read about ISFP's and based on my own history. So that's why I said odds are he probably still cares for you in some way. I don't know any of the details though so it's hard to say. It sounds like you still care for him. Hopefully you two can have a talk about it sometime. :]
it was hard for me to know if i still meant something to him cos he's so casual about things. yet he wants to know everything that's going on in my life, minus who i'm seeing right now. so your response provided the much-needed clarification. thanks! :wink:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I beg to differ. When a relationship is over for an ISFP it isn't set in stone - he *may* still be interested in you. But we're curious people too right - we want to know a lot about others. He may just care about you as a friend/person and probably isn't looking to get back with you.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I beg to differ. When a relationship is over for an ISFP it isn't set in stone - he *may* still be interested in you. But we're curious people too right - we want to know a lot about others. He may just care about you as a friend/person and probably isn't looking to get back with you.
That has crossed my mind too. As an INTP, I may push for an answer no matter how uncomfortable it makes the person feel. I need to know if he still cares, but for reasons I've yet to pinpoint, as the situation hasn't changed since we broke up; we're still countries apart.

I've been lurking around in this part of the forum, and it has been very helpful. You guys are such fascinating people. The more I learn about the ISFPs, the less inclined I am to broach the subject with my ex. As a matter of fact, I've decided to leave him alone for now unless he initiates contact first. :happy:

·
Registered
383 Posts
The thing about us is, we may still like someone but we don't know it. We don't make concrete decisions but things are usually in the grey. He may love your company but not like the confinement of a relationship. That's a good choice you made there. If two people are meant to be together it would come naturally. That's what I believe in anyway. Forcing a relationship on an ISFP is not a good idea.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing about us is, we may still like someone but we don't know it. We don't make concrete decisions but things are usually in the grey. He may love your company but not like the confinement of a relationship. That's a good choice you made there. If two people are meant to be together it would come naturally. That's what I believe in anyway. Forcing a relationship on an ISFP is not a good idea.
I'm still in a confused state when it comes to him. But hurting him is definitely the last thing I want to do. I'll keep in mind what you've said. Thanks for the advice! :happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts